• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL Grand Final 2017 |OT| Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Tigers

fisheyes

f89719f4da529883fbec3a5d334d80a9

The biggest day of on the Australian sporting calendar is here, the AFL grand final! This year sees the Adelaide Crows take on the Richmond Tigers for a shot at glory.

Adelaide Crows
1st - 15W - 1D - 6L
Last Premiership: 1998

To say Adelaide have had a rough time in recent years is the understatement of all understatements. In football terms, they've lost numerous big name players in the last few years, but all that is barely a drop in the ocean compared to the shock death of their coach Phil Walsh in the middle of the 2015 season.

Adelaide has been the best team all year, finishing top with the biggest percentage of the league. They've got a very passionate supporter base (and, as a fan of Port Adelaide, their cross-town rival, trust me, they can get
obnoxiously
loud), and will be looking to win their third grand final from their third appearance.

Player to watch: Eddie Betts
The game's premier goal sneak, winner of the goal of the year in 2015 and 2016, can turn it on in massive moments - what better stage than the Grand Final?

Richmond Tigers
3rd - 15W - 7L
Last Premiership: 1980(VFL - no premiership in the AFL era)

Richmond have arguably the largest and most passionate supporter base in the AFL, with the YELLOW AND BLACK army facing years and years of painful losses, over and over again (Remember when Karmichael Hunt, of all people, got them after the siren?).

This year, despite a few more of those losses, they've bounced back, and seem to be hitting form at the right time. Is the Tiggy Train, and the huge bandwagon, finally ready for glory?

Player to watch: Dustin Martin
The king of the "Don't Argue" has had a massive year, culminating with winning the Brownlow Medal. Can he add a premiership medal to that list? Who stops him?

Who wins?

My predictions:
Crows will romp it in. 66 points. David McKay the surprise first goal scorer, and big Sauce Jacobs with the Norm Smith.

t1506745800z0.png

farmerboy

Crows have this, not in a canter but 4-5 goals. Wouldn't mind seeing Richmond get up but there's no denying Adelaides effort in recent years.

Genuinely looking forward to this.

Hoping Adelaide gets up. Felt they deserve it more after the season they put in. Won't be upset if Richmond wins but i think the pressure of playing a grand final will get to them.

_Clash_

SA pride repping today,

So hoping and thinking Crows, but happy for the best team to win.

Will be a good day

I hope the Crows win big.

If Richmond win im not going outside for the next week, Richmond supporters have been hard to deal with this year and it would be even worse if they win.

Rezbit

Good thread fisheyes!

I'm not really too fussed with who wins, both certainly have stories that are worthy of getting a flag. I'm just hoping for a close game as a neutral!

I'm going with Richmond by a couple, with Rance for Norm Smith. Dusty first goal scorer.

Have fun today everyone!

jambo

Good thread, I was at a 2nd birthday party all morning.

Crows should win, but hoping for Richmond upset as a good mate of mine is a Tigers die hard.

I laid out $200 bets:
Jacobs,Sloane,crouch - norm smith
Crows to win -6.5pts, margin 40+
Otten, Cameron, Douglas First goal

Carn the crows!

The Killers doing a decent Midnight Oil cover there.

Just got back from Walking the Dog before the game and didn't expect "Forgotten Years." The Oils were mad popular on the college circuit back in the day.

Richmond to strangle the game and win by a goal with a sub 70 final score.

Edit: Also get your shit together Prime, I have to watch it in SD as they aren't simulcasting on 7mate this year like last.

Caramello

Richmond just need to keep up the pressure. If they can, they'll win this.

I just hope I can keep my composure and make it through the rest of the game. I'm still so anxious.

Barely hanging on now, the Tigers should have put them away at the end there. Adelaide look too broken to come back but you never know.

DeSo

Banned
Richmond's intensity has been a step above the Crows, just looks like they want it more. Can't see the Crows coming back from here. Houli has been awesome.

Bishop89

i dont want to go back to work on Monday if Richmond win..

I thought Hawks fans were bad, I'm dreading a Richmond Premiership @_@

dos

Neo Member
Time to call it. Happy to see the Tiger's win but having said that, I live in Brisbane so won't have to deal with their supporters being insufferable fuckwits

Rezbit

Amazing. Richmond playing that finals footy. Just pressure manifested. The crows came back to earth with their skills. Shades of last year, as much as that sucks as a swans fan!

DeSo

Banned
Good on the Tigers, they were exceptional today. Intensity and pressure was insane, gave the Crows nothing. Last premiership in 1980, this has got to be sweet.

Top Bottom