• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje

Ferguson or Gaethje?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I only followed him when he was champ. Never watched him when he lost to Serra or his early career

Total domination except................ he did lose to Hendriks. There is no way he scored more rounds than JH that night. JH won 3-2 or 3-1-1.

GSP killed Bisping.

Remember when GSP won that super close fight against Johnny Hendricks, most people had Hendricks winning (Hendricks probably won the fight), and Dana spend the first 15 minutes of the post fight presser trashing GSP for talking retirement and told everyone that GSP had gone to the hospital, then 4 minutes later GSP walked in the conference and it got awkward as fuck.

Pre-USADA Hendricks was pretty good

TrainedRage

Banned
I only followed him when he was champ. Never watched him when he lost to Serra or his early career

Total domination except................ he did lose to Hendriks. There is no way he scored more rounds than JH that night. JH won 3-2 or 3-1-1.

GSP killed Bisping.
I only caught the tail end of his career but dude was like a real life kung fu movie star/ the real kickboxer.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Remember when GSP won that super close fight against Johnny Hendricks, most people had Hendricks winning (Hendricks probably won the fight), and Dana spend the first 15 minutes of the post fight presser trashing GSP for talking retirement and told everyone that GSP had gone to the hospital, then 4 minutes later GSP walked in the conference and it got awkward as fuck.

Pre-USADA Hendricks was pretty good
JH had a weird career. He had that 2-3 year stretch where he was awesome. And ya, he did beat GSP that night.

Than overnight, it went downhill FAST. His MMA log shows he lost almost every fight after Lawler brawls.

pixelation

It's that weird cupping thing that athletes do

201907-Blog_Cupping_Hero.jpg

landscape-1470859042-1470662821-michael-phelps.jpg

I honestly don't know much about it
That shit hurts!

TrainedRage

Banned
I get UFC makes money off the crowd but I kinda like this more intimate, focused event.

Maybe one time a year hold a "warehouse" event where its like this but in a cool theatrical environment.

Last edited:
Ngannou wouldn’t be able to hit Conor.

Honestly, I think you'd be surprised. A bit part of Conor's game is using his weapon as a chin and eating a shot in order to land a bigger shot. In most of his fights that last longer than a round he gets hit, he just has a great chin. Of course he is faster than Francis but not to the point where Francis would only be hitting air, sooner or later I think Francis would land and it wouldn't be pretty for Conor

Dom is about to outclass Cejudo.

Ill shit my pants if that happens (in a good way, but still a messy way)

Last edited:
Dom's best walkout was when he came out to "How I Could Just Kill A Man" by Cypress Hill, wish he stuck with it over the years

edit

oh shit hes doing it!

I take back what I said, Dom wins now

(not really, but I love this walkout song for Dom. He crushed that guy the last time he came out to this following his first round of injuries years ago)

Last edited:
Top Bottom