• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

I should be excited at the idea of no season pass... but I know how this game is played. Please dont be pay to win or put every unlockable behind a chest you need to pay to open.

4K/60fps here we come.

BF was one of the more recent 720p XB1 games wasnt it?

Gonna be interesting to see how close the Scorpio version can get to 4k from 720.

Jake2by4

It's exclusive to both Xbox One and PS4; it's PC that won't have it. The Twitter account is Xbox's, so they aren't going to mention the PS4 in their post.

Not true, Microsoft trying to steal the thunder

BiQShjO.jpg

Okay cool but why even word it like that.

I really hope they have the Space Battle Assault mode from the old games. I want 20v20 with boarding on capital ships etc.
I also hope there are 10 planets - a pipe dream I know.

Not really. Assets are probably being reused. I'm expecting 9-12 planets split evenly between eras. I also expect them to ditch the 'maps for modes' way and go back to '1 map built for the largest mode and downsized' way, but we'll see.

GavinUK86

I'm VERY excited for the premise of that single player campaign but I don't have trust in DICE to create a decent one.

Mikey Jr.

PS4 Pro is ready!

Gonna have to look at what 4k tv's will be recommended this holiday.

Might even swap for a PS4 Pro Star Wars console if they make one like last time.

I wish the pickups weren't so random/arcadey and "run down " while you are using them. If you get to play as Luke/Vader you should play until you die, not have some stupid timer counting down that makes you nervous/anxious, such a stupid mechanic imo.

There are no countdowns in the first one, only for the AT-AT.

MADGAME

So ready for this, I hope they provide a steady flow of information between now and November.

I hope the weapons modifications implementation is just a replacement of the star cards. I'd be ok with that, need to see what they're offering in terms of classes.

Hype Star is fully operational!

DeaDPo0L84

Class base system being back is awesome. Just need confirmation of no stupid coin system for vehicles and seamless ground to space battles.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What I excites me most about the campaign is fucking Jakku people. Gonna be a total hot mess of a battle.

NO SEASON PASS THANK YOU

I'm gonna assume they'll continue the "unlock everything" packs from Battlefront/Battlefield, but then also implement waves of costumes ala Overwatch. As long as the upgrades for classes/heroes/ships aren't too excessive, this is the perfect route to go.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Oh god I need this. I enjoyed Battlefront but this looks so much better. Seems like they have listened to complaints. Campaign looks really interesting. And i can play as Rey/Kylo???!? I don't often preorder but this is getting pre ordered.

Kid Heart

Boba and Jango aren't the same.
Abilities could be the same but Jango needs dual blaster pistols, boba uses a burst rifle.

I meant more in a, "if they are feeling lazy" kind of way, since I doubt most non hardcore fans would really notice. I hope not though :p

Also, I hope no season pass means any future dlc maps will be available for everyone. I don't think any other series besides Call of Duty or Battlefield can pull of paid map packs in this day and age well enough so that the player base isn't horribly splintered.

Top Bottom