• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2013 |OT| See the Bombers Shoot Up, Up

fisheyes

Hawks made a grave error by winning, now they have to sit in the way of the mighty Power juggernaut. First stop on this train? Smashing the Pies.

CAAAARRRRNDAPEEEEEARRRR

Shaneus

I've just realised, haven't Geelong lost all their games after the bye this year? Maybe I want them to lose today.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty poor second quarter from Geelong. The last half of it we looked like we lost all our pressure for the game. We're not playing like we want to win the game. Need to step it up.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's going to play out exactly as I thought.
Outplayed in the ruck, lack of options in the forward line with Hawkins down. Out in straight sets? No way we're good enough to beat Collingwood.

Disappointed Scott chose to play Chappy as sub, in his 250th no less. Had no hope of impacting the game at a late stage. We needed to do something more than just bomb it forward to their tall defenders.

Shaneus

Looks like it's going to play out exactly as I thought.
Outplayed in the ruck, lack of options in the forward line with Hawkins down. Out in straight sets? No way we're good enough to beat Collingwood.

Disappointed Scott chose to play Chappy as sub, in his 250th no less. Had no hope of impacting the game at a late stage. We needed to do something more than just bomb it forward to their tall defenders.
Like I mentioned earlier, my theory is that Scott knows we play like shit after time off, so we won't have a chance to.

Am I correct in thinking that we lost the first game after each bye this year?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Like I mentioned earlier, my theory is that Scott knows we play like shit after time off, so we won't have a chance to.

Am I correct in thinking that we lost the first game after each bye this year?

I think we've only had the one bye this year. We have lost our last 3 games after the bye going by wikipedia.

Edit: Port putting up more fight than I thought. I wouldn't complain if they won.

Well done Port. Well played.

Pies, that game really summed up our season. Too many passengers and nothing up forward, other than Cloke. It's disappointing to lose, even if we weren't going to do any real damage in the finals.

jambo

So what was it that Paddy Dangerfield said about Port on the Footy Show earlier in the week?

Heard something about it on the radio after the match tonight.

Dead Man

Well done Port. Well played.

Pies, that game really summed up our season. Too many passengers and nothing up forward, other than Cloke. It's disappointing to lose, even if we weren't going to do any real damage in the finals.
Yeah, Port deserved the win, no doubt. Still disappointing.
Just found out there's a German AFL. :-D

Might check out a home game one of these days, looks highly professional.

There's a US league as well. They even have a hall of fame.

Bishop89

Saw this on another forum.
It is relevant to everyone

1187241_517062965030939_237278769_n.jpg

Hope richmond win today

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys, let me tell you my top 6 most hated teams (in no particular order)

• Sydney
  • Port
  • Carlton
  • Hawthorn
  • Fremantle
  • West Coast

You can imagine how much I'm looking forward to the rest of the finals action.

tri_willy

thanks man, someone i knew was adamant port, freo and carlton were gonna win and i made the call on the hawks... nice punt indeed

jambo

Guys, let me tell you my top 6 most hated teams (in no particular order)

• Sydney
  • Port
  • Carlton
  • Hawthorn
  • Fremantle
  • West Coast

You can imagine how much I'm looking forward to the rest of the finals action.

Why would you hate these great teams?*

except Carlton

Out of those teams, Carlton would be the only one I would enjoy seeing lose every week.

I didn't like Port in the Mark Williams days but I do like them now. Same with Freo back in the day.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Why would you hate these great teams?*

except Carlton

Sydney were and are boring, and Adam Goodes is not a "two time brownlow medalist" calibur player
I grew up in Adelaide as a non crows / port fan. Port fans were complete arse hats. (crows are in the 8, due to their crying poor webber fan heroics)
Carlton.
Hawthorn are just dirty. Line in the sand etc.
Fremantle are a joke. Every year they and everyone go on about how they'll get the flag. Then they choke. it's not funny anymore it's pathetic.
West Coast. Those haircuts they all rocked in 2006. Filthy mullet rats tail hybrid

jambo

Sydney were and are boring, and Adam Goodes is not a "two time brownlow medalist" calibur player

Firstly, it's spelt calibre you numpty.

Secondly, their play style is very much a clamp down play and slowly chip away, so I can understand why people find it boring.

Lastly, Adam Goodes is definitely a brownlow level player. He hasn't been quite as good this year thanks to injuries, but he still has the ability to single handedly impact a game and turn the tide.

I grew up in Adelaide as a non crows / port fan. Port fans were complete arse hats. (crows are in the 8, due to their crying poor webber fan heroics)

All teams have bad fans, no exception. I've been to games all over the country and there have always been idiots.

Indeed

Hawthorn are just dirty. Line in the sand etc.

It takes two to tango. Also I find it funny that you talk about dirty when Dustin Fletcher has been to the tribunal 12 times for a total of 20 match bans. Or Phil Carman who got a 20 match suspension in a single match.

Fremantle are a joke. Every year they and everyone go on about how they'll get the flag. Then they choke. it's not funny anymore it's pathetic.

That's the old Freo. This year they've finally clicked. All they have to do is win a home game and they're in to their first grand final.

West Coast. Those haircuts they all rocked in 2006. Filthy mullet rats tail hybrid

The whole AFL is full of terrible haircuts, regardless of teams.

Top Bottom