• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / XB1 / Switch - October 2017 Games

timberger

Some great looking PS4 games this month and finally some Switch exclusives that might push me to pick the console up at last. Good month for those two platforms for sure.

mauaus

AC Origins Day one PS4
Mario Oddysey day one Switch
Battlechasers (Backed it) Switch (Delayed FFS)

Later, hopefully Black Friday sales:
A Hat in Time
Wolfenstein
Shadow of War
South Park
Hidden Agenda

Dont know how I'm going to afford this month

I didn't either.
Until I did.

I basically have been putting in 10$ here and there on stuff on Amazon since August. It's been a stressful month for paying stuff off. I can't wait for October to come and let the fruits of my labor arrive in my mailbox.

Not that I'm complaining but it doesn't seem like loads of Games for an October.

I guess we're finally leaving the era of jam every release in to the fall. Thankfully.

Crowded month for me but these are the games I'm getting:

Battlechasers - Nightwar
Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen
No Heroes Allowed! VR
Gran Turismo Sport
Hidden Agenda

dan2026

Why on earth do developers release all their games at the same time?

Just means half off them will be trampled and ignored in favour of the others.

Lol, I was just saying the opposite. Seemed like some of these threads had more games earlier in the year. Maybe I'm misremembering.

I plan on preordering Mario Odyssey on the eShop as soon as possible. Does anyone know if eShop games unlock at midnight or would I need to wait until some time later on 10/27 to play?

Gaz_RB

At this point there is no good time to release a game. There are always new games coming out. There's no real "dry season" anymore.

Mario Odyssey and The Evil Within 2
banderas.gif

spad3

ALL ABOARD THE MARIO ODYSSEY HYPE-LOOP
warrhyperloop.gif

Assassin's Creed: O + Super Mario: O on the same day = O No My Wallet.

BigEmil

- Battlechasers - Nightwar (PS4

- Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen (PS4

- A Hat in Time (PS4

- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch

For me! (Might get Bubsy too more platformers wouldn't hurt)

Then .hack// GU Last Recode next month and I'm sorted!

Dragon's Dogma and Odyssey are probably my only two for the month. Then in November once I have my X, I'll see what the vibe is for AC Origins and maybe Shadow of War.

November I'm definitely picking up Switch Skyrim and Star Wars Battlefront II.

Pudd

Neo Member
Mario of course day 1, Dragon's Dogma in it's first sale and A Hat in Time if it's at least okay around christmas. Fire Emblem Warriors and Evil Within II are on my watchlist but I do not expect to buy them soon. Just played Pirate Warriors 3 (which is amazing) and Evil Within 1 was such a letdown to me. We'll see.

Really thought I was going to get away with not buying anything this month but Hidden Agenda and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows are now on my list. Still on the fence about Yomawari though; I played through the JP version and really enjoyed it and kinda want to play the continuation in Japanese as well but the markup on the import right now is too strong.

Dragon's Dogma - PS4
Shadows of War - PS4
Evil Within 2 - PS4
South Park - PS4
Ass Creed - X1X (Obviously won't be playing this until the system comes out) Let's be honest I won't be playing any of these for months. Except Mario.
Wolfenstein 2 - PS4
Fire Emblem Warriors - Switch
Mario Odyssey - Switch
Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

My wallet cries in terror.

Top Bottom