• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday July 17th
North Melbourne vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 18th
Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs @ Simonds Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Metricon Stadium
Collingwood vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ ANZ Stadium
Fremantle vs. Carlton @ Domain Stadium

Sunday July 19th
Melbourne vs. Brisbane @ The MCG
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval
St Kilda vs. Richmond @ Etihad Stadium

Round 16 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I had trouble picturing Geelong winning this game but changed to them anyway. Hopefully it's not a mistake.

Game: That was awful. It makes me worried for the future if that is the best we can muster. Happy that Caddy has started to step up.

Was at the Bombers v Roos game last night. Pretty average game to watch. The skills were just so terrible and neither team really deserved to win.

legend166

I think this has been one of the worst seasons game quality wise I can remember. Seriously we're 11-3 and we've played well below par pretty much all season.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I think this has been one of the worst seasons game quality wise I can remember. Seriously we're 11-3 and we've played well below par pretty much all season.

Judging their fixture, Sydney haven't played too many tough games (on paper). Obviously it's oversimplifying each game a bit but looking at things how they currently stand you've played 9 games against teams in the bottom eight.
I think a part of the problem is, the teams who should have been able to really challenge those top 3-4 sides haven't performed at all this year. There aren't enough teams who have been good enough, consistently enough to have replaced them.

Kaze Kyou

No, it would be awesome. This current Hawthorn side is one of the greatest ever, I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I was in Primary School when the Hawks almost became the "Melbourne Dorks", as my homeroom teacher used to tease us with. For them to go from almost being bankrupt to where they are now - I sure would like to see that teacher again and let him have it!

I would love for us to win again and win pretty. When Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Gibson and the other 30ers retire, it's gonna get real bumpy so might as well soak in all the glory now.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Changed my tip to Brisbane... I think they could be good enough to win but who knows which side is going to show up.

I was in Primary School when the Hawks almost became the "Melbourne Dorks", as my homeroom teacher used to tease us with. For them to go from almost being bankrupt to where they are now - I sure would like to see that teacher again and let him have it!

I would love for us to win again and win pretty. When Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Gibson and the other 30ers retire, it's gonna get real bumpy so might as well soak in all the glory now.

As long as you don't lose your accountant and list manager, you'll be right

Grassy

Exactly. To think ~20 years ago we could have become the Melbourne Hawks...holy shit

melbourne-hawks-1kss93.gif

I wouldn't call the possibility of a team in this day and age winning 3 straight flags as "boring". It's an amazing effort.
I admired Brisbane when they won 3 in a row. Sure, footy isn't as fun when you're team is going through shitty times, but you have to admire the great teams.

Dryk

I was at home with my 3 week old son and his vomit mega poop combo!
Good.

I only saw the last few minutes but from what I saw and what I've read it was a really good game. Nobody should be booing, especially under the circumstances.

Good.

I only saw the last few minutes but from what I saw and what I've read it was a really good game. Nobody should be booing, especially under the circumstances.
Icouldn't understand why there was booing. I assumed it was "because umpires" but like you say given the circumstances uncalled for. Having said that, they need to give the Walsh stuff a rest now and let things start to move on. It starting to drag on a bit now.

Also, I was at my brothers place and he doesn't have free to air or foxtel so we spent 20 minutes trying to get the afl website to honor a free two week trial and then when the verification kept failing we resorted to an online stream of the game.

It was easier to do that than actually pay the afl to watch the game. We missed key moments in the last quarter as the original stream buggered up and then when the next one started up the was 9 points left and I started tearing my hair out again.

Dryk

Icouldn't understand why there was booing. I assumed it was "because umpires" but like you say given the circumstances uncalled for. Having said that, they need to give the Walsh stuff a rest now and let things start to move on. It starting to drag on a bit now.
Honestly if anything they should let it rest now because that was the perfect ending to the three weeks of tributes

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday July 24th
Carlton vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 25th
Grester Western Sydney vs. Geelong @ StarTrack Oval
Adelaide vs. Gold Coast @ Adelaide Oval
Richmond vs. Fremantle @ The MCG
Essendon vs. Port Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
Brisbane vs. North Melhourne @ The Gabba

Sunday July 26th
Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Sydney @ Domain Stadium

Round 17 Teams

Grassy

Holy shit, I just realised I tipped Carlton by 76 points. I must have changed the margin but then forgot to change the actual tip to the Hawks.
My margin score is going to blow out by over 200 points...lol.

I only tipped them by 50 lol Why are Carlton still a team? I mean, I get it they're old and all with a lot of history but seriously get it together Tyrone.

Carey doesn't think Sam Mitchell would get a game at any of the other clubs. Nice one Duck.

ridiculous thing to say, kept digging his hole bigger and bigger as the night went on too.

how you going to say mitchell wouldnt get a game at another club and later on state he is the smartest football brain in the comp. baffling.

oipic

ridiculous thing to say, kept digging his hole bigger and bigger as the night went on too.

how you going to say mitchell wouldnt get a game at another club and later on state he is the smartest football brain in the comp. baffling.

It was embarrassing. It was said last night that Carey was doing to his special comments career what he once did to his vice captain's wife...

The cult of personality in football media is a doing no-one any favours - there's a lot of points made simply to rouse discussion about the discussion, and about those making the comments (just like this). AFL media is incestuous and cancerous, and I reckon I could count those I respect on one hand with fingers to spare.

Grassy

Carey doesn't think Sam Mitchell would get a game at any of the other clubs. Nice one Duck.

Clarkson's response in that it's not really worth responding to, said it all.

It's just an idiotic comment about a player who's ranked equal 2nd in the league(with Jordan Lewis), averaging 30.5 possessions a game this year. Players like him will get the ball no matter what club they play for.

I think I said it once before, that was bad even for Carlton. Now last night was bad for even the baddest Carlton. They really need to clear out how they recruit as that has been their weakness for many, many years. Poor Daisy, come back to the Golden land. :(

The cult of personality in football media is a doing no-one any favours - there's a lot of points made simply to rouse discussion about the discussion, and about those making the comments (just like this). AFL media is incestuous and cancerous, and I reckon I could count those I respect on one hand with fingers to spare.

agree 100% and the problem is even more telling when these media start influencing match review panel, rules committee etc.

mark robinson, patrick smith & kevin bartlett have really pissed me off this year in particular.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
We're dominating this game so far. Thought GWS would have had more run and carry and would have troubled us with their speedy ball movement. We'll win this easily if it continues like this.

Edit: Poor Ablett. Sounds like he has a medial injury (knee) and could be out for 3-4+ weeks.

Edit 2: The tipping comp just got a lot closer. Thought I had sound reasoning behind all the tips I dropped but they just didn't eventuate. The Melbourne tip was clearly a mistake. Went back and forth between them and Saints trying to find the right choice...
It blows my mind that Collingwood are now under us on the ladder. They've been one of the better sides this year imo but I suppose their tough run has skewed things a bit.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm heading towards 9/9

Also, what the hell has happened to Sydney?!

A few key outs and the ladder starting to take shape is my guess. They've potentially been soundly beaten by two of the top sides in the comp maybe there's a bigger gap between them than we thought.

And if you get it, grats on the whopper.

AxeMan

Apart from their midfield, which is probably the best when firing, and Buddy the rest of their team is not much chop.
They still have the potential to pull some good football out but they are definitely on the slide down

I'd love Heeney at the Hawks, especially now that Shiel decided to stay at GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom