• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Nunes beats the living shit out of Ronda. And that Cruz tools Cody for 25 minutes. And that Lineker knocks out TJ. Don't have much invested in the rest of the card so I'll just enjoy them, if those 3 things happen then 2016 can actually end off pretty good for me

Ronda is stupid and arrogant but I don't see her ever half assing a return like someone like Penn would. She wouldn't come back if she weren't really focused on winning.

NYR

GLffVug.gif

More fire.

You just don't understand, when she lands her twisting punch, it lands and grabs skin causing a purple nurple effect, pretty deadly.

Not gon' lie. I didn't have a huge amount of confidence in my prediction Cody would KO Dom, but storming out like that did not help.

Xe4

Banned
You just don't understand, when she lands her twisting punch, it lands and grabs skin causing a purple nurple effect, pretty deadly.
It's also a really good way to sprain or break your wrist. Unless you can do it perfect every time, I wouldn't use it.

He is the most underrated shit talker in the sport. He is number 2 behind Conor in my books. He's really subtle with how mean spirited he actually can be. A lot of Conor's is fun and bravado but Dom is laser locked in to actually hurt dudes with his words.

Not gon' lie. I didn't have a huge amount of confidence in my prediction Cody would KO Dom, but storming out like that did not help.

Yep I know it's a shaky ground prediction and I don't feel good about it either but I'm gonna stick with it. If I'm wrong oh well

He is the most underrated shit talker in the sport. He is number 2 behind Conor in my books. He's really subtle with how mean spirited he actually can be. A lot of Conor's is fun and bravado but Dom is laser locked in to actually hurt dudes with his words.

His "I bought a house with all the wins I have over your teammates" like from a couple weeks back is my favorite line of the year

Anyway I think Codys only real shot is an early KO. Cruz will frustrate him more and more the longer the fight goes

Dom by 1st rd ko.

That would be the most shocking result of the year for me in terms of title fights if that happened. Even more surprising than Bisping vs Luke which I actually had a weird feeling Bisping was maybe gonna win.

I could see Dom winning and even finishing Cody in later RDS but 1st would be a big surprise for me. I think Cody is on par danger wise with TJ and TJ barely lost that fight with Dom. I think TJ is a bit better though so I could see this fight being a tad easier for Dom

Mediking

Rooting for Roussey. She REALLY needs to do some PR though and get back on good terms with just about everybody. Drop the arrogant vibe. Then again she prolly has that because she's a fighter.

zeemumu

Are you saying she's mastered the Rasengan in a punch?

I can't tell if people are overrating Nunes or underrating Ronda, Oblit.

I don't think it has anything to do with either fighter's potential. I think they just want Ronda to lose.

The Beard

Lol

Did you see him and Cody go back and forth at the Gall Northcutt fight? It was painfully awkward. Cruz had that one good line about his house, but other than that it was embarrassing.

Lol

Did you see him and Cody go back and forth at the Gall Northcutt fight? It was painfully awkward. Cruz had that one good line about his house, but other than that it was embarrassing.
Just curious who would your top shit talkers be?

Connor has had awkward moments as well. Thinking of the TUF with Faber in particular but there's been cringy pressers too. It's a craft that takes practice.

Syder

Had my cash down on Nunes for over a month now. Bookies are making a mistake putting Ronda as the favourite and these pre-event promos, while I understand why they exist, will be kind of embarrassing, in retrospect, when in all likelihood Rousey loses. Nunes is a fucking beast and I'd be very surprised if Ronda has an answer to her offense.

Round 1 TKO.

I can't tell if people are overrating Nunes or underrating Ronda, Oblit.

Lol same. Though to be fair I have no idea how that fight is going to play out. Nunes is actually really really poor off of her back and we've seen Rousey eat people alive there. But then again who the hell knows what Rousey is going to look like after a year long layoff with her last fight being a KO loss.

Lol

Cruz has an entirely different style of delivery. It's not flashy and it's not pretty but he legit hurts dudes an engages them. Look at every fight he has guys completely lose their cool. He may not be the smoothest trash talker but he is the 2nd best in the sport in terms of effect.

Skittles

It's also a really good way to sprain or break your wrist. Unless you can do it perfect every time, I wouldn't use it.
She's not even throwing the corkscrew punch correctly in the first place. You only twist about another 45 degrees you regularly do when throwing a punch(there's very few uses for the punch in the first place). That just looks painful to hit a heavy bag with.

IC5

Rooting for Roussey. She REALLY needs to do some PR though and get back on good terms with just about everybody. Drop the arrogant vibe. Then again she prolly has that because she's a fighter.
It's working as both a marketing tactic and allowing her to avoid stress. I mean, we have tons of people talking about what she supposedly should be doing. That's some pretty damn good buzz.

Chumley

Banned
Lol same. Though to be fair I have no idea how that fight is going to play out. Nunes is actually really really poor off of her back and we've seen Rousey eat people alive there. But then again who the hell knows what Rousey is going to look like after a year long layoff with her last fight being a KO loss.

Cruz has an entirely different style of delivery. It's not flashy and it's not pretty but he legit hurts dudes an engages them. Look at every fight he has guys completely lose their cool. He may not be the smoothest trash talker but he is the 2nd best in the sport in terms of effect.

Conor and Chael Sonnen are the greatest UFC trash talkers of all time but Cruz is the most evil. His smug and quiet way of dismissing the very existence of his opponents is vicious.

BadAss2961

Had my cash down on Nunes for over a month now. Bookies are making a mistake putting Ronda as the favourite and these pre-event promos, while I understand why they exist, will be kind of embarrassing, in retrospect, when in all likelihood Rousey loses. Nunes is a fucking beast and I'd be very surprised if Ronda has an answer to her offense.

Round 1 TKO.
Ronda's pretty tough physically. I don't see her going down in the first. Nunes will have to discourage her in round 1 then finish in the 2nd.

Ronda could always get the early takedown and finish with an armbar. Her boxing technique is shit, but she's got pretty heavy hands. Don't see her KO'ing Nunes, but a good shot could lead to her getting the takedown.

Not knowing what kind of Ronda will show up, this fight is a bit of a toss up. I give Ronda the edge though, assuming she respects the striker and goes back to her grappling roots.

Chumley

Banned
Nunes' style is not going to work nearly as well against Ronda as it did Meisha. Ronda is like a bull, Holm humiliated her because she baited the bull around like a matador and wore her down enough to be able to deliver that final kick.

Also, Ronda just wasn't even taking the Holm fight seriously and wanted to beat Holm at her own game. If Nunes thinks she can do what she did to Meisha here she is going to lose badly, but if she's patient she'll win.

Holm is a world class boxer. Nunes is a very good MMA striker. There's a difference. Ultimately I think Rousey can win this fight. She's beaten good MMA strikers before. I think Nunes has to beat her on the feet in round 1 or 2 or Rousey will take it.

Holm is a world class boxer. Nunes is a very good MMA striker. There's a difference. Ultimately I think Rousey can win this fight. She's beaten good MMA strikers before. I think Nunes has to beat her on the feet in round 1 or 2 or Rousey will take it.

Yep agreed. I have Rousey the slight favorite right now but that 1st Rd is gonna be a bitch. The long layoff combined with Amanda being a really fast starter is dangerous.

But I think Ronda is the better overall fighter

ironcreed

Banned

Round 1 TKO.

Agreed. If not an outright KO by at least round 2. Then Ronda will retire, show up on WWE a few times and do commercials and awful movie roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom