• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

JMZ555

Id rather they 100% focused on multiplayer content, gameplay depth etc than spend time/resources on developing a short campaign tacked on.

I must admit though after watching the panel, hearing about the book tie in etc i'm interested to see how good they can make it.

Of course i want a Jedi Knight Outcast game really :D

I skipped the battlefront after trying the beta so hopefully not being burned out on the game will help going into 2.

Id rather they 100% focused on multiplayer content, gameplay depth etc than spend time/resources on developing a short campaign tacked on.

I must admit though after watching the panel, hearing about the book tie in etc i'm interested to see how good they can make it.

I skipped the battlefront after trying the beta so hopefully not being burned out on the game will help going into 2.
A different dev is making the campaign. DICE is fully focused on the multiplayer.

antonz

They 100% focused on Multiplayer the last time and it was a disaster.

We went through this last time, it's not CG. Its actually the game. People ate crow hard when they didn't believe that the 2015 reveal trailer was actually the game.

Well CG or not I would need them to go far more in depth about how they plan on improving on the first game before I could ever get excited about another one of these games is what I should have said.

Boke1879

Eh not really. Gameplay itself was fine. People complained more so about content. This is a 2 year dev cycle and the game benefited from it in spades.

all the info we have sounds great, a SP campaign, class system, all eras etc.

JMZ555

Hopefully they have learned a lot.

My big hope vehicles work like battlefield. Hate pick up system. Want to see x-wing explode as a rebel climbs in etc..

Roufianos

I was at the panel.
They showed an additional video that was not streamed. Mostly behind the scenes stuff but did include some very brief and very early dev gameplay snippets and they were of the campaign being played in 3rd person.

That's great, thanks for sharing. There's such a lack of good TPS online shooters, it would have been a massive shame if it was removed.

Eh not really. Gameplay itself was fine. People complained more so about content. This is a 2 year dev cycle and the game benefited from it in spades.

all the info we have sounds great, a SP campaign, class system, all eras etc.
Plus all of the work they put in on the first game transfers over. The OT stormtroopers, rebels, and Endor environment in the trailer are exactly the same as the 2015 game.

opricnik

Banned
1492287785230.png

Same engine as Andromeda.

shows how great or bad some one is.

Effect

Looks pretty good. Has a single player, no season pass for dlc to split up player bases. Maybe the PC version will retain a player base this time around. I hope so as I'll be getting that one.

majik13

We went through this last time, it's not CG. Its actually the game. People ate crow hard when they didn't believe that the 2015 reveal trailer was actually the game.

still kinda same sentiment though, its still not actual gameplay, just cinematics that are also real time.

TeddyBoy

Darth Maul as a hero? Instant hyped already!

So playing on Kamino does that mean we get to play clone troopers? Kamino was present in Episode II?

I hope so! They'll probably have this battle from the Clone Wars.

PT=Obi-wan, Anakin(L), Yoda, Padme, Mace vs Maul, Dooku, Greivous, Anakin(D), Palpatine
OT= Han, Luke, Leia vs Boba, Vader, Palpatine
ST=Rey, Kylo

Expansion:
PT= Clone Wars -Rex(+ Variant skins), Ahsoka vs Asajj, Cad Bane
OT= Rebels - Sabine, Ezra(or Kanan) vs Thrawn, Inquisitor
ST= Fin, Poe vs Hux, Phasma

They'll probably cut down those heros from the PT down by half Razgriz, those DLC characters would be amazing but Rex, Asajj and Cad Bane just won't appeal to most :/

Dantooine

Banned
Looks pretty good. This is the game most players wanted the first time right? Personally I don't care about PT stuff so hopefully skins and heroes will be tied to eras. Great news about the lack of season pass, campaign and the RETURN OF CLASSES!

One thing I picked up on was one of the panel said they wanted the maps to feel alive. It's good to hear as maps in the first game are kind of dead. Particularly some of the dlc maps. Hopefully there will be lots of stuff going on with creatures etc.

Pizza

If Battlefront II is all the content from Battlefront 1+ DLC and then additional stuff from the prequels and postquels I'd be so happy with that.

I could see the dlc being two prequels, an additional TFA, and Last Jedi or something.

Save the rest of TLJ, Ep. 9, and some of the spinoff stuff to add in for 3.

It'd be great if a minimal amount of stuff gets left behind: Battlefront 1 is $20 and dropping, simply copy pasting as much as they can adds a ton to a sequel, especially since it's on the same engine in the same generarion of consoles.

Krennec would destroy Kid Greedo in a fistfight

Eggbok

Looks pretty good. This is the game most players wanted the first time right? Personally I don't care about PT stuff so hopefully skins and heroes will be tied to eras. Great news about the lack of season pass, campaign and the RETURN OF CLASSES!

One thing I picked up on was one of the panel said they wanted the maps to feel alive. It's good to hear as maps in the first game are kind of dead. Particularly some of the dlc maps. Hopefully there will be lots of stuff going on with creatures etc.

The Bespin maps were dead af.

djnewwest

Banned
So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? (in single player) Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

Please give me the option to play as a male so I don't have to roll my eyes when shes talking tough.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

Please give me the option to play as a male so I don't have to roll my eyes when shes talking tough.
What the hell

jesu

So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? (in single player) Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

holy shit

So Am I the only one who doesn't want to play as a girl? Let alone one that looks like Michelle Rodriguez?? No offence to anyone, but I have no interest in playing a girl. Hope I don't sound sexist, but I'm having a hard time accepting that the Empire would have a female human special forces commander. Unless she has force powers or is related to Jango Fett

The Empire's leader after Palpatine dies is a woman so it's not exactly an alien concept.

star-wars-aftermath-poster-2-grand-admiral-rae-sloane-229147-600x738.jpg

takriel

lol

Boke1879

I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to assume you intended this to be a joke.

FeD.nL

It really seems like AC > AC2 in terms of expanding on the content. Really looking forward to it, the story seems interesting, expansion of the mp seems great.

But really they had me when they showed the main character flies around on a Raider-class Corvette.

Please be a joke jesus

Oh my goodness.

Top Bottom