• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

prag16

Banned
What do Blast and Strike mean and why cant this trailer be the one to tell me?

Blast is TDM, period. Strike I guess a smaller scale (meaning not 20v20) objective based stuff? Not sure. I wonder if those smaller modes will have 'unique' maps, or if they'll be 'cut out' of the 11 big maps in some way.

I didn't think the guns felt terrible to use, but I felt like the gunplay itself lacked depth an didn't feel very satisfying at all.

Hate this sentiment. Different doesn't mean lacked depth. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that by "depth" you do NOT mean a million perks, attachments, etc etc other shit a la CoD... because back when BF2015 launched a lot of people were pointing to that as "depth".

But I don't consider the "depth" provided by accuracy buffs in effect while lying prone and outrageous hipfire spray that is more extreme than it'd even be in real life, to be an objectively good thing.

Not everything needs to be CoD or Battlefield. God forbid somebody changes things up every once in a while.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Blast is TDM, period. Strike I guess a smaller scale (meaning not 20v20) objective based stuff? Not sure. I wonder if those smaller modes will have 'unique' maps, or if they'll be 'cut out' of the 11 big maps in some way.

Hate this sentiment. Different doesn't mean lacked depth. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that by "depth" you do NOT mean a million perks, attachments, etc etc other shit a la CoD... because back when BF2015 launched a lot of people were pointing to that as "depth".

But I don't consider the "depth" provided by accuracy buffs in effect while lying prone and outrageous hipfire spray that is more extreme than it'd even be in real life, to be an objectively good thing.

Not everything needs to be CoD or Battlefield. God forbid somebody changes things up every once in a while.
There isn't any support in that post for Battlefront's gunplay having depth.

Neith

Banned
Enjoy the new unlock assignments; see you in 2019 when you finish them. :/ Seriously though, the new DLC is great, but the same bs shenanigans are there for unlocks.

I simply don't even care about them anymore. If I get them done I get them done. If I don't I have no time for it. People just need to stop worrying about it.

But yet at this point it totally sucks these guns are locked behind absurd time wasting bullshit. Fuck DICE for doing it too.

I was fine with Battlefront's gun play. I was not fine the super tiny TTK though, made the game seem like a body mill.

Yeah that had better be fixed with this game.

Klocker

i am so down for MP modes looks phenomenal but jesus why did they eliminate capture the cargo mode it was such damned fun

Rarity of Star Cards affecting the strength of their effect in the game + crate system to get more Star Cards = hard pass

Why not make Star Card power the same across the board and only have cosmetics in the crates? What the fuck, DICE.

because people wanted free maps.

gotta get those extra dollars somewhere.

Blast is TDM. Strike is an 8v8 objective mode. We don't know what the objective is, but rumors are it changes with each map.

...no? It's just the objectives in Galactic Assault are tailored to each map to make a narrative.
So I can still chose "conquest" or "walker assault" and then I will be put only into games with this mode on the maps that support it? Then all is good.

VariantX

This is much more enticing than the first game. Probably will pick this one up now that the MP seems to be where it should be. A true celebration of all things Star Wars.

prag16

Banned
So I can still chose "conquest" or "walker assault" and then I will be put only into games with this mode on the maps that support it? Then all is good.

It actually sounds like we CAN'T do that. But I don't think anything has been 100% confirmed either way.

Heaven forbid a sci-fi fantasy MP game doesn't feel "realistic", "gritty" and "visceral" like CoD. The gunplay of BF15 captured the feel of Star Wars perfectly.

Personally couldn't stand it. Felt brain-dead, with very limited diversity in gameplay. As others have said, there was a meta there to master, but the skill-floor was so low that the game played more like a shooting gallery, than a competent competitive shooter.

It's not about being 'gritty' or 'visceral'. It handled smoothly, but the core combat wasn't satisfying to many - particularly myself. Steering the game toward the sort of skill-curves found in CoD, Battlefield, and even Halo, doesn't preclude them from capturing the dainty feel of combat in Star Wars.

_Legacy_

Happy to see my boy Boyega promoting this game, he's done so well for himself. Excited for SWBF2 but probably won't buy day one, looks really good though.

Surfinn

Lack depth like I felt like I was just pointing and clicking. The response of actually firing guns didn't feel satisfying to me. No, I'm not talking about perks and unlocks.

The FEEL of the guns just felt boring and had a lack of impact/power to them. Felt too arcadey for my taste.

I'm not saying there needs to be fucking prone and ADS, come on man

Slixshot

Banned
Incredibly hyped for this. Might throw in my preorder!

giphy-25.gif

Let's goooooo

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
that flametrooper looks really fun
also want to install total war warhammer 2 but i have to save harddrive space for this damn beta why dose everything have to come out all at once :(

Gamezone

Gold Member
The game will probably sell well, but I hope it doesn't end up like Watch Dogs 2. Many of my casual friends swear to never touch Battlefront 2 after they feel burned by the first game.

Pizza

I loooove BF2015. Also a big fan of the older games. My biggest issue with these is still the lack of a mode where you're given a map with consistent objectives/spawn points and told to outsurvive the enemy or cap all the points. I still fondly remember the older BF games as arcadey experiences, but maybe I'm wrong there.

And I'm weirdly okay with cross timeline heroes? As much as I think it's weird, playing the BF2015 hero mode showed me that some heroes are just better than others, and a well crafted empire team can just steamroll a poor or mid tier rebel team. I feel like opening heroes across time periods let's the team focus more on just throwing out cool characters vs trying to balance three different light and dark teams

Ideally, once they hopefully toss in a ton more characters they'll decide to wall them off. For me, im just happy I'll probably always be able to rock Senate Robes Sheev as my hero of choice

DataBased

Clearly nails the visual and audio styling of the movies, but nothing here is selling me after being disappointed with its predecessor.

ThisOne

The game looks rad but I'm still a bit skeptical that I'll get burned like I did with Battlefront. That game just felt a bit too shallow and spastic for me. Didn't have any of the epic moments that you get in a Battlefield game.

Orcus

Clearly nails the visual and audio styling of the movies, but nothing here is selling me after being disappointed with its predecessor.
I was in the category of "not sure" if I would pre-order, but after impressions from EA Play and this reveal I'm 100% going to pre-order for that early beta access.

Just the fact that EA/Dice is dropping DLC makes a huge difference to me. I've had years and years of frustration watching the community get split by DLC and living with the many limitations pay for DLC has caused, and that is finally over! If there is actually good team balancing in this release I might actually cry tears of joy!

Top Bottom