• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

daxy

Rarity of Star Cards affecting the strength of their effect in the game + crate system to get more Star Cards = hard pass

Why not make Star Card power the same across the board and only have cosmetics in the crates? What the fuck, DICE.

shounenka

So utterly disappointed in the lack of a PSVR mode for this game. Pretty or not, SP campaign or not, it feels like a downgrade without it.

Will look forward to the new Doom VFR instead.

Trago

I'm ready!

I hope of the new vehicles, the B-Wing is included. I love the B-Wing.

pBcsSU3.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The game is looking delicious. I don't care if the SP is 4 hours long, I want to play it.

I don't understand why so many people are actually cheering for the SP to be bad.

At the very least we know that it has unique locations, a unique story and it's developed by a different studio.

q6xBVjR.jpg

The way they word this has me worried that the SP will mostly just be you completing objectives on the MP maps. I believe that's how BF1 mostly did it.

Bf1 had nothing qualified to be called a single player campaign.
Titanfall 2 is the gold standard this gen.
Loved cod infinite warfare as well.
Hope this one is equally good

killercow

Wow, so there's more heroes/vehicles/locations but fewer multiplayer modes? How is that better?

EA took away Droid Run probably because people (like me) that hunt trophies use that mode to capture the same droid over and over to boost XP. And no Supremacy or Walker Assault?

That and multiplayer being focused on crafting items and packs means there will be lots of OPed players that will kill multiplayer if you get the game a year from now or don't spend all day every day playing multiplayer.

Not to mention the single player campaign using maps -- as opposed to an actual separate explorable story -- has me concerned too. I'll wait until it's cheaper to get it.

Walker Assault is the main mode, Galactic Assault.

Apdiddy

Rarity of Star Cards affecting the strength of their effect in the game + crate system to get more Star Cards = hard pass

Why not make Star Card power the same across the board and only have cosmetics in the crates? What the fuck, DICE.

Yeah -- and if you have to deal with a player who payed to win so he/she has the more rare star cards in every match, multiplayer will dry up in a hurry.

8JaGuJ2.png

Buy this game please, look at all the content compared to the one you bought last time
The first game was widely criticized for its lack of content in the base game. What would you have them do?
This seems pretty misleading. Battlefront 1 had more content that that. I guess this was at launch without the Season's Pass or free DLC?
It's comparing base game to base game. It's not misleading at all.

Schlorgan

This seems pretty misleading. Battlefront 1 had more content that that. I guess this was at launch without the Season's Pass or free DLC?
They're listing planets, not maps. There were only four planets with 2-3 maps each in the first one (but only a few per game mode).

border

It would have been nice to see the single player campaign. I'm not sure why it's been veiled in secrecy for so long.

So pre-orders get 3 days of Early Access? Is the game going to go up on EA Access as well?

I’m actually quite excited about the SP, it seems like they a pouring a lot into it, to deliver an epic campaign with a great story. I think a lot of people might be surprised how good it ends up.

Phatcorns

Anyone know why no physical versions are on Amazon? I'm quite excited, but I want that 20% discount son!

EDIT: woops, beaten, but also not answered still

I'm so excited about this game. Been geeking it up about Star Wars lately, so this is perfect. Especially before the new movie.

Xater

It looks like they learned from the problems of the first one, but the Star Card system looks super fishy. I mean getting abilities randomly in boxes, and then there are different rarities which can make them more powerful? That sounds super fucked up.

Boke1879

I'm not worried about the SP but I'll probably tell you why they aren't showing much.

The gameplay probably isn't much to write home about. It'll be a short campaign but lack real depth and probably only serves as a tutorial to get used to the controls when handling characters, heroes and ships.

Nice, looks like they're actually providing $60 worth of content this time. Hopefully the Beta shows that the gameplay changes make it worth it this time around as well.

I'm hoping the more powerful the star card the more it costs in your load out so it's a give and take sort of thing. Otherwise, it's going to be a mess. I don't know enough about it either way.

Since the campaign is canon I wonder if Lucasfilm is the reason they arent showing much.

Reminds me of the TFA and TLJ marketing.

FHIZ

Having come off the first game on PS4 and how good it looked, I can’t wait to test my PC out on this. Built it this summer and with the exception of Witcher just to test things, I haven’t had a big new spectacle game to play through on it. This will do.

Renekton

I selfishly hope the BF4/BF1 veterans are not interested.

Their decades of honed Battlefield skills are still relevant to Battlefront so they wipe the floor with casuls like me D:

Ravelle

This looks amazing, also hoping hero clashes combat feels and looks better instead of two entangled marionettes

Since the campaign is canon I wonder if Lucasfilm is the reason they arent showing much.

Reminds me of the TFA and TLJ marketing.

Probably. Especially if it contains potential spoilers for TLJ in itself.

Also something I realise - 'Strike' covers various objective gameplay modes, so it might be that the others do similar. So the actual number of distinctive modes may be larger than they appear, just lumped together.

Jesus Christ the cynicism people.

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'm in it only for the multiplayer and I'm damned excited for all the new shit they added.

Mit-

Have they really been avoiding single player? I felt like that's all they talked about over the summer. They had the voice actress cosplaying presenting it to you.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Two years ago:

"Boo, SWBF is shallow and lacks content. Booooo."

Two years later.

8JaGuJ2.png

Buy this game please, look at all the content compared to the one you bought last time

"HAHA this game actually had to put content this time HAHA"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FUCK YES!

Now we talking.

2017-09-2615_49_35-thvws54.png

and remember all additional DLC, be it maps, modes, weapons, vehicles or heroes will be absolutely FREE.

Top Bottom