• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya

Jan or Izzy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EuDf86yWQAg18K7

The card is a banger. Jan vs Ade will be a chess match. Jan is a nice guy whose path to Champion was made a little easier with Jones moving up. I think he could've beaten him. His fight IQ is lacking a little, he's made mistakes & learnt from some, but if your stupid or don't plan (& stick to it) with Adesanya it will be embarrassing.
Adesanya has boxing, kickboxing (80 fights) experience (purple belt in bjj) & mma so well rounded. He's smart as well, if you're a boxing fan you'll spot traps he sets up & if Jan isn't ready it's a KO. Ade for me, unless he can't handle the power, previous fight experience will mean his chin is good. Is it good enough...?

Nunez is a genius. Can't draw 20k for her ppvs & so magically finds her way onto banger cards to get a share of that sweet ppv. Scrap 135 & 145 & bring 105 in to replace both. Megan has a chance, I suppose.

Yan should win if he sticks to his usual style, first round to figure movements to fakes & find his distance. If Sterling goes after him early, he might submit Yan or at least tire him enough to make it competitive.

Islam should win, future Lightweight champ. Santos back, hope knee is OK.

Cruz is on prelims so won't be on commentary, nice. Some good stuff on the prelims. Benavidez with tough match, Askar to win I believe. Soz Megan.

No embedded yet, add them if they pop up, or I will if not. The best embedded is below.

We've lost some members (to bans), JareBear flew too close to the Sun, Cunth has gone Walkabout. Night.Ninja Night.Ninja I'm very surprised by the ban. I don't think it was deserved or requested. The criticism was constructive & his/her contribution is better than 90% of the folks on here (myself included).

Last edited:

GymWolf

Of fucking course the people who are gonna win are the opposite of what i cheer for.

so sterling, adegnagna and nunez winning.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The no crowd situation is still different even if the events are on TV long term I think we’ll reach a point where vaccinated crowds will exist and that’s when I’ll pay for my ticket we’ll see a winner in all these match ups, likely Nunez, Aldo, Adseyna winning.
Israel Adesanya Sport GIF by UFC

SpiceRacz

I'd like to know the stats behind fighters moving up a weight class and challenging for a belt. Both Jan and Izzy are ascending, but I don't think there's any question as to who's looked more impressive. This fight will likely stay on the feet and Izzy should win there. Stranger things have happened though and Jan hits hard as fuck.

GymWolf

Who do you think is gonna win in the rakic vs santos fight?

I think that if rakic can use those cannon leg kicks while staying away from the cannon punches from santos, he can get a tko.

the 2 leg kicks against smith are probably the most vicious i ever seen...i mean hear the fucking sound

Last edited:
Who do you think is gonna win in the rakic vs santos fight?

I think that if rakic can use those cannon leg kicks while staying away from the cannon punches from santos, he can get a tko.

the 2 leg kicks against smith are probably the most vicious i ever seen...i mean hear the fucking sound

It's been a while since we've seen Santos, if he's healed mentally & physically it'll be a great watch. Rooting for the hammer. If it stays close he wins.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It's been a while since we've seen Santos, if he's healed mentally & physically it'll be a great watch. Rooting for the hammer. If it stays close he wins.

I'm rooting for rakic for this one, so obviously santos is gonna kill him in the first 10 seconds...

I can only have one happy moment with the ufc every year and that was dustin beating the shit out of conor, from now on, only losses for my favourites :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

highrider

Banned
The Style Bender is legit, but if the Polish hammer connects clean a few times with anyone in that division it’s lights out, and he’s not a stick in the mud he has footwork and can fight.

manfestival

Oh baby this is one of the biggest cards in a long time. I think there was one other one like this between now and ufc 100. Anyways, fingers crossed and hoping covid doesn't ruin things. I mean they did put 15 fights in the event lol.

Time for my guessing:
Jan v izzy: I don't want to have to choose a winner here. It's not fair yall. If I had to bet then izzy. He has proven how methodical he is against monsters in his past few fights. Jan is no pushover and I wouldn't be surprised if he won.
Nunes v Anderson: why bother betting against nunes lol. Nunes
Yan v sterling: my fights of the night. Both fighters are awesome. I don't care who wins but if I had to guess. Sterling
Islam v drew: Islam M takes it. Interesred in this one for sure
Thiago v Aleksander: Aleksander

Cruz and Benavidez not being on the main card but definitely on standby for that covid protocol

Arkam

And it did.... fucking weak. Guy getting beat gets the belt wrapped around his waist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom