• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / XB1 / Switch - October 2017 Games

Rymuth

bUU7KnK.jpg

Notes

- MARIO TIME!

Archive

M U L T I P L A T F O R M

W6Rarqb.jpg

Title:
Battlechasers - Nightwar
Release Date: October 3
Platforms: PS4/XB1 (Switch at a later date)
*Trailer*

6ZajKZ1.jpg

Title: Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen
Release Date; October 3
Platforms: PS4/XB1
*Trailer*

i5i5gQ5.jpg

Title: A Hat in Time
Release Date: October 5
*Trailer*

OsS9REb.png

Title: Middle-Earth - Shadow of Shelob
Release Date: October 10
*Trailer*

ICO11cE.png

Title: Tohou Kabuto V - Burst Battle
Release Date: October 10 (US), October 13 (EU)
Platforms: PS4/Switch
*Trailer*

XJeZbFq.jpg

Title: The Evil Within 2
Release Date: October 13
*Trailer*

GaY2z1E.jpg

Title: Rogue Trooper Redux
Release Date: October 17
Platforms: PS4/XB1 (Switch at a later date)
*Trailer*

c268Etd.jpg

Title:
South Park - The Fractured But Whole
*Trailer*

WwpVIwp.jpg

Title: WWE 2k18
Platforms: PS4/XB1/Switch
*Trailer*

pugwPof.jpg

Title: Just Dance 2018
Release Date: October 24 (NA), October 26 (EU)
Platforms: PS4/XB1/Switch
*Trailer*

VdmeDo1.jpg

Title: Nights of Azure 2 - Bride of the New Moon
Release Date: October 24 (NA), October 27 (EU)
Platforms: PS4/Switch
*Trailer*

ci5DZwn.jpg

Title: Assassin's Creed Origins
Release Date: October 27
*Trailer*

nIkGieV.jpg

Title:
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
Platforms: PS4/XB1 (Switch in 2018)
*Trailer*

ml4JJQz.jpg

Title:
Final Fantasy XV - Comrades
Release Date: October 31
*Trailer*

E X C L U S I V E S

SWITCH

wqAHcYK.jpg

Title: Yono and the Celestial Elephants
Release Date: October 12
*Trailer*

oXbgeum.jpg

Title: Fire Emblem Warriors
Release Date: October 20
*Trailer*

ZuXccta.jpg

Title: Super Mario Odyssey
*Trailer*

PLAYSTATION 4

yRnln8A.jpg

Title: Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online
Release Date: October 10 (NA), October 13 (EU)
*Trailer*

gGFeS1W.jpg

Title: Chaos; Child
Release Date: October 13 (EU), October 24 (NA)
*Trailer*

gDYZMdx.png

Title: No Heroes Allowed! VR
*Trailer*

xoqosPU.jpg

Title: Gran Turismo Sport
Release Date: October 17 (NA), October 18 (EU)
*Trailer*

vEYFbpS.jpg

Title: Hidden Agenda
Release Date: October 24 (NA), October 25 (EU)
*Trailer*

nmHitA8.jpg

Title: Yomawari Midnight Shadows
Release: October 24 (NA), October 27 (EU)
*Trailer*

XBOX ONE

TZkv9WB.jpg

Title: Forza Motorsport 7
Release Date: October 3
*Trailer*

Dragon's Dogma and South Park are what interest me the most (I want other games here too). May have to consider getting them another time because of how busy I am.

Zedark

Super Mario Odyssey for me. That and FIFA will keep me very busy until Skyrim and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launch!

burgerdog

PC: The Evil Within 2. Wolfenstein II
Switch: Mario
Xbox X: Forza 7 Nov 3rd for me.
PS4P: FFXV mp if it's included in the season pass.

Whew.

Yazuka

What I'm getting
Battle Chasers
South Park Fractured But Whole
Super Mario Odyssey

Later
Nights of Azure 2
Wolfenstein 2

Maybe
Fire Emblem Warriors

Wow Battlechasers looks kinda great. Turn based RPG goodness. Will keep an eye out for pricing and reviews of that one.

Other than that, Shadow of War preordered.

Might pick up South Park when it’s reduced in price. Other than that, it looks to be a quiet month for me... and in fact, for the rest of year theres nothing else on the radar for retail until January :/

Forza 7 and Assassin's Creed: Origins, albeit they'll mostly be waiting for my Xbox One X. There's the Games Week in Milan this week so I'll likely be able to snag 'em cheaper than later so I buy them now, but AC will definitely be started on the One X. I do kinda want Dragon's Dogma too, I didn't get too far in the 360 version a few years ago but I enjoyed what I played mostly, and I've been craving for an RPG that plays well for a bit now (I'm hard to please with RPGs). Around Black Friday or Christmas I'll probably buy a Switch, so Mario Odyssey will be mine, just not in October probably, unless there's an insane deal on that too. With Cuphead and Pinball FX3 at the end of this month and COD: WWII at the start of November, it's gonna be 5 crazy weeks as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Almost forgot Wolf2 and Mordor, both of them will likely be mine at a later stage.

BiggNife

So much shit this month.

Probably gonna buy Mario at launch and get Wolfenstein a couple weeks later once I'm done with Mario.

I hope Hat in Time is good. I'm always down for another solid 3D platformer.

I'm definitely in for Dragon's Dogma. Aside from that I'm not sure - probably nothing that I can't wait on. If I had a Switch I'd pick up Mario.

A Hat in Time though is finally releasing - and not on PC?! I thought there was quite a lot of hype for that initially, but it seems to have died off an awful lot to the point where I didn't even know it was coming out soon.

Anung

Un Rama
Dragon's Dogma, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus for me. Everything else is wait for a sale.

salromano

Great month.

The Switch version of Battlechasers was delayed, devs haven't announced a new date yet.

For reference: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548028600/battle-chasers-nightwar/posts/1991662

Battle Chasers: Nightwar said:
As of now, the Switch version is delayed and we're not quite sure till when. We're waiting on some updates to Unity that we'll need before we can comfortably promise a release date for the game. We know this is a hotly anticipated version of Nightwar, so we don't take such delays lightly, but our #1 priority is making sure the version we release performs up to expected standards.

Once we have a reliable date we can promise, you'll be the first to know. We don't expect this delay to be significant, but it's a bit of an unknown.

It's still possible to change your selected platform on battlechasers.com if you'd prefer not to wait. We appreciate everyone's patience (we're excited for it, too).

I'm definitely in for Dragon's Dogma. Aside from that I'm not sure - probably nothing that I can't wait on. If I had a Switch I'd pick up Mario.

A Hat in Time though is finally releasing - and not on PC?! I thought there was quite a lot of hype for that initially, but it seems to have died off an awful lot to the point where I didn't even know it was coming out soon.

It is coming for PC.

PC doesn't exist in this thread.

Cess007

Oh man, South Park and Wolfenstein II this month!? Damn, my backlog are gonna kill me, but I want those 2 games! D:

sotojuan

Kinda wish Tohou Kabuto V was a regular bullet hell game, I want to play one of those on Switch. Doesn't look too bad though.

shaneo632

I've been veering away from AAA quite a bit this year so not much for me this month, which is kind of a relief after I totally burned myself out last October.

South Park - definitely getting day 1
WWE 2K18 - one of my housemates is getting it so I'll play that with him a bit and move on
Yono - just got a Switch, will get this if reviews are good
Super Mario Odyssey - not in a rush to play it, will probably rent it in early November for a few days
GT Sport - will rent it to try out the PSVR mode, game looks mediocre otherwise
Hidden Agenda - been looking forward to this for ages, looks like it will be fun with a few friends and some beers

Top Bottom