• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

I'm not salty - there was zero chance we were winning the flag this year with our injuries. North outplayed us and good on them. I'm just saying it's a somewhat misleading stat because usually the team that finishes 8th doesn't get there by resting players en masse in the final round of the season (which has worked well for North).

Obviously I'm disappointed with how our season finished - going out in straight sets sucks. But it wasn't that surprising. Franklin, Parker and Jack are three of our top five players. Losing Reid on top of that was the final nail in the coffin. Our list strategy relies on the the top echelon of our 22 being available, and when that doesn't happen we struggle. But even then, take Roughead, Mitchell, Lewis and Gunston out of the Hawks side and they'll struggle too.

That's not to say we won have won the flag is those guys were available, our form all year has been pretty average. But I think we would have accounted for North.

At the end of the day we were again able to get some good experience into young guys. We had four guys out there last night with <20 games experience who I think will have good, long career with us (Heeney, Jones, Rose and Towers).

Rezbit

Bit disappointing but not unexpected. Thought the Swans were definitely gettable with the injuries and just generally not playing inspired football this year. Might slide down the ladder next year, but might be a blessing in disguise to get some games into young guys.

jambo

Bit quiet in here, surprised no one was talking about the SHOCKING NEWS that Dangerfield is leaving Adelaide.

Also good to see Schulz re-sign for another year, he and Dixon will make a good pair up forward ;)

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Bit quiet in here, surprised no one was talking about the SHOCKING NEWS that Dangerfield is leaving Adelaide.

Also good to see Schulz re-sign for another year, he and Dixon will make a good pair up forward ;)

I'm waiting for Dangerfield to actually say what club/s he wants to play at. He's been heavily linked to Geelong but I'm still bracing for disappointment half expecting him to troll the Geelong community and say he wants to play at Hawthorn or somewhere similar.

There's still the drama around how we actually get him if he nominates Geelong as well. If Adelaide match what are we going to have give up to get him. 2 1st rounders + a player? I won't even be able to get excited until the papers are signed.

There has been a lot of interesting trade/list management news this year. A lot of potentially interesting moves and changes.

It'll be interesting to see if the Crows match the offer.

I'm a little peeved that Freeman wants out of the Pies without even playing a game. Must be purely about money, which I can't blame him, but geez he hasn't even played 1 game. I'll be happy if we can get Treloar and Aish though.

jambo

3cfPUPj.png

Friday September 25th
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn @ Domain Stadium [1st Preliminary Final]

Saturday September 26th
West Coast vs. North Melbourne @ Domain Stadium [2nd Preliminary Final]

Finals Week 3 Teams

legend166

Hoping for a West Coast VS Freo final just for the fun of it. I'm expecting a West Coast VS Hawthorn final. Freo didn't look convincing at all against us, and the Roos should the next week just how poorly we were going so I'm not sure how highly to rate Freo.

Not that I think that the Grand Final should leave the MCG, but a West Coast/Hawthorn final would show the inherent advantages Victorian teams have in the league. That's a pretty massive advantage.

1m9s in. Wow, what a start.

And Ballantine taking down Hale. He's no taller than Hale's shoulders lol I love that sneaky, sneaky little man.

jambo

Average umpiring, but Freo just keep fucking up.

Can't believe how many uncontested marks the Hawks keep getting.

EDIT: And done.

Well done Hawks. Threepeat is really on the cards here.

Ross Lyon really doesn't have enough to win a flag. Freo don't have the forward line but boy his style of coaching hasn't stood up in finals.

I only saw the first quarter and a bit on TV then had to go out in the car and only heard a small part of the third. Then I got back home with five minutes to go and what happen../?

Grassy

Great win by the Hawks. The umpires were terrible. Nice to see Wayne Fucking Carey reverse his stance on Sam Mitchell too. What a cockhead.

BunnyBear

Rubbish umpiring, those three whistled themselves out of a GF spot.

God I hate Hawthorn. But Freo have only themselves to blame, absolutely choked that last quarter when they had the momentum.

bomma_man

Terrible coaching display by Ross Lyon.

You're playing the team that history shows only loses when they don't take uncontested marks.

Plays a loose man back, letting the hawks back line set up and do what they want

Leaves Sam Mitchell all alone

What's the definition of insanity again?

AxeMan

Lyon's press conference was telling, 'you know what I mean'.

He understands that he needs to kick higher scores but he has no idea how to do it,

Yagharek

Subiaco crowds have a reputation for that. Really are some violent sociopathic types in wa football.

I believe a lot of it is fostered by the us and them parochialism which is way overdone here.

Typical, and it's not likely to change.

ABC are claiming Breust was assaulted by an inflatable toy in the third incident. To me it just looked like the 2 guys in the crowd put their hands up to protect themselves and maybe to stop the player falling over the fence and one just happened to be holding the "3". The clown afterwards abusing him however...

There needs to be consequences, ban the three most questionable fans for life and inform the club that if the behavior continues they can play their next home game in front of an empty stadium.

Rezbit

I'm waiting for any Swans supporters to rock up and offer congratulations. I reckon I'll be waiting a while

What a strange comment. Congrats on the win???

Also, very shithouse by the crowd last night. I know I'm probably harping on about it but my enjoyment of AFL really has plummeted this season with crowd behaviour, over-officiating and general standard of play. Poor, poor, poor.

Yagharek

Also, very shithouse by the crowd last night. I know I'm probably harping on about it but my enjoyment of AFL really has plummeted this season with crowd behaviour, over-officiating and general standard of play. Poor, poor, poor.

Hawks fans are not typically renowned for tact.

bomma_man

If this thread is any indication hawthorn fans have a really weird passive aggressive persecution complex.

legend166

For a side that's going to threepeat their fans have a huge chip on their shoulder.

Compared to Geelong fans during their period and it's night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom