• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Badass.

6gqBexf.png

BigEmil

Reflections, omg reflections. Sorely missed in bf1.

Looks to be using an updated frostbite engine from bf1.
Battlefront 1 was mostly locked 60fps on consoles even with 64 players and all chaos going on all at once with such high visuals superb tech achievement especially with those CPU. I wonder how Battlefront 2 will fare at holding 60fps since visuals seems to have improved even more and more stuff going on at once etc which can be more taxing on hardware

Raptomex

Can't watch since I'm at work but any info on Galactic Conquest? A campaign and Galactic Conquest would be nice but I don't have my hopes up.

Battlefront 1 was mostly locked 60fps on consoles even with 64 players and all chaos going on all at once with such high visuals superb tech achievement especially with those CPU. I wonder how Battlefront 2 will fare at holding 60fps since visuals seems to have improved even more and more stuff going on at once which can be more taxing on bardware

By being on the Xbox One X 😉

BigEmil

By being on the Xbox One X 😉
Of course with more expensive stronger consoles it should handle more that's to be expected but that wasn't my question I was thinking how would mostly standard PS4/Xbox One handle it or is the enhancements on Pro and XOX only maybe but still DICE engine is impressive wizardry how they achieved so much out of all these consoles

Timu

Battlefront 1 was mostly locked 60fps on consoles even with 64 players and all chaos going on all at once with such high visuals superb tech achievement especially with those CPU. I wonder how Battlefront 2 will fare at holding 60fps since visuals seems to have improved even more and more stuff going on at once etc which can be more taxing on hardware
Battlefront 1 was 40 players.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke_911

Using her comic outfit instead of one of the movie ones is a neat choice. Wonder if they'll have contextual alternate costumes like the old games, or cosmetic DLC choices for stuff like Hoth Leia and Pilot Luke.

Yeah Han Solo has been spotted already wearing two different outfits.

mcpk2kowcpgekt0ruljvej1scj.png

Fj0823

Hopefully this means Clone Armor Obi-Wan at some point.

His AotC/RotS look robes are ok,but it's always nice to have a cool alternate

This looks so good but I'm a little skeptical on the Star Card system and there being different levels of power with it.

Save me GAF - make me not worried about that

Boba uses a long range rifle and spends all his time getting worked like an idiot. Jango uses dual pistols and hand-to-hand like a cool guy. I don't think it'd be that hard, though I assumed that Jango was just going to be a recolor of Boba to pad out the prequel hero roster when I had read that people thought they saw him in a leak.

They'll basically appease my feelings on the roster as soon as they're in.

This made me laugh out loud. :)

From a visual and audio perspective this game is crazy. This is the definitive immersive Star Wars experience, by far.

I just hope the gameplay lives up to the promise. I played the BF2015 beta and it convinced me the game wasn't worth buying. Will definitely play the BF2 beta to see how it's improved.

Surfinn

From a visual and audio perspective this game is crazy. This is the definitive immersive Star Wars experience, by far.

I just hope the gameplay lives up to the promise. I played the BF2015 beta and it convinced me the game wasn't worth buying. Will definitely play the BF2 beta to see how it's improved.

This is where I'm at.

I hope the gameplay is more interesting and deep this time around.

Sephzilla

Yep, I'm in the same camp. This game looks fucking insane visually but the actual gameplay from the first game left a lot to be desired.

120v

i said dayum... looks fantastic. but battlefield was never my thing and i never played battlefront (2016 or otherwise) so i'm a little iffy. i guess worst case scenario the campaign can be a glorified tech demo for my 1080 ti, so i'll probably jump on it given holidays don't leave me too strapped

WillyFive

i said dayum... looks fantastic. but battlefield was never my thing and i never played battlefront (2016 or otherwise) so i'm a little iffy. i guess worst case scenario the campaign can be a glorified tech demo for my 1080 ti, so i'll probably jump on it given holidays don't leave me too strapped

EA Battlefront is nothing like Battlefield/the original games, so you might still like it.

I thought I read that Jango was in the leaks too, but :lol of course it's even worse than that.

I can't believe there's no Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka or Grievous; hope there's a lot of content coming.

One of the leaks on Reddit mentioned that Obi-Wan would be coming in at the same time as Grievous during one of the free seasons.

I expect Anakin and Padme (+/- any of the other Prequel Jedi Council... Mace?!) to drop during a Geonosis-themed season update.

NateDog

I needed this. I was on the fence for a while after reading about the loot implementations but it doesn't seem atrocious, yet it will affect gameplay which is what I worried. But still, the game still looks incredible, and free DLC makes it easier to take. I wish we still had Turning Point but maybe modes like that are included within Strike / Galactic Assault (or whatever it is called). Pretty confident I'll be getting it day one again.

One of the leaks on Reddit mentioned that Obi-Wan would be coming in at the same time as Grievous during one of the free seasons.

I expect Anakin and Padme (+/- any of the other Prequel Jedi Council... Mace?!) to drop during a Geonosis-themed season update.
More like Anakin and Dooku for a geonosis update. They need to keep the HvV an even amounf.

Still want to hear more details for Arcade mode. If I can play the large scale multiplayer maps with 20vs20 AI counts, this game will hit all the notes for me. I'm still gonna get it because I'm fine with multiplayer shooters, but sometimes you just want to max all the graphics options (nuking your framerate, but it's so freaking amazing looking in a game like this), sit down with a controller, and enjoy Star Wars without worrying about competing with other players. That's what the first game lacked, for me. It would be excellent if Arcade gave us at least the Galactic Assault maps.

Renekton

sometimes you just want to max all the graphics options (nuking your framerate, but it's so freaking amazing looking in a game like this), sit down with a controller, and enjoy Star Wars without worrying about competing with other players
What you may want is a dedicated SP AAA Star Wars experience with current-gen bells and whistles.

TheFatMan

I didn't watch this with sound,

But why is the Single player only in the margin there, with those 4 maps? Does that mean you get all the maps plus those in single player as an extra, or does single player only have those 4 maps? What do they mean single player? Hmmm....

That graphic wasn't for "maps". It was for planets in the game that you visit.

The ones listed in SP are just planets you only go to during the single player campaign. Those planets don't feature MP maps of any kind (at least at this point).

Or that's what I took from it.

What you may want is a dedicated SP AAA Star Wars experience with current-gen bells and whistles.

Well, sure. Hopefully Visceral's project hits all those notes. But Battlefront has the luxury of being more sandbox in nature. If I want to fly Starships for half a game and play as infantry the other half, that's possible. It's a different sort of single-player, you know? Like the old school instant action modes of the first two games. Endless replayability. I still pop into those games every now and then to play against bots. I would love it if this game had robust options like that as well.

What ritual do i perform to get an arpg in this engine.
Literally all the assets are there, characters, locations, vehicles, weapons powers etc. There just need to add a hub or two and a decent story

Fj0823

I expect Anakin and Ahsoka (+/- any of the other Prequel Jedi Council... Mace?!) to drop during a Geonosis-themed season update.

Fixed

TheFawz

Really good trailer that sells me on the promise of the game by highlighting all the important features. Still unsure if there's character changes to the character customization though.

However those upgrade cards really concern me. How is it a good thing that there are rare better versions of the same card that grants gameplay effects in a competitive multiplayer game? I know it can all be earned by playing and with game time but that's NOT a cool aspect to have.

Neith

Banned
This looks so much better than the first game.

I bought the first game for kicks on that recent sale, and to be frank it's kind of a alpha like game. It does have some core tenets that seem like they are solid enough. But damn that gunplay was utter dog. Animations sucked. Graphics were meh.

Space combat looked cool though. Was way too nooby for my tastes. Reminded me of something worse than Starhawk for fuck's sake in controls.

IDK, I preordered this bitch because it looks a million times better. I hope I am right.

Hesemonni

Banned
I bought the first game for kicks on that recent sale, and to be frank it's kind of a alpha like game. It does have some core tenets that seem like they are solid enough. But damn that gunplay was utter dog. Animations sucked. Graphics were meh.
That's one thing you rarely hear attributed to SW:BF...

Neith

Banned
That's one thing you rarely hear attributed to SW:BF...

I noticed that as well, but IDK maybe I was playing on the wrong levels, or the original PS4 just kind of sucks to be honest because I was not impressed in the slightest bit for 75% of my time with it.

The flying mission to start the game in the canyon was terrible. LOD pop up everywhere, jaggies, et cetera.

Don't get me wrong a few of the levels looked pretty good, and I didn't get to play all of them, but the new game looks WAY MORE POLISHED. And we are getting a Pro mode so my complaints about graphics I think are basically going to be handled.

I kept hearing how this game looked so good, but I really don't understand all those screams anymore. It really was just an okay looking game with a couple standout maps.

bombshell

This looks like a crazy improvement from the first game and I enjoyed that one a lot haha. All DLC being free makes it even better.

I need a multi game considering overwatch is too frustrating, destiny has gotten boring and won't be fun till December and I'm skipping cod this year. If it drops to $30 for BF I'm in.

Dropping to half price in a week? Yeah, not happening.

Top Bottom