• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2014 |OT| Haven't you Hird? Bomber's back!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Thought Essendon had 'em. They wasted too many of those late shots on goals after working so hard to get the chances. Also letting Richmond get the weakest of goals didn't help.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday August 8th
Richmond vs. Essendon @ The MCG

Saturday August 9th
Greater Western Sydney vs. North Melbourne @ StarTrack Oval
Carlton vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn vs. Melbourne @ The MCG
Geelong vs. Fremantle @ Simonds Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Sydney @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday August 10th
Brisbane vs. Adelaide @ The Gabba
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Collingwood @ Patersons Stadium

Round 20 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So much for Brisbane having a chance. Adelaide is killing it.

Edit: Fantastic game from Adelaide. Ended up a massacre.

Edit 2: Looks like we may be close to knowing the Footy Tips champ. 3 tips in front with only 3 rounds to go.

My tipping has gone the way of the Pies' season. Promising early and then absolutely disgusting over the last few months. No back to back for me this year.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of big names retiring already this year, wonder how many are still to follow.

Adelaide
Ben Rutten (ret)

Brisbane Lions
Jonathan Brown (ret)
Brent Moloney (ret)

Carlton
Josh Bootsma (del)
Nick Duigan (ret)
Heath Scotland (ret)

Collingwood
Nick Maxwell (ret)

Essendon
Jason Winderlich (ret)

Gold Coast
Nathan Bock (ret)
Tom Murphy (ret)

Melbourne
Mitch Clark (ret)
Shannon Byrnes (ret)

Port Adelaide
Dom Cassisi (ret)

Richmond
Jake King (ret)

St Kilda
Lenny Hayes (ret)
Beau Maister (ret)

Sydney Swans
Lewis Roberts-Thomson (ret)

West Coast Eagles
Dean Cox (ret)
Darren Glass (ret)

Western Bulldogs
Tom Williams (ret)

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm risking picking a couple of roughies this week. Who knows how it'll play out but I'm either going to close the margin between me and first or plummet down the ladder over the last 3 rounds.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday August 15th
Carlton vs. Geelong @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday August 16th
Sydney vs. St Kilda @ Sydney Cricket Ground
Gold Coast vs. Port Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium
Essendon vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Collingwood vs. Brisbane @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday August 17th
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn @ Patersons Stadium

Round 21 Teams

One minute I think Freo are gone for the year. Next minute, they beat who I think are the favourites. This year is doing my head in.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday August 22nd
Port Adelaide vs. Carlton @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday August 23rd
North Melbourne vs. Adelaide @ Blundstone Arena
Essendon vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Collingwood @ GIANTS Stadium
West Coast vs. Melbourne @ Patersons Stadium
Hawthorn vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Sunday August 24th
Brisbane vs. Fremantle @ The Gabba
Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. St Kilda @ The MCG

Round 22 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty poor game from us. Really weak effort in the last half. Knew the Hawks weren't out of it despite some calling it game over at half time but I didn't expect us to roll over as badly as we did.

Edit: I need to steer clear from BigFooty too I think. It's like nobody actually enjoys football anymore they just whine the whole time and try to make up stupid shit to one up each other. Enduring that was worse than the loss.

Thought Hawthorn were stuffed at half time, pleased to see Geelong fell asleep. I hope they fall asleep again during the qualifying final.

AxeMan

I don't think the teams are placing taking too much from that game to be honest.
We both knew that we'd be playing each other in week 1 of finals so intensity was way down and the finals game will play nothing like that game

Seeing the looks on the Hawthorn players during that last quarter and their reactions to every goal, it meant a lot to them to win that game.

jambo

Ankh got 9/9 tips this round, so well done.

Thinking of doing a prize for the winner of the comp, maybe a Steam Wallet Voucher? Also PSN wallet or XBLive cash?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ankh got 9/9 tips this round, so well done.

Thinking of doing a prize for the winner of the comp, maybe a Steam Wallet Voucher? Also PSN wallet or XBLive cash?

Yeah well done to AnkhWeasel. First 9 of the year?

I was thinking of just sending them money like I did last year. Not sure who it is though.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday August 22nd
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Saturday August 23rd
Carlton vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide @ Patersons Stadium
Sydney vs. Richmond @ [iANZS Stadium[/i]
Geelong vs. Brisbane @ Simonds Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday August 24th
Gold Coast vs. West Coast @ Metricon Stadium
Adelaide vs. St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval
Western Bulldogs vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Round 23 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Here's something one or two people may find mildly interesting.

I heard that Collingwood, tonight, had ended their 8 year finals appearance streak, so I was curious how other teams had fared and ended up making a spreadsheet to look at some data I was interested in. (I find it kind of funny that I ran out of time and left out the finals appearance streak, half the reason for doing this.)

All it does is basically takes the end of season ladders from 2000 to current, sums the positions of each team and shows the average, all to find which teams have been higher up the ladder for longer.
I also attempted to add a value to the positions after finals but I couldn't be bothered adding it to the season ladder so the finals is a separate table.

The second sheet again takes the ladders from 2000 to 2013 but takes the complete stats as well. Wins, losses, percentage etc.
All I did was sort Wins, Losses, For and Against along with the percentage across those years.

It really just gives some idea how your team has gone over the past 14 years. Could be worth a look if you're semi interested in analysing stats in Footy.

I'm fairly new to excel so don't expect anything easy on the eyes or well designed. :p

Google Docs Link

jambo

If only we had a few more minutes =[

Amazing by Schulzy, 6 goal bag!

EDIT: TURN YOUR TVS ON OH MY GOD RICHMOND

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff from Richmond being able to fight for the win. I knew leading up to the last few weeks if the Tigers wanted it bad enough they could trouble Sydney and that's what they did. Well done to 'em.

Edit: Poor bastard, getting knocked out copping a footy to the head.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Is that the end of the tipping comp or is finals included? Pretty sure last year it was till the end of the home and away season.

That's a disgusting decision. How the hell doesn't the home team at least get to choose? Especially in a final. AFL with another joke decision.

Bloody AFL. Make Richmond, the visitors, wear their away strip. If you're going to have away strips, use them.

I still prefer the days of having no away strips personally.

Top Bottom