• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

Effect

Hard to show more from 5-6 hour campaign and not to reaveal too much? ;)

You're being to generous with that time range. I'm expecting half of that with you playing on the multiplayer maps instead of single player designed levels. The story will all be in cut scenes. I think this single player is ultimately going to be an after thought by the developers. They tried to make it seem a bigger focus then it really is or was. I'm expecting lots of disappointment on this front. That sucks because I would love good single player Star Wars game again but I don't think we're ever going to really get it. I want another Dark Forces / Jedi Knight or even Republic Commando. Never going to happen I think, certainly not with this game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is it true that the sp "campaign" uses mp maps and gameplay against ai, rather than a unique more traditonal handcrafted story?

8JaGuJ2.png

Buy this game please, look at all the content compared to the one you bought last time

killercow

Is it true that the sp "campaign" uses mp maps and gameplay against ai, rather than a unique more traditonal handcrafted story?

Nope, seems to be corridor levels thus far and plus you can see in the video that some locations are single player only.

GeeTeeCee

That's basically what the original SWBF2 did, so it would be comparable to the single player content we've had in the past.

I did notice the vid mentions a few locations that will only appear in the SP mode, so there's that at least.

Yep. That looks fucking great.
And I didn't think they could ever make a game that sounded better than Battlefront '15, but it appears that they managed to do just that.

Krosia

hard free2play mechanics that you will only see in mobile games, CoD and now in Battlefront 2.

Buy lootboxes and hope for great Star Card abilities, or grind your ass off to upgrade your bronze card into silver. All in a full priced AAA game.

Thanks, no thanks.

Apdiddy

Wow, so there's more heroes/vehicles/locations but fewer multiplayer modes? How is that better?

EA took away Droid Run probably because people (like me) that hunt trophies use that mode to capture the same droid over and over to boost XP. And no Supremacy or Walker Assault?

That and multiplayer being focused on crafting items and packs means there will be lots of OPed players that will kill multiplayer if you get the game a year from now or don't spend all day every day playing multiplayer.

Not to mention the single player campaign using maps -- as opposed to an actual separate explorable story -- has me concerned too. I'll wait until it's cheaper to get it.

Akai__

Again...

DICE is making mulitplayer
Motive Studio campaign
Criterion Games is supporting the studios and doing the job on ships and space combat.

So many poeople who need to be reminded that it's Motive Studios doing Campaign and even under Jade Raymond.

Wow, so there's more heroes/vehicles/locations but fewer multiplayer modes? How is that better?

EA took away Droid Run probably because people (like me) that hunt trophies use that mode to capture the same droid over and over to boost XP. And no Supremacy or Walker Assault?

That and multiplayer being focused on crafting items and packs means there will be lots of OPed players that will kill multiplayer if you get the game a year from now or don't spend all day every day playing multiplayer.

Not to mention the single player campaign using maps -- as opposed to an actual separate explorable story -- has me concerned too. I'll wait until it's cheaper to get it.

The less MP modes the better.

Keeps the game focused.

Hated that so little maps were spread throughout so many modes in not only BF1 but also the more recent Battlefields.

McHuj

Really hope the campaign isn't ruined by having the main character turn good in the end. I want to kick ass as the empire from start to finish.

Top Bottom