• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomma_man

Sydney will be raging favourites.... but I guess so were west coast, Hawthorn and GWS.

Dogs are in the VFL grannie tomorrow too. Come good at the right time tell you what.

DeSo

Banned
Brother's a die hard doggies fan, he's over the moon.

I really hope they give it a good crack next week, has been a long time between drinks.

seanoff

That was some game.

Notes
Jeremy Cameron was totally invisible and lippy with it. He should try concentratin on the game

Ward was no hope next week.

Johnson may have cost them a place in the GF, Palmer was horrible

Got to wonder if the dogs will be able to get up for next week.

ajim

As a Hawks fan, i wasn't even that disappointed when the doggies beat us. But now I want them to go all the way.

Go you good thing!! Woof!!

As a Hawks fan, i wasn't even that disappointed when the doggies beat us. But now I want them to go all the way.

Go you good thing!! Woof!!

As a Hawthorn supporter I want the Swans to win and that's unheard of because

1) Supposed to support the Vic team against the interstate side
2) COLA and Buddy

I'm throwing my support behind the Swans because I think a Swans victory would be better entertainment. After the huge love in for the Dogs last night, if (and its likely to happen) they lose it's going to be hilarious seeing the tears - getting so close yet being so far away.

Rezbit

Anyone have experience getting tickets to the GF if you're not in a ballot etc? Guessing gumtree or something but really don't wanna get screwed.

Fantastic FDotM.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/30/we-won-a-roar-like-i-have-never-heard-the-bulldogs-are-going-to-the-grand-final

1129.jpg

jambo

I wonder how the AFL will handle the winners then.

I think Trent Cotchin and Sam Mitchell should be given it, would be just like any other player being ineligible and polling more votes.

legend166

The AFLs attempt to turn the draft into some big thing is always pretty funny. 99% of people have no idea who these kids are.

Yagharek

Looks like four years of harassment from the media and commentariat, AFL and club corruption, a multitude of legal processes and Melbourne lockout have taken their toll.

Hopefully he recovers and gets the help he needs and the others take a look at themselves, show some empathy, and let it go.

legend166

Looks like four years of harassment from the media and commentariat, AFL and club corruption, a multitude of legal processes and Melbourne lockout have taken their toll.

Hopefully he recovers and gets the help he needs and the others take a look at themselves, show some empathy, and let it go.

I mean, I do think it's sad, but let's not kid ourselves - he got himself into this situation pretty much every step of the way.

Yagharek

I mean, I do think it's sad, but let's not kid ourselves - he got himself into this situation pretty much every step of the way.

He didnt write the articles, put his name on the blacklist and harass himself though, did he? You saw what impact the booing had on Goodes. Try and have a bit of empathy for someone receiving pure vitriol every day for the last four years with no respite, losing his job, his business, his work options and his reputation. You don't need to agree with what he did or didnt do.

maladroid

Are you seriously comparing a player who has no control over the colour of his skin to a coach who instituted a systematic doping regime at his club?

You wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone, but don't act like the articles, blacklists and harassment came out of thin air.

Yagharek

Are you seriously comparing a player who has no control over the colour of his skin to a coach who instituted a systematic doping regime at his club?

You wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone, but don't act like the articles, blacklists and harassment came out of thin air.

Don't misrepresent my argument for cheap point scoring. It's disingenuous and disgusting.

Goodes was criticised needlessly and suffered. Hird was criticised relentlessly and suffered. Different backgrounds, different contexts but they are both only human. Every person has a limit. If you can't see that then shame on you.

maladroid

Don't misrepresent my argument for cheap point scoring. It's disingenuous and disgusting.

Goodes was criticised needlessly and suffered. Hird was criticised relentlessly and suffered. Different backgrounds, different contexts but they are both only human. Every person has a limit. If you can't see that then shame on you.
Mate your argument is disingenuous and disgusting on its own.

What he was involved with was newsworthy and deserved to be written about. What he was involved with was reckless, and deserved to be purged from this game. You removing that context is the very definition of disingenuous.

You're gonna call me out for point scoring and talk about relentless harassment when you've come in here, after nobody in this thread has mentioned him in over 8 months, to elicit some sort of guilt trip? Come off it.

I have a sympathy for Hird and his family. To go through this would be stressful enough, let alone in the public eye. What I have absolutely no respect for are the disgusting arguments you've put forth in this thread.

There's no point in trying to convince you of that, but I'm not gonna stand for being called a point scorer because of your one-eyed delusion.

Yagharek

Bullshit.You deliberately misinterpreted a post to bypass the point, and now feign offense as if I were accusing anyone in this thread of being responsible.

If you're unable to discuss the impact in isolation from the context, then that's on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom