• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Which one? The throw was a legitimate call.

Just before that. Around 1 min left. Maybe it was right but that touched mark seemed absurd the way they handled it. The guy was lining up for a shot on goal then the ump called for a ball up, just seemed ridiculous. I may have missed the play on call.

oipic

Just before that. Around 1 min left. Maybe it was right but that touched mark seemed absurd the way they handled it. The guy was lining up for a shot on goal then the ump called for a ball up, just seemed ridiculous. I may have missed the play on call.

The touched call was made immediately, but looked to be missed in the crowd noise as the officiating of the play transferred to the other umpire. Not much else they can do in that situation but bring it back and ball it up.

The more contentious one for me was earlier, when Armfield looked to take the advantage, played-on and kicked a behind, but the ball was brought back. I'm guessing the umpire gave Armfield the benefit of the doubt as to whether he was aware, or not, that a free had been paid in the first place.

jambo

What do you attribute the drop in performance to? Port played in some of the most entertaining games last year, that game against the Swans was so good.

Surely Walsh's absence hasn't had THAT much of an impact has it?

We still seem to have run, it's just we have patches or entire matches full of basic skill errors.

In the last 5 minutes there were a few times where a player would kick on the wrong side of the boot or handball in to an opposition player, when an effective disposal would have meant a goal or goal set up.

I haven't seen many matches this year, but it doesn't look good.

Well, Port are fucked. That's the biggest surprise for me for the year.

Well done to Goldie for getting a hitout record yesterday. 80 hitouts is impressive, even against hardly no opposition.

Bernbaum

Hello.

I am going to my first AFL match this coming Saturday.

We are going to the Gabba to watch the Brisbane Lions host the Adelaide Crows.

Looking forward to the game!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Starting to get excited for today's game. Enright's 300th, at home. Only the third Geelong player to get to 300.

I think Melbourne are better than the odds suggest. Hopefully we'll get the win.

End of 1st: Kind of expected Melbourne to be able to play like this against us. They've been impressive in the last couple games, especially their run and carry. That's why I was happy Hogan was withdrawn.
Too many outs for us, no dedicated ruckman hurts a lot. I actually think we're playing pretty well too just Melbourne are harder at it as this is how they want to play. Could be tough from here if we can't start controlling the play more.

Half-Time: More of the same really. Some of our players are down (Selwood) but still only a goal down. Blicavs has 10 tackles already (next closest is 5). We're a terrible second half side, could end up an ugly result.

Third: Stupid skill errors are killing us. Think the Dees will be desperate to hold on given what happened last week.

32 up - Well done, Dees. Outplayed us all over the ground.

AxeMan

Hello.

I am going to my first AFL match this coming Saturday.

We are going to the Gabba to watch the Brisbane Lions host the Adelaide Crows.

Looking forward to the game!

Enjoy the game!

I've only been to the Gabba once to watch football. Lions vs Hawks.
I punched a wall and hurt my hand for a few days so I don't have fond memories of the place.

Hopefully the Lions put on a good show for you

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Enjoy the game!

I've only been to the Gabba once to watch football. Lions vs Hawks.
I punched a wall and hurt my hand for a few days so I don't have fond memories of the place.

Hopefully the Lions put on a good show for you

Clarkson posts on gaf!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The round isn't as interesting with your team on a bye...

Happy to see Varcoe get his 150th this week.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursday June 25th
Fremantle vs. Collingwood @ Domain Stadium

Friday June 26th
Sydney vs. Richmond @ The SCG

Saturday June 27th
Hawthorn vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. Adelaide @ The Gabba
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 28th
Carlton vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium

Round 13 Teams

Sotha_Sil

I don't know much of anything about Australian football, but you guys gave us (LSU) one bad-ass punter, Brad Wing.

The first on-field taunting penalty called in college football was a 52 yard fake punt run by Brad Wing. If your special teams gets smoked by a white punter for 52 yards, I say you deserve to be shit on.

Are the rules more or less the same over by you guys? I might be moving to Australia for work in the future, these are the important types of questions I should be asking.

I don't really watch much footy but I used to be friends with one of the Collingwood players back in highschool. It's always surreal seeing them on TV.

Anyways karn the Dockers!

Are the rules more or less the same over by you guys? I might be moving to Australia for work in the future, these are the important types of questions I should be asking.
the rules are nothing alike. sometimes even our umpires don't even know the rules. Rugby would be closer to NFL.

If you can find an online stream of tonight's game between Fremantle and Collingwood you would do well to watch it as its a fucking cracker of a game.

And yeah fuck Thursday games. It's screwed up my whole week.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Let in WAAAAY too many cheap assy goals. Must have been 80% of their goals came from nothing assy snaps from nothing. So frustrating.

Let in WAAAAY too many cheap assy goals. Must have been 80% of their goals came from nothing assy snaps from nothing. So frustrating.

Frustrating but also great to see I reckon. The structures the coaches have put in place are working and it's just the inexperience and skill mistakes that are hurting us in brief parts of the game.

Get Reid back next week and welcome Greenwood in the week after and we've got a really good team. People will have to start taking notice soon.

that one by Walters where it skimmed across the goal line was assy but intentional. Those kinds of goals are what I watch footy for especially when you have the likes of Cloke (others too but he's one of the worst) choking from 20 metres directly in front.

jambo

that one by Walters where it skimmed across the goal line was assy but intentional. Those kinds of goals are what I watch footy for especially when you have the likes of Cloke (others too but he's one of the worst) choking from 20 metres directly in front.

Another classic Cloke Choke!

YWYGtsl.jpg

Rezbit

This is a very frustrating game to watch. It's classic umpireball. 30 frees 5 mins into the 3rd. Wow.

This is just ridiculous now. Just as bad as the commentators blatantly barracking for Richmond.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Roughead out indefinitely after cancer removed
STAR Hawthorn forward Jarryd Roughead is out of football indefinitely after being admitted to hospital to have a melanoma removed from his lip.

It is understood Roughead underwent the procedure on Wednesday night after test results from a lesion on his lip returned positive for melanoma.

I feel sad for the guy, seems like a genuinely good bloke. Hopefully it's a very minor case. All the best to him.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursday July 2nd
Sydney vs. Port Adelaide @ The SCG

Friday July 3rd
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Saturday July 4th
Richmond vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. North Melbourne @ Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. West Coast @ TIO Stadium

Sunday July 5th