• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday July 7th
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval

Friday July 8th
Geelong vs. Sydney @ Simonds Stadium

Saturday July 9th
Greater Western Sydney vs. Collingwood @ Spotless Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Fremantle @ TIO Stadium

Sunday July 10th
Carlton vs. Adelaide @ The MCG
West Coast vs. North Melbourne @ Domain Stadium
Essendon vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium

Round 16 Teams

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday July 14th
Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ The SCG

Friday July 15th
Fremantle vs. Geelong @ Domain Stadium

Saturday July 16th
Richmond vs. Essendon @ The MCG
North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Gold Coast @ Cazaly's Stadium
Adelaide vs. Collingwood @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday July 17th
Carlton vs. West Coast @ The MCG
St Kilda vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Brisbane vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The Gabba

Round 17 Teams

bomma_man

I really hope the top eight remains stupidly close. It could finally be the year that someone from outside the top four actually has a shot.

Rezbit

Might be a salty fan, but I am officially OUT of AFL. The umpiring is just not at a standard that is acceptable to the quality of play. I derive no enjoyment out of watching my team or neutral games.

bomma_man

For all the afl's efforts to equalise the game, it is highly likely that there'll be 7 different premiers in fifteen years, which is only two more than the famously stratified English Premier League.

Might be a salty fan, but I am officially OUT of AFL. The umpiring is just not at a standard that is acceptable to the quality of play. I derive no enjoyment out of watching my team or neutral games.
I know it's become a maymay to award Hawthorn free kicks for anything and everything but I agree that there were some questionable ones tonight. Sydney could've still done more to keep the lead but the umpiring is pretty average.

I don't know why Buddy was essentially left out of the game either. :/

edit: Longmire says Sydney were undisciplined but then mentions the 3-13 free kick discrepancy about four times without specifically saying the words we're all thinking.

maladroid

Gotten a bit quiet in here lately =[
Carlton are putrid. Bit of a dead cat bounce earlier in the season, but when your youth have hit a wall of fatigue (Cripps/Weitering), out with glandular fever/crook back/hip/wrists, or just not good enough, it sorta saps the enthusiasm. Still, I'll be at the game on Sunday.

edit: That Burgoyne goal was clutch. Second 50 I saw was there, but the one before that was pretty momentum sapping for the Swans.

fisheyes

I could live with Hawks getting a ridiculously soft treatment from the umpires / MRP / etc if fucking Bruce wasn't ejaculating every game they were in. The man needs to retire. Cyril and Hodge are both heavily over-represented and it means I can't stand Hawthorn.

I didn't see the whole game so I won't comment on umpires, but another close loss for the Swans. They used to be fantastic at icing games but with this game and the Dogs game, it's a bit of an issue.

_Clash_

I didn't see the whole game so I won't comment on umpires, but another close loss for the Swans. They used to be fantastic at icing games but with this game and the Dogs game, it's a bit of an issue.

Swans are a young list. Media seems not to have noticed yet.

Close losses will galvanise that list and they're trending upwards for the next few years.

fisheyes

Can we swap it so that Bruce retires and Cometti stays?

=[

Cometti isn't as good as he used to be but he's still lightyears ahead of everyone else on 7, and most other AFL commentators in general. I'd definitely make that trade, in fact I'd happily throw in pretty much anyone from the Channel 7 team as steak knives to get it done.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday July 21st
Collingwood vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 22nd
Sydney vs. Carlton @ The SCG
Gold Coast vs. Fremantle @ Metricon Stadium
West Coast vs. Melbourne @ Domain Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs. Adelaide @ Simonds Stadium

Sunday July 23rd
Essendon vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn vs. Richmond @ The MCG
Port Adelaide vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Adelaide Oval

Round 18 Teams

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday July 29th
Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs @ SimondsStadium

Saturday July 30th
Greater Western Sydney vs. Richmond @ StarTrack Oval
Hawthorn vs. Carlton @ Aurora Stadium
Collingwood vs. West Coast @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. Port Adelaide @ The Gabba
North Melbourne vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday July 31st
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Sydney @ Domain Stadium
Adelaide vs. Essendon @ Adelaide Oval

Round 19 Teams

Don't think Tiges have any hope of finals now but hopefully put in a better showing than last week!

Also the little tacker is ready for under 8s now for Auskick as he just turned 7 and had his last week of Auskick too. It's cool to see him in the AFL team hype and bring on next season for him.

Westlo

Looking forward to the usual tossers saying Essendon are hard to deal with when they say no to the Dogs offer of pick 12-16 for Hurley. If they gave up pick 12-16 this year and 15-18 next year (With natural improvement + hurley + prob less injuries than this year, they're a lock for top4) for Hurley that would be massive unders.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 5th
Richmond vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Saturday August 6th
Sydney vs. Port Adelaide @ The SCG
Melbourne vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday August 7th
Carlton vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
Geelong vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs. West Caost @ Domain Stadium

Round 20 Teams

KAP151

Quite possibly the worst hangover ive ever had.

But its worth it beating the Hawks. God damn my team played well today.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 12th
Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday August 13th
Brisbane vs. Carlton @ The Gabba
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. West Coast @ Spotless Stadium
St Kilda vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday August 14th
Essendon vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. Geelong @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Adelaide @ Domain Stadium

Round 21 Teams

Westlo

Hurley re-signs.

Our team next year won't be too bad really.

FB: Baguley, Hartley, Francis,
HB: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hurley, Gleeson
C: Stanton, Myers, Colyer
HF: Watson, Daniher, Zaharakis
FF: Laverde, Hooker, Fantasia
R: Leuenberger, Z Merrett, Heppell

I/C: Brown, Hocking, Parish, Goddard

Depth - Bellchamers, Langford, Pick 1 (McLuggage or Brodie), Ambrose, Dea, McKenna, J Merret, Howlett.

Expecting Hibberd to go to Melbourne for their 2nd rounder, wouldn't be surprised if Howlett goes to a W.A team for a 4th or 5th rounder as well.

Imagine if Richmond fucks up their negations for Prestia (pick 6, it's pretty simple tigers) with Gold Coast and he walks to the draft....

Port Adelaide fan caught throwing a banana at an indigenous player.

Fucking disgusting. The main reason why I don't go to the footy these days, feels so awkward. I was called a terrorist behind my back last time I was at Adelaide Oval.

Liverpool supporters did this to John Barnes when he debuted for the reds.

Barnes debuted for Liverpool in 1987, it was unacceptable behaviour then, you'd think people would know its unacceptable behaviour by now.

To put it into perspective - 1987 was closer to when segregation was still legal in the US, than it is to today.

FYI, there have been way more recent incidents of banana throwin that have occurred in football (Samuel Eto in Spain and Ballotelli in Italy) - if that was the angle you were getting at.

Dryk

Port Adelaide fan caught throwing a banana at an indigenous player.
At least two Port supporters on my Facebook feed made a long post about how she doesn't represent them. But then at the end say that it's not racist.

Yeah fuck off. It was clearly racist even before she called him a monkey afterwards.

AxeMan

Bought myself a new footy. Love that leather smell but it was 160 clams - whats up with that!
Sherrin getting a good cut I hope

Yagharek

At least two Port supporters on my Facebook feed made a long post about how she doesn't represent them. But then at the end say that it's not racist.

Yeah fuck off. It was clearly racist even before she called him a monkey afterwards.

Probably the same lame arguments people in WA made a year ago.

Subiaco is 50% racist. Minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom