• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

Surfinn

Beta system specs

2017-09-2616_47_04-bapjsii.png

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefront-..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

What

My CPU is recommended and my GPU is too weak.

What on earth

In the video when they show a quick shot of someone of the available heroes, was one of them Darth Revan? I really hope so, I would also love if they added Darth Nihlus to this. Game looks so amazing.

I need a multi game considering overwatch is too frustrating, destiny has gotten boring and won’t be fun till December and I’m skipping cod this year. If it drops to $30 for BF I’m in.

Why is this a negative?

MUH IMMERSION

This is it actually. Same primary reason I want to be able to find a vehicle and take off in it (although that can have a lot of fun prospects from a gameplay perspective too).

I wouldn't mind heroes vs villains to be mixed era, but galactic conquest and things like that it's a little immersion breaking to have a character run around that's not from the era. It is a star wars game after all. To play through some of these epic battles is part of the appeal.

MiguelItUp

My 4690k cpu gettin' old now. Will it be ok for this? :(

I would assume so. I played the closed beta with my 4770 + 970 and had no hitches whatsoever. DICE has a way with solid optimization IMO.

That being said I'm really excited about this. I know a lot of people complained about a lack of content with the previous game but I still thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't think it was the "perfect Battlefront experience" per se, but the visuals, audio, and gameplay were still a blast to me. The idea of everything I played previously but with improved gameplay mechanics and even more content has me incredibly excited. Not to mention, with them pushing so hard on the content side of things, it makes me wonder how the DLC content is gonna look. I thought the DLC for the previous game was substantial, but if they want to step that up too, I'm all for it. :)

B00TE

I can't wait for this, the first game was sparse on content but I still had a fucking blast. Also ended up being one of my favorite games to play while drunk.

Gunship

The graphics look utterly astonishing. Growing up on the original trilogy and Star Wars arcade game I'd never have believed this was going to be possible in my lifetime, it looks amazing. The way they've captured the locations and atmosphere of the movies is incredible, some of it was barely distinguishable from the movies themselves - of course this was a professionally edited trailer but the overall impression blew me away.

Enthus

I'm going to assume the DLC Heroes and maps from the first game will be some of the content included in the free updates that they are doing.

Seems to have the amount of content the first one should've had. It's really enticing. I'm just concerned about how much Star Cards will affect gameplay and how grindy it will be to get them. I'm fine with lootboxes and shit if that's what it takes for them to release free content for the multiplayer. But this isn't Mass Effect's MP, this isn't co-op. So I worry this might get a bit too P2W for me. Would be better if the lootboxes had cosmetic items only.

Toa TAK

Banned
Telling me all the right things in that trailer. I cannot wait for more of the SP campaign, I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Seriously, if it's as good as the first, Battlefront II will undoubtedly be my go-to multiplayer game just like the last one.

Can't wait to jump in with BattlefrontGAF again.
I can't believe Boyega got this gig by unintentionally trolling EA on twitter.

It's pretty damn great.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Vanilla. Though the DLC only added Bespin, Death Star, and Scarif as new planets. Though it added 8 heroes for a total of 14.

Not yet. Remember, all maps, modes, heroes, weapons, star cards, and vehicles will be free.

Really hope they get Umbara into it eventually. Such a great battle.

I can't believe Boyega got this gig by unintentionally trolling EA on twitter.

Credit to EA for taking that ball and running with it.

Looks really freaking fun. Impressions seem really positive on this one's gameplay versus the last one. Apparently it feels way better. I'm definitely in.

Hyped on all the different planets. Love all the different environments. Visuals are insane and I'm sure the sound design will be ridiculous once again.

Also, DICE isn't doing the campaign. It's Motive and Jade Raymond. I think the writer from Spec Ops is working on it too. Let's just wait and see.

jelly

I know the single player is pretty unknown but the bits they've shown are so like Battlefield single player were a few hype visual scenes but the game play is really poor. Hope Motive pull off something great but those flashy animations masquerading as game play have me worried, it's like getting into the jet fighter all over again. Works for a trailer.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I know i already posted this but guys seriously... We can ride Tauntauns.

DKp7YHmXoAEaBVR.jpg:large

5jMRXuY.gif

TK-421

No Scarif? Possibly the best battle in Star Wars film.. guess they're either holding off on doing it for DLC, or because it was in BF1 it won't be in BF2?

^Don't know yet. Even if it's DLC it's fine, all DLC is free.

If the datamining is anything to go by they've actually removed heroes from the first game which is a bit frustrating.
Of the DLC heroes they aren't including at launch Greedo, Dengar, Krennic, Nien, and Jyn.

Top Bottom