• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Care not much for the season, but at least my Fantasy side is going ok.

JE3OyiH.png

fisheyes

North have to be a premiership contender at this point. 7 wins puts them in the box seat for a top 4 finish, and North have proven themselves to be able to kick it up a notch in the finals, getting to the prelim from the bottom half of the eight the last two years. Finish top 4 and they're every chance of being in the grand final.

Hawthorn on current form are not premiership contenders, but I can guarantee they won't remain in this current form for long. They've managed 5 wins on pretty woeful form, they'll get Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell back in the second half of the year and hit their stride again.

Both are still premiership contenders in my book.

jambo

Good game yesterday by port. Only 32000 at the game but still a good atmosphere.

It was pissing down all day in Adelaide so it was always going to be a lower crowd.

Ended up being a great night though, could've gotten a much bigger crowd.

It was pissing down all day in Adelaide so it was always going to be a lower crowd.

Ended up being a great night though, could've gotten a much bigger crowd.
We went as GA but had two of our olds with us so they didn't want to risk any ongoing rain despite my assurances that the West was clearing and the bom showed nothing incoming for the next half hour.

bomma_man

Is it coming to regional areas at all? Iirc I don't have 7HD (or southern cross HD) yet.

Also, on the topic of FTA HD fuckery, has anyone notice that only the close up angles on Talking Footy are in HD, while the wide panel shot is still in blurry as fuck SD? Dynamic resolution! Obviously the channel 7 engine can't handle rendering tim's glasses and Wayne's ego in glorious 1080i without frames drops.

jambo

Resolution, clarity and overall coverage angles are elements Foxtel gets so right with sports (especially the footy).

Yeah, kinda crazy that they will both use 1080i, but Foxtel's h.264 just makes everything look so sharp and clear.

Is it coming to regional areas at all? Iirc I don't have 7HD (or southern cross HD) yet.

Apparently 7HD only launched today, so you might need to scan for channels again?

legend166

I was worried that when Seven launched their main HD channel we in Sydney would actually lose the HD broadcasts we've had for awhile (since the footy is in 7Mate here). So I'm glad to hear we'll still be getting it. Thanks Channel 7!

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday May 13th
Adelaide vs. Geelong @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday May 14th
Essendon vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn vs. Fremantle @ Aurora Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Gold Coast @ Spotless Stadium
Brisbane vs. Collingwood @ The Gabba
Richmond vs. Sydney @ The MCG

Sunday May 15th
Carlton vs. Port Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs @ The MCG
West Coast vs. St Kilda @ Domain Stadium

Round 8 Teams

KAP151

Can't wait for dat 1080i mpeg-2 aww yeah

At least its something. Total embarrassment that our national game was still broadcast in SD in 2016, at least on FTA anyway.

I hopefully can make out the tears of Adelaide supporters in HD when Danger kicks the winning goal on the siren =P

maladroid

Who was that idiot who completely ignored Buddy on the wing with less than two minutes to go?

Always enjoy seeing the other Big 4 clubs lose, but Richmond must be commended. Awesome effort after the form they've shown so far this season.

Who was it from Sydney who gave away that holding the ball about a minute prior? He cost them the game. I don't even care that I lost my tip on that one, it was a fantastic game and even better finish. My wife has one red eye and one white so she is devastated. Lol

Wow Sydney. Just watched the last two minutes on the AFL site and they should have iced that game. Instead of icing, they just booted it long time and time again. Well done to Lloyd for that kick after the siren.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Carlton look good. I think I wrote them off this year. I wouldn't have expected them to be this competitive, this early.

Update: Fantastic win.

I watching the last quarter on my phone in the carpark and losing my mind... 18 points up, Wingard running toward the goals with an empty paddock in front of him and whoever it was decided to give it off to someone else? Then Carlton bounce back and bring it to 12 instead of the 24 it could have been .. And then port shut down. Well deserved by Carlton but port threw it away in the last quarter. ;( ;/

And, yeah, my tipping is gone as well this week.

maladroid

Look up to the TV and remember why I hate Toby McLean.

Carlton look good. I think I wrote them off this year. I wouldn't have expected them to be this competitive, this early.

Update: Fantastic win.
I don't think many would have pegged us to win 4 in a season, let alone 4 in a row.

Malthouse was well past it by the time he departed Carlton. A lot of people (including Carlton 'supporters') thought we had no AFL-quality players on our list, but before that's even a concern, it was a matter of effort. Bolton's done wonders to get the boys to play for each other and to show a committed effort week in, week out.

The matches against Fremantle and Essendon were some of the most deplorable I've seen (from a skills perspective). We're well off from being a good team, but I'll be happy as long as those who get selected to play for Carlton continue to play for the jumper and for each other.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday May 20th
Hawthorn vs. Sydney @ The MCG

Saturday May 21st
Collingwood vs. Geelong @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. West Coast @ Adelaide Oval
North Melbourne vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs. Richmond @ Domain Stadium

Sunday May 22nd
Melbourne vs. Brisbane @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs @ Spotless Stadium
St Kilda vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium

Round 9 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Zzz. I knew this and next week were danger games.

I actually think we're playing alright, just getting well outplayed by Collingwood's ball movement and run.

seanoff

Zzz. I knew this and next week were danger games.

I actually think we're playing alright, just getting well outplayed by Collingwood's ball movement and run.

No you turned up disinterested and are getting your arse handed to you.

Soft, no effort, etc. you are delusional if you think you're playing anything better than shit

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
No you turned up disinterested and are getting your arse handed to you.

Soft, no effort, etc. you are delusional if you think you're playing anything better than shit

We probably have different criteria that we use to judge a terrible display and I feel you tend to see your own team more intimately than with others because you watch them more closely and understand how things tend to play out. I saw enough to suggest we could stem the bleeding with a few changes. I would agree we were complete garbage in the third because we constantly let ourselves down with poor decision making and poor effort too often but I saw differently in the first.

So proud of the Pies today. They finally showed what they are capable of but unfortunately it's too late for the season. Loving big Cox.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So proud of the Pies today. They finally showed what they are capable of but unfortunately it's too late for the season. Loving big Cox.

Collingwood stitched us up in the NAB as well and Cox had a top game there too. I don't understand where that promise from the side, between then and now, disappeared to.

Collingwood stitched us up in the NAB as well and Cox had a top game there too. I don't understand where that promise from the side, between then and now, disappeared to.

There were some injuries to important players but even still, it's been a very frustrating start to the year.
I tipped the Cats. :(

Rezbit

Haven't really watched much footy this year except for Swans games (don't get me started on last nights game), but seems like on their day any team can beat another (maybe not the bottom 3). Geelong looked really slow from the 10 mins I watched.

Haven't really watched much footy this year except for Swans games (don't get me started on last nights game), but seems like on their day any team can beat another (maybe not the bottom 3). Geelong looked really slow from the 10 mins I watched.

Yeah I don't think anyone can really be premiership favourites at this stage. I'm looking forward to when the Kangas play a decent team to see how they stand up.

bomma_man

Yeah I don't think anyone can really be premiership favourites at this stage. I'm looking forward to when the Kangas play a decent team to see how they stand up.

They're lucky that they've played a few 'easy' teams in a row cause thy don't look great right now. But that's the difference between the kangas of this year and every year since pagen - they're winning those games, no matter how ugly

tri_willy

HOLY SHIT AT THAT HIT BY JONAS TO GAFF!!!

You would get penalised for using a "rabbit punch" in boxing, but that was a fucking elbow at the back of the head! He's gone for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom