• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

RoyalFool

Banned
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20212656/tyron-woodley-asks-dana-white-apologize-criticizing-ufc-214-performance

Woodley to Dana.
"The word behind business is 'man.' You need to be a man, and owe me a public apology. And if I don't get that, I'm going to start leaking some s--- that people don't want to be out in the wind. I'm not kidding about that."

I mean, how could you not root for the guy. He's fighting harder now out of the ring....

Woodley broke the record for least attacks thrown, no shit Dana isn't going to headline such a boring fighter. Now he threatens to snitch him out... Good luck with that

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Great card on the whole, sad truth is though that Woodley/Maia was far and away the least entertaining fight... it was a stinker even if the strategy employed by Tyron was entirely the smartest route to victory.

Objectively, he could have taken more chances in order to put on a better show for the fans though, and Dana's reaction was totally predictable. He also should be well aware of how the wind is blowing in regards to UFC being run as a promotion focusing more on personality and performance than ranking.

McGregor/Mayweather is a circus fight. Its a joke that means absolutely nothing yet is undoubtedly the biggest match-up of the year... go figure. Truthfully Jones vs. Lesnar wouldn't be much different.

Bottom line is that performances like Woodley's don't sell tickets or PPV buys, Bisping/GSP is a much more appealing prospect.

That being said, Lawler/Cerrone was a fantastic contest that really should have been scheduled for 5 rounds, so go figure...

Sad to see DC take such a heinous KO, especially after his performance to that point had been so good. Jones is as good as he says he is though, and his classy response after the win suggests maybe he's finally got his shit together. Which is of course great for the sport.

Top Bottom