• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya

Jan or Izzy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Came to post this.
LHfEafp.jpg

&
0kuLV5a.gif

lol definitely GOAT

Futaleufu

The comments in here are sooo much better than those stupid fucking tweets on the bottom left. They need to cut that shit out, at the very least during the fucking fights. Can't believe Dana greenlit that shit.
Dana greenlit the Trojan sponsorship despite using Condom Depot as the reason for taking advertisement off the trunks.

Futaleufu

Yea, Rogan and DC were fucking high during this fight. Jan outlanded him I believe in the first 2 rounds. They made it sound like Adesanya was ahead and he was not.

Even the production was showing Israel ahead in the number of "significant strikes". Totally unbiased.

I barely follow the sport now, but if the main event had ended with a robbery, after watching someone who milked a foul and a squatch match I would've stopped watching this pseudo sport.

Arkam

Yea, Rogan and DC were fucking high during this fight. Jan outlanded him I believe in the first 2 rounds. They made it sound like Adesanya was ahead and he was not.
100%. They were fawning over him like school girls. But they were right about falling for Izzy's feints. Probably spent 25% of his energy flinching on these.

SpiceRacz

Even the production was showing Israel ahead in the number of "significant strikes". Totally unbiased.

I barely follow the sport now, but if the main event had ended with a robbery, after watching someone who milked a foul and a squatch match I would've stopped watching this pseudo sport.

I believe Jan was ahead by at least 10 or 12 significant strikes after the 1st round, with most of Adesanya's significant strikes being leg kicks.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

100%. They were fawning over him like school girls. But they were right about falling for Izzy's feints. Probably spent 25% of his energy flinching on these.

IDK man. I've been seeing a lot of people online complain about the commentary lately and I think it's generally really good, but this was fucking bad tonight. Probably the first time I can remember in a long time being this bothered by it.

mekes

Agreed on commentary, I usually tune out of that whilst watching but I was hearing things I flat out wasn’t seeing in the main event.

Israel did not transition well to the higher weight class imo. I hardly think JB is the best thing since sliced bread, the belt could pass hands many times in the foreseeable but what I’m getting at in saying that, is Adesanya vs Jones is dead. Give me Jones in heavyweight and Adesanya in middleweight.

Lastly, oof.... Yan and Sterling. That fucking sucks for both and the UFC. Such a shame, sad all around.

GymWolf

Yan you moron, he was dominating sterling and then puf, you lose like that? sterling is not gonna talk shit for a while after such a "win", at least i'm not gonna hear is cringe ass anytime soon.

DC and rogan were painful to listen during the main event, the bias toward tittysanya was strong :lollipop_squinting: jan jabbed that face all night long and on the ground was total domination, deserved victory.

And now you know why skinny claw only tried the double champ-champ thing when jones moved out to HW, and people thought that jones was scared:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Letdown of the night, rakic vs santos, i watched funerals with more action that that.

Jan with the discipline, great job. Thought he'd run in & get countered. Still thought they'd give a draw (jk, but not really).

Yan unlucky. He was up 3-0 at that point, thought you had to have a hand down? What rules are they using, doesn't the ref go to fighters before & go through this shit.

Islam great win, top 10 next ufc. Askar needs to fight winner of Fig/Mor. Give baby Teixeira at #1 rank @LHW a shot. :)

Commentary crap as usual. Seems like hype men commentating.

Refereeing... The shit that happened at Kara Frances fight was a joke. It continues unfortunately.

Good to see Jan get the win, the commentators were all over Izzy's dick, if I only had sound I thought that was a blowout for Izzy.

That women's title fight was cringe af. Watching Megan Anderson was like watching CM Punk fight, that was seriously the best they could come up with to fight Amanda? Even the commentators were like omg she's not moving! When she was getting lit up. The women are lucky they get to piggyback off the guys unlike in other sports.

Also fuck that snake TJ for saying AJ was faking, where the fuck does he get the nerve to call out anyone for shady shit.

Last edited:

INC

Amanda should fight a dude next tbh, her form and weight behind her punches don't look female at all, cyborg was the only real contender that looked on her level physically

Anderson looked like an amateur next to Amanda.

Izzy fight was meh tbh, glad he lost, but he was sound in the post fight press conference, so I'll give him some props for that

manfestival

I had to watch the fights without sound. To me while I was watching I really felt it was too close to call for round 1, r2 jan, r3 is, r4r5 jan. I watched without sound. Had no influence from the commentators. Jan really seemed to land some nice stop punches. Early on and you could see the respect they had for each other.
Petr Yan situation was so meh. I had Yan winning up until that point. What a garbage end to what was a great fight.... until it wasn't great anymore.
Can't wait to see what they do with Islam. I wonder which fighters want to fight him.
Benavidez got dusted. Askar Askarov is a name to watch. CRAZY to think that he is half deaf.
Dominick Cruz while winning... seems to have fallen from grace. What does he have left? 1-2 more fights?

Side note: Cmon Dana, give us a fight with Khamzat Chimaev.

Top Bottom