• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

Frostman

What's the player counts going to be like on PC? That's my question.

Totally torn on what platform to get it for. PS4 or PC.

Fury451

Banned
8JaGuJ2.png

Buy this game please, look at all the content compared to the one you bought last time

Seriously. But unless the gameplay has more depth I really don't care.

What's the player counts going to be like on PC? That's my question.

Totally torn on what platform to get it for. PS4 or PC.
PS4 is the safest best for the largest community the longest.

Also, I'm no fan of loot boxes, but the system in this game is like a 2 on a scale of 10 (10 being the worst), COD is like an 8. No weapons, just star card upgrades, skins, and emotes. Star Cards can be upgraded through regular gameplay. All future maps, heroes, weapons, star cards, vehicles, modes, etc will be FREE.

Lemondish

Also, I'm no fan of loot boxes, but the system in this game is like a 2 on a scale of 10. COD is like an 8. No weapons, just star card upgrades, skins, and emotes. Star Cards can be upgraded through regular gameplay. All future maps, heroes, weapons, star cards, vehicles, modes, etc will be FREE.

Those are all good things, so why rate it so low?

Gothos

It looks like they learned from the problems of the first one, but the Star Card system looks super fishy. I mean getting abilities randomly in boxes, and then there are different rarities which can make them more powerful? That sounds super fucked up.

From what they shown the difference in power between rarities isn't thta big. I doubt it will have some big effect on the overall gameplay.

Jesus Christ the cynicism people.

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'm in it only for the multiplayer and I'm damned excited for all the new shit they added.

Better just to ignore them and bask in the glory of a new SW game that looks to correct just about every mistake of the first.

14 heroes

So...

Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Lando Calrissian(?)
Rey
Chewbacca
Yoda
Finn (Free update)

Darth Vader
The Emperor
Boba Fett
Kylo Ren
Darth Maul
Iden Versio (probably)
Bossk(?)
Captain Phasma (Free update)

^Rumor has it that Obi-Wan and Grevious are being worked on. They want to release each hero set in complementary pairs and making Grevious has been a challenge.

From what they shown the difference in power between rarities isn't thta big. I doubt it will have some big effect on the overall gameplay.
I have some info up from the alpha and leaked they shows the difference for some of the cards.

http://swbfii.com/game/starcards.html

border

If I were a betting man I'd say it's because of LucasArts's stringent requirements when it comes to canon stories within the universe.

This game is 6-8 weeks month from launch, and has virtually nothing to do with the new trilogy. The idea that they can't show more than 5 seconds of single player gameplay is ridiculous.

Lucasfilm themselves show more than this in their film trailers.

Xater

I don't agree. They are very deliberately putting gameplay modifying aspects, that could give you an edge, into loot boxes. That is predatory as fuck and suoer scummy in my book.

Put like that is hard not to appreciate all the features and fan feedback they did during the first one. My boy Boyega narrating is the icing on the cake.

My only complain is that the vehicles still seem to pe just pick up totems like the first one instead of riding the vehicles you find in the ground right?

Yep. That looks fucking great.
And I didn't think they could ever make a game that sounded better than Battlefront '15, but it appears that they managed to do just that.

C'mon, is the easiest thing ever to be better than BF 2015.

Frostman

40 like on console. I don't know why one would expect anything else.

I think they meant player population. It died out kind of quickly on PC IIRC. Really depends on if the game is good and has depth.

Also, I'm no fan of loot boxes, but the system in this game is like a 2 on a scale of 10 (10 being the worst), COD is like an 8. No weapons, just star card upgrades, skins, and emotes. Star Cards can be upgraded through regular gameplay. All future maps, heroes, weapons, star cards, vehicles, modes, etc will be FREE.

Yeah, I meant player population :D. PS4 will no doubt have the largest community, so I suppose I will go with that first. I'll think about PC later.

Put like that is hard not to appreciate all the features and fan feedback they did during the first one. My boy Boyega narrating is the icing on the cake.

My only complain is that the vehicles still seem to pe just pick up totems like the first one instead of riding the vehicles you find in the ground right?
You earn points during a match for kills and objectives which you use in the spawn screen to purchase vehicles for that life.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Everyone should buy this game so EA doesn't regret not doing a season pass and hopefully more devs and publisher follow when they see how successful it was.

Let's end the season pass era once and for all.

Yaska

Ahh the difficult choice between console and pc version. PC version will look bonkers, but consoles will have better playerbase. >.< Worst case, got to double dip.

Day 1!

List of locations from the video:

SP:

Sullust
Pillio
Vardos
Bespin

MP:

Death Star 2
Kashyyyk
Ryloth
Jakku
Endor
Hoth
Kamino
Starkiller Base
Yavin 4
Mos Eisley
Unknown Regions
Naboo
Takodana
Fondor

Effect

Have they really been avoiding single player? I felt like that's all they talked about over the summer. They had the voice actress cosplaying presenting it to you.

There was talk of it and the story but they never showed anything other then the very small clips you see in the trailer and even then none of that was gameplay just cinematics. So on that front it made sense to bring up the actress playing the main character.

This is why I believe they tried to make it a seem like it was bigger focus then it really was. It was a smoke and mirror show I feel. I'd love to be proven wrong. They know the lack of a single player was one of the huge negatives of the previous game. They know people want it. If they were serious about and it was a significant part of the game why wouldn't they have showed it already? Why would they still have it clouded in mystery when the game is little over a month away? All red flags.

Plenty of games have shown off campaigns months before release and still not spoiled anything story wise. They've shown a lot of the multiplayer. Showing off a beginning level (not even talking about them building a demo, just showing developers playing the single player from their internal build) shouldn't be hard unless they know there is going to be a negative reaction to what they've put together I feel.

Day 1!

List of locations from the video:

SP:

Sullust
Pillio
Vardos
Bespin

MP:

Death Star 2
Kashyyyk
Ryloth
Jakku
Endor
Hoth
Kamino
Starkiller Base
Yavin 4
Mos Eisley
Unknown Regions
Naboo
Takodana
Fondor
To clarify; Ryloth, Fondor, and Unknown Regions are Starfighter Assault only on day 1. No ground modes on them.

Keasar

How much effect will those Star Cards have when they have raritys that affect their power etc.?

The last thing I like in a team-shooter is feeling underpowered and useless compared to someone with fully-upgraded-whatevers.

Top Bottom