• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? (in single player) Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

Please give me the option to play as a male so I don't have to roll my eyes when shes talking tough.
This could be a beautiful copy pasta.

To be honest I kind of hope the main character wasn't a woman because I kind of prefer the idea that the Empire didn't let women serve in positions of command, which is what I deducted from the OT and Rogue One.

In the OT we see Leia and Mon Mother serving in positions of leadership and women pilots but no women whatsoever in the Imperial military.

In Legends, the Empire was more misogynistic, they have done away with that in the newer iterations.

Deepwater

Pretty sure if Ventress would have been around she would have been a commander. Hell there are even female Inquisitors.

I get the point you're making but, #wellactually Sidious thought Ventress was getting too strong which is why he told Dooku to "get rid of her".

It says there will be missions where you play as a established characters but it sounds like the majority will be the female pilot.

Damn, that's a little disappointing to hear. I'd rather it just be her; don't like switching characters. Oh well, hopefully it's kept to a minimum like you say.

Eggbok

An alien? I doubt it.

He allowed her to command droid armies, I don't see how it would be a difference because they go from Trade Federation to Empire lol.

I get the point you're making but, #wellactually Sidious thought Ventress was getting too strong which is why he told Dooku to "get rid of her".

Fair point, but even still there are female Inquisitors would they not count? She's female and alien.

Fj0823

An alien? I doubt it.

latest

Imperial Top-Dog right there

Also:
Thrawn.png

Davide

He allowed her to command droid armies, I don't see how it would be a difference because they go from Trade Federation to Empire lol.
This doesn't make any sense. The Trade Federation led almost exclusively by aliens and set up to fail.

So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? (in single player) Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

Please give me the option to play as a male so I don't have to roll my eyes when shes talking tough.

This is a strange comment. What do you have against Michelle Rodriguez's appearance that it would make you condemn the design choices of a game you haven't played?

Eggbok

This doesn't make any sense. The Trade Federation led almost exclusively by aliens and set up to fail.

They answered to Sidious though? Sure they were basically set up to fail but Sidious had no problems allowing her to be in command? Not at first anyways before she would constantly fail.

Bog

Junior Ace
The idea of seeing the DSII blow up from the Imperial perspective should be such an amazing moment, but it's completely ruined by the dead eyed CG girl and her poorly voiced over "impossible!"

It takes you out of what should be the biggest moment in the history of the Empire, seeing as how it was likely assumed Vader and The Emperor were both on board. If that really happened, everyone would stop what they were doing and be in shock. She utters "impossible!" like a precocious child who just had a coin pulled out from behind her ear.

Member since 2014 that little amount of posts...lol

Dat alt

MrTexor

latest

Imperial Top-Dog right there

Also:
Thrawn.png

Just realized that every Inquisitor was an alien.

It really doesn't matter, the Federation was a propped up enemy and is no way indicative of what Palpatine would want for the Empire.

In the first or second chapter of the last Star Wars book (Thrawn/2017), they talk about racism. The imperials do not like non humans.. They also see those on the outer rims as inferior too.

Boke1879

Fuck yeah!!!! So they're just on the ground?!?

Either that or only specific classes can use them?

I know this doesn't need to be said, but I'm thinking out loud and just want somewhere to write my thoughts.

This reveal is clearly the first stage of the marketing. I'm loving all that I'm seeing. I'd assume around E3 at EA's event is when we'll get a gameplay reveal, and we'll get a bit more at Sony's conference.

So I'd assume around then and the beta we should know what we're getting. Just speculation on my part but I would NOT be shocked if they showed a trailer specifically highlighting The Clone Wars down the line.

I pray they are adopting the free content for all with paid cosmetics in boxes and such.

Oh no please not another game with fucking loot boxes.

Just let me buy my costume for 5 bucks and thats it.

Im sick and tired to play lottery with my money in games.

Fj0823

The overwatch route is the best route If you ask me

I know I would pay lootboxes like crazy to get this skin for my Clone Trooper

latest

TheXbox

I'm still waiting for a catch because this sounds too good to be true. All eras, all factions, single-player campaign, class-based multiplayer, space combat (handled by Criterion, no less), no season pass...

like... when's the other shoe gonna drop? Are they actually making a damn Battlefront game this time?

They answered to Sidious though? Sure they were basically set up to fail but Sidious had no problems allowing her to be in command? Not at first anyways before she would constantly fail.

Darth Sidious is a sociopath, he used whomever to help further his agenda. That doesn't mean that the Empire can't be anti-alien. It is quite common in real life governments, factions, militaries to put certain groups in power that they actively oppress.

Boke1879

Darth Sidious is a sociopath, he used whomever to help further his agenda. That doesn't mean that the Empire can't be anti-alien. It is quite common in real life governments, factions, militaries to put certain groups in power that they actively oppress.

Yup. They only answered to the Emperor and often operated outside of any Imperial regulations or rules.

Look at how pissed off Admiral Piett was when Vader enlisted the help of Bounty Hunters.

Oh no please not another game with fucking loot boxes.

Just let me buy my costume for 5 bucks and thats it.

Im sick and tired to play lottery with my money in games.

If it means that the playerbase won't be fractured by paid expansions and maps, so be it. Those who don't want microtransactions can live without them, and the whales (like me) will fund the development of maps for the rest of the playerbase.

Yarbskoo

I'm still waiting for a catch because this sounds too good to be true. All eras, all factions, single-player campaign, class-based multiplayer, space combat (handled by Criterion, no less), no season pass...

like... when's the other shoe gonna drop? Are they actually making a damn Battlefront game this time?

Well maybe it still plays like the first game.

S2580

Neo Member
I was watching Rogue One today and I thought it would be great for a Star Wars story told from the Eempires side. This trailer came out while I was watching the movie. So I am very interested in this game all of a sudden!

This will be the new "Sony just shot themselves in the foot"

Top Bottom