• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2014 |OT| Haven't you Hird? Bomber's back!

Good match, Port should be way in front if they kicked more accurately in the first quarter.

Clearly i'm hoping Hawthorn hang on from here.

Far out that was a tense finish, yay Hawks!!!

Grassy

Well I was off by one point...what an intense finish....holy fuck.

Looking forward to the Grand Final next weekend, might end up going if I can snag a few tickets.

Would have loved to see Port in a grannie but I think they would have been destroyed by the Swans. I'm glad the Hawks got in because I think they are the only team that can take it up to the Swans next week.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What a shock it was in Round 18 when I realised Priddis was going to win. Don't think many would have given him a realistic chance of winning.
How proud must he be beating out so many more fancied players. Good on him for winning.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What a shock it was in Round 18 when I realised Priddis was going to win. Don't think many would have given him a realistic chance of winning.
How proud must he be beating out so many more fancied players. Good on him for winning.

glad he won it out right too, other wise fyfe would have been livid lol.

I really wanted Gablett to win :( he did so well.

Oxirane

VlEbFNj.gif

Stolen from BigFooty

I've read some comments online already saying "Ablett would have won it if he wasn't injured" and "Fyfe would have won it if he played those 4 games he was suspended". I wish people would just celebrate a fantastic no nonsense player that has used pure hard work to win the Brownlow. I love Priddis and I think this is well deserved.

droppedbear

Neo Member
Any thoughts on the game tomorrow? Anyone else lucky enough to get to go?
Hopefully it is up to the same caliber as last weeks game between Hawthorn and Port Adelaide.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Any thoughts on the game tomorrow? Anyone else lucky enough to get to go?
Hopefully it is up to the same caliber as last weeks game between Hawthorn and Port Adelaide.

heading into the city, might see a movie or go to the museum.

couldn't care less about these two teams :( 3 years in a row now i've had 0 interested. silly teams.

With everyone assuming Sydney will win comfortably, this really has a 2008 feel about it. Can the Hawks do it again? Should be a ripper game.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
With everyone assuming Sydney will win comfortably, this really has a 2008 feel about it. Can the Hawks do it again? Should be a ripper game.

I thought the Hawks were the only team who could challenge Sydney. Should be an interesting game if it can stay close.

Grassy

Pumped for the game, I'm probably the most nervous I've been before a Hawks Grand Final though. The Swans are going to be bloody hard to beat today.

It will be a phenomenal effort to win back-to-back...hope we can do it.

bomma_man

Well that was shit.

I don't think I saw a second of the game past half time, getting blind drunk was a lot more entertaining.

Westlo

I love how the media smirk @ Essendon being hard to trade with when Port finally stopped lowballing Essendon and finally offered pick 37 along with 17 for Ryder.

Also fuck his sob story, fair enough he wants to leave Essendon but to say it has to be this certain club (which was Brisbane until they decided Beams was who they wanted instead lol) which is in a premiership window and where he'll also get a payrise FOH.

Trade his ass to GWS or let him use that clause and enjoy playing for the Bulldogs or Melbourne.

EDIT - Imagine Essendon finishes last due to suspensions and picks up Boyd in the draft for nothing, would be worth it lol.

Westlo

holy shit @ the bulldogs....

Giving up Pick 6 and Griffin to GWS for Boyd who they are going to pay a million a season...

Some clubs need to smarten up and get ruthless in trades like the american codes. Griffin was always going to not be in their next premiership window. Trading him last year for Pick 1 would've let the bulldogs keep pick 6 this year and get boyd on a contract that would never get anywhere near 1 million.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit @ the bulldogs....

Giving up Pick 6 and Griffin to GWS for Boyd who they are going to pay a million a season...

Some clubs need to smarten up and get ruthless in trades like the american codes. Griffin was always going to not be in their next premiership window. Trading him last year for Pick 1 would've let the bulldogs keep pick 6 this year and get boyd on a contract that would never get anywhere near 1 million.

What in the hell. A million a year for a kid who is largely untested at AFL level. I get that he has big wraps going for him but that is way overs. I thought he wanted to come over anyway so I'm surprised they had to pay an amount as absurd.

Top Bottom