• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2013 |OT| See the Bombers Shoot Up, Up

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
He doesn't like Geelong.

Edit: Ouch, just noticed Hawks kicked 8 pts that last quarter.

more likely its ausgaf continuously labelling essendon of cheats when theyve not yet been found guilty by anyone of such things.

edit saw the previous page, ok yeh he madddd

You don't hope for injuries mate, not even in your most hated teams =/

This. You never hope for injuries.

Well done Hawks. Cats did well to hang in there but Hawks ran over the top of them in the end with their fitness and just didn't put it on the scoreboard enough. But they got the win and it was well deserved all year.

Umpiring wasn't terrible. Couple of interesting decisions but didn't ruin the game like they have in the past.

Everyone get on the Dockers to win next week now.

AxeMan

845214279fb7284.gif

Yagharek

Not sure why you're getting so fired up about this as a neutral Vince. You have a couple bucks on the Hawkers?

No, I have no love for Hawthorn. I dont bet. Just sick and tired of Geelong cheating and exploiting and bullying umpires into wrong decisions year after tear after year. And also sick of umpires making dumb calls like rioli and the out of bounds call in the last minute of the third term. Everything goes their way.

The only pleasure I get from this sport now is seeing cheats lose. Hopefully Sydney go down today.

I'm happy with the umpires call when they actually didn't know who kicked it. It's easy to see with the replay but not in real time.

It was Hawthorn's own fault they let a goal in from that stoppage.

The Rioli decision was just silly for mine. It was obvious he wasn't playing on and there was no advantage. Just call it back you fools.

Yagharek

Love seeing Ballantyne go in hard too. Thats how you bump without getting reported. Take note, Richards, Chapman and Buddy.

Dockers are the second best team for the year for mine and it's no surprise the display they are putting on tonight.

Hawks haven't won the flag yet.

Yagharek

If Fremantle keep this up, they will go in next week full of beans. Hawthorn will struggle to win - or rather, will be rightly worried, but should be a cracker.

AxeMan

Sydney have just run out of gas.

They were also a touch below the other top 4 teams quality wise.

No way am I confident next week. Freo are a big chance. I can see them getting up in a close one or a comfortable Hawks win.

On a side note - got my tickets for next week!

Yagharek

Hawthorn are a class side. Fremantle are too. Both deserve it, but I prefer the team who hasn't won one yet. Clarkson and Lyon are both the best coaches in the league as how they handle themselves goes.

Lol at Sydney complaining about headhunters though with Paul Roos. Sydney: your president is a muppet.

AxeMan

Agreed.

Sydney shouldn't be complaining about anything. Get a load of advantages already and the players in the academy owe no allegiance to the Swans

Fremantle may have backed up well on Geelong's home turf, but the MCG is a different kettle of fish. Their game plan will not stand up at the MCG against the Hawks.

Yagharek

Subiaco is a bigger ground than the mcg isn't it? I would assume both teams will be capable there.

Agreed.

Sydney shouldn't be complaining about anything. Get a load of advantages already and the players in the academy owe no allegiance to the Swans

Precisely.

AxeMan

Yep.

No club is safe. That's why it's important that all clubs compete on a level footing. No extra to pay players.

AxeMan

I don't mind FA to be honest.

The AFL were forced into it I believe. They didn't want it but they also didn't want the AFLPA taking them to court about it.
I suspect if that happened then the draft would definitely have to go and maybe the salary cap.

I think the AFL have done the minimal amount of FA that they could have. All clubs will win some and lose some, but that can only come about if all clubs have the same total player payments.
All clubs need to have the same limit on total spend for players.

Yagharek

Look at all the teams that have been big recipients of it. Sydney, Brisbane and the two new teams. Port, Fremantle, Adelaide and WC got nothing in comparison.

AxeMan

No compensation.
If all clubs get no compensation for losing a player to FA then it's fair.

Once the AFL arbitrary decides who is worth more based on contracts and if that club brings in other players or not is stupid.

Using my club for an example.

It's rumoured that if we lose Franklin to FA we'll get about pick 20. If we pick up Thomas due to FA then we won't have any compensation at all.
AFL's reasoning is that we've been compensated.
Well, it can be argued that we haven't been fully compensated or over compensated.

I'd say remove the doubt and arguing either way and just have no compensation and then there can be no complaints

Top Bottom