• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Single Player Cinematic Trailer

Rodelero

Awesome trailer. I'm not going to stop being sceptical about this campaign until I play it, but still, signs are good.

Sephzilla

Okay, I'm sold.

Find it kind of surprising that they'll openly talk about The Emperor being dead but make no mention of Vader's demise as well. Wonder if it's known that Vader turned at the end.

sjay1994

Okay, I'm sold.

Find it kind of surprising that they'll openly talk about The Emperor being dead but make no mention of Vader's demise as well. Wonder if it's known that Vader turned at the end.

If I remember correctly, it is not. Only a few people after RoTJ knew that Vader turned against the emperor, with a good chunk of them being the people who also knew Vader was Anakin.

prag16

Banned
Well this wasn't really a trailer; really just one of the opening scenes, with a quick teaser afterward.

But can't wait to play this. Looks great.

Toa TAK

Banned
It’s fine. I just wonder why they’re hiding so much of it. It doesn’t instill me with any confidence, even if Motive’s doing it.

It’s fine. I just wonder why they’re hiding so much of it. It doesn’t instill me with any confidence, even if Motive’s doing it.
I mean, are they really hiding it? Doesn't feel that way to me. What do you expect to see?

The game is multiplayer first, the campaign is just a bonus.

killercow

Right, but I know her from other non-video game things, like the League.

Oh, my bad! Thought that was the real name of someone :)

I mean, are they really hiding it? Doesn't feel that way to me. What do you expect to see?

Well the thing is we've barely seen any of it and there's a whole studio on it (plus some really talented folks).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thats not a trailer. The video even says its a story scene.

I dont know if i like the voice acting or the writing but i trust the spec ops writer.

Toa TAK

Banned

I expect to see some gameplay at least.

I’m far more amped for the campaign this go. Even if the multiplayer was exactly the same as the last I’d be just as excited for it. I’ve always been a campaign/single player first kinda guy so the lack of gameplay or even a dedicated trailer that isn’t just a conversation cutscene isn’t that enticing, despite how high those production values are.

Sephzilla

Yeah alright, Frostbite just isn't great for facial animations I guess.

D9lyptg.gif

I thought it looked fine

That was a well done scene. It also starts planting what
will cause Versio to turn from the Empire.

It's a bit disapointing, really. It
would have been nice to portray someone loyal to the Empire/First Order because they truly believe it's right despite the bad things, rather than something like "oh, i didn't know we were the bad guys!" and ending up changing their minds about everything

Still, the campaign looks pretty interesting. It'll be good to have something Empire-focused for once.

Isn't that technology a bit too new for the Star War universe?

What technology? I'm assuming you mean the droid, but i don't see anything out-of-place about what's basically just a droid wearing robes with a hologram screen.

Isn't that technology a bit too new for the Star War universe?

If you mean holograms or robots, no, not really. This isn't the Emperor back from the dead or anything, he's just got some prerecorded messages/protocols for what the Empire is meant to do in his demise. It's basically a playable version of the Aftermath novels and the Shattered Empire comics.

After the BF1 disaster, I have zero confidence that they will deliver a good SP campaign. Yes they can make pretty cutescenes, but I certainly won't pay again 60€ for a shitty 3 hour campaign.

adj_noun

All I ask is we don't get railroaded into auto-joining the Rebel scum at the end.

Proudly pronounce an "Empire/First Order" ending as non-canon if you want!

I'll take it!

killercow

Gemüsepizza;250408193 said:
After the BF1 disaster, I have zero confidence that they will deliver a good SP campaign. Yes they can make pretty cutescenes, but I certainly won't pay again 60€ for a shitty 3 hour campaign.

Once again, the campaign's not made by DICE but by Motive, a new studio headed by Jade Raymond.

rashbeep

Banned

lol...

Sephzilla

the person writing BF2's single player story delivered one of the better FPS stories in a long time

Top Bottom