• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Football has been a business since the late 80s, like most professional sports around the world.

No more day jobs and then driving down from Bendigo for training nights.

This is a fantastic day, the sun is shining, birds are singing, Hawthorn are threepeat defending premiers and Essendon finally get done for being drug cheats.

jambo

So much for Ryder and Monfries this year =X

A good decision in the end.

CF13upp.png

Rezbit

12 months is a pretty huge penalty. Honestly thought it would all be suspended at this point because it has been so long. But if sports movies have told me anything it's that you can put together a team of misfits, including a fallen star who never hit his potential, then by the end you win the Super Bowl and get the girl.

AxeMan

What a great day. Made all the more better because Essendon, through the legal avenues, extended the pain. It could have been over a few months after it started if they fessed up and took it on the chin. But they had to continue to be arrogant.
I couldn't care less if the club went under.
And I also laugh at Hird's response to this

“I am shocked by this decision,” he said.

“I firmly believe the players do not deserve this finding.

“They do not deserve to face a twelve month suspension from the sport.

“This is a miscarriage of justice for 34 young men.

“I will not be making any further comment today. I intend to make further comment later in the week.”

Read the CAS statement Hird. They are of the opinion that the players were 100% complicant in the cover up
And now would be a good time for Watson to hand back the Brownlow; before it's stripped of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom