• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

Alienous

No Last Jedi costume for Luke then, disappointing.
Wonder if this means he won't do much in the movie in terms of action.

Or that he's considered a different hero.

The costumes are a Deluxe Edition exclusive. The 'The Last Jedi' heroes are a pre-order bonus. So that could include 'Old Man Luke', who probably animates and attacks differently to younger Luke - whereas Rey and Kylo Ren would probably be quite similar to how they are in The Force Awakens.

Drayco21

I can understand people being reserved and waiting for gameplay

But content wise they said all the right things. We have an idea of what's in this game and it seems pretty meaty. The SP sounds great.

Also don't kid yourselves people. You know there will be DLC and a season pass.

The two year dev cycle seemed to really help this out. I can't wait. MP is about to be a damn blast.

About that...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm blown away here. All I need to hear is "no microtransactions" and "all maps free" and it would be amazing.

You know that's never going to happen.

EA is sadly not Blizzard.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
YOOO

2017-04-1521_09_11-eailsm0.png

2017-04-1521_09_50-ea2wszk.png
They did it.

I mean, EA will always find a way to rip us offf, but these fuckers did it.

Boke1879

Holy shit I take back what I said.

Wario64
@Wario64
Replying to @Wario64
"We don't have a season pass." - Star Wars Battlefront 2
mashable.com/2017/04/15/sta…

2:24pm · 15 Apr 2017 · TweetDeck

Wonder what that means for DLC then.

Don't really care about the single player all that much.

At best, the cutscenes might be entertaining but I'm not expecting a story with worthwhile characters or gameplay that's particularly unique or fun.

Just wanna know how good the multiplayer is. I skipped the reboot cause I kept hearing how lack of content was an issue and I hope that they expand upon the foundation they've built already.

WillyFive

I hope flying in EA's BF2 is good, I want to enjoy flying and leveling up that Jedi Starfighter.

Flying in EA's first BF was a disaster.

Kinyou

Holy shit I take back what I said.

Wonder what that means for DLC then.
Interesting. Honestly I've been getting a bit tired of Battlefield and Call of Duty putting so much of their content behind an expensive season pass, so I hope they offer something better here.

Cynic in me says this is what the first game should have been, but at the same time I appreciate the effort to go above and beyond with the sequel.

If the content is there and the gameplay is deeper than the first game, I'll pick it up day one.

RyanW

Also don't kid yourselves people. You know there will be DLC and a season pass.

http://mashable.com/2017/04/15/star-wars-battlefront-2-season-pass-no-more/#VlQUfKBlXgq9

Star Wars: Battlefront II's creative director confirmed something we'd been hoping for in an interview before today's announcement: there's no season pass for the game this time around.

"We decided on that, and it's one of those difficult decisions because it has so many implications all around," he continued. "When we looked at the way Battlefront had evolved over its lifetime, with the DLC and everything, we decided, 'You know what? For this type of game, season passes are not the best thing. We need to [take it apart] and come up with something better."

Everything what I have seen and heard has been amazing, and I even played Battlefront 1 for a long time.

Although it almost seems like something has to give. A campaign, multiples eras, way more content in general by the looks of it. I was always under the impression that Battlefront 1 was light on initial content due to two reasons, with one being the release of TFA and the other being the fact that the game required a tremendous effort to get its visuals the way they were.

This seriously looks so good. Way better than the first. Classes... A campaign that seems worth a damn. It's canon. All eras. Lots of maps. They said they wanted to focus on maps that felt alive. Lots of vehicles. Upgradable soldiers and heroes. Good lord.

Hold me, Star Wars GAF.

Boke1879

I can see them offering maps and heroes for free, but have a lot of cosmetic stuff as being paid.

They probably don't want to split the playerbase up since these games are probably coming every 2 years.

Cool trailer! But I got the first one around launch and was very disappointed in it. I will probably pick this up a few months after launch on sale if it gets good reviews.

Vashetti

Banned
No Season Pass? Great

I'm assuming everyone gets all maps and they'll make their money with emotes, skins, other unlocks, etc.

This. The return of classes was my first condition for buying this game. Fixing flying is my second.

I'm confident Criterion will deliver. They specifically stated the thing they hold most dear is the feel of a game and they're the one's doing the vehicle stuff it seems. At least that's what the criterion guy said just now on the panel.

Top Bottom