• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
GVtRJuK.png

Event Info:

UFC 200 is without a doubt the most stacked an biggest event in the history of MMA. Featuring bouts such as:

• After a near 5 year absence, Brock Lesnar returns to the UFC to face the king of the walk off KO in Mark Hunt.
  • Daniel Cormier is going to take Anderson Silva on a magic carpet ride
  • Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar face off for the second time to determine the Interim Featherweight Championship and set the winner on the path to face Conor McGregor.
  • Miesha Tate (c) looks to defend her new Bantamweight title against Amanda Nunes.
  • Cain Velasquez faces off against fellow contender in Travis Browne.

UFC 200 Card Breakdown:

fI3EKDp.png

Supplementary Material:

UFC 200: It's Time - Full Episode
Robin Black breaks down Lesnar vs Hunt
UFC 200 Free Fight: Mark Hunt vs Frank Mir
UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen
UFC 200 Free Fight: Daniel Cormier vs Anthony Johnson
Jon Jones Removal From UFC 200 Reaction
UFC 200: Brock Lesnar Q&A
Jon Jones UFC 200 Press Conference(removal from card)

UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 2
UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 3
UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4
UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 5
UFC 200 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 6

BUT ALSO THIS WEEK:

Friday July 8th is the TUF Team Joanna vs Team Claudia finale.

TOhYBNZ.png

BUT WAIT THERE'S EVEN MORE:

Thursday July 9th Rafael Dos Anjos looks to swallow Eddie Alvarez's soul on UFC Fight Night.

driknoS.png

There's fights all week, but 200 specifically goes down Sat, Jul 9, 2016 10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT

*Will update OP as we get closer to the event*

VoxPop

According to that fight card picture, Cormier apparently grew 5-6 inches or so from the last time they fought.

Brock alone makes this card larger than what it was. You are crazy if you think McGregor Diaz 2 is bigger.

McGregor/Diaz 2 is bigger than Brock in 2016.
UFC 196 did almost a million and a half buys with almost no build up. Brock's last big comeback fight against Reem in 2011 did almost half that.

VoxPop

I wonder if they would have still opted for Brock/Hunt if Diaz/McGregor 2 was still on this card or if it was just a backup plan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they would have still opted for Brock/Hunt if Diaz/McGregor 2 was still on this card or if it was just a backup plan.

They want 200 to be as big as possible, I feel they would still go for Brock/Hunt. Wouldn't hurt.

BadAss2961

DC will KO Jones
This would be glorious. Would be more likely if DC could fight Jones at heavyweight.
McGregor/Diaz 2 is bigger than Brock in 2016.
UFC 196 did almost a million and a half buys with almost no build up. Brock's last big comeback fight against Reem in 2011 did almost half that.

Probably.

Conor's the big draw, but this card is still way better than it was before. Jones/Cormier 2 is more interesting and far more important than Conor's rematch.

Fox318

This would be glorious. Would be more likely if DC could fight Jones at heavyweight.

Probably.

Conor's the big draw, but this card is still way better than it was before. Jones/Cormier 2 is more interesting and far more important than Conor's rematch.

If fucking Cain wasn't around DC would be the heavyweight champ.

Cain fucks up every fucking thing.

I expect this to be one of his last fights.

ldcommando

Banned
Conor/Diaz 2 not being on this card just means having to wait a little more to watch Conor get slapped, punched and choked again. It's coming either way.

Brock said he and the UFC initially discussed a comeback for the NY card in MSG in November.

Sounds like they moved it up to fill the spot

BadAss2961

If fucking Cain wasn't around DC would be the heavyweight champ.

Cain fucks up every fucking thing.

I expect this to be one of his last fights.
Yup. People overlook that light-heavyweight DC is basically a watered down version of himself.

You can get knocked out anytime at heavyweight, but he'd still likely be the long reigning champ had he not moved down for his boy Cain.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm pumped that I get to go out to Vegas this weekend. Goin to Fan Expo and everything.

Should be a blast.

I think some of the fandom is gonna push these odds all over the place, too, which should make for some fun betting on the fights. (i.e. Lesnar fans pushing that line closer to Lesnar than it should be. A bet on Hunt should have a nicer payoff if he wins. Yay!)

The Beard

Cormier vs. Jones is going to be ass. Jones is just so much more athletic and he has a 1ft reach advantage. Lesnar vs. Hunt will be ass too. Once Hunt lands a solid punch to the body or head, Lesnar will just start back peddling away for the rest of the fight.

I'll probably still pay to see it though.

Lokbob

So torn about the Aldo Edgar fight, I really like Edgar so I want him to win and fight for the Title. But seeing Aldo Mcgregor 2 would be incredible.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yup. People overlook that light-heavyweight DC is basically a watered down version of himself.

You can get knocked out anytime at heavyweight, but he'd still likely be the long reigning champ had he not moved down for his boy Cain.

He's a watered down version of himself when he has to fight Jon Jones, who is just better in every way. Against every other LHW contender DC is the clear favorite.

Nobody was saying DC was watered down when he was crushing other LHWs. Could it be that he just ran into the greatest MMA fighter of all time in his prime?

Here are my picks

Who I think will win:

• Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones
  • Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes
  • Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
  • Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt
  • Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne
  • Gegard Mousasi vs Thiago Santos
  • Johny Hendricks vs Kelvin Gastelum
  • TJ Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao
  • Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez
  • Takanori Gomi vs Jim Miller
  • Cat Zingano vs Julianna Pena
  • Sage Northcutt vs Enrique Marin

Who I want to win:

Levito

Banned
My picks:

I really want Jose to win but I have a feeling Frankie is going to grind him out.

I said I wouldn't buy this card cuz of Helwani but I'm cheating by going to a friend's house to watch it. Fuck Zuffa all the same!

Camwi

After rewatching their first fight, I really think DC has a shot at pulling the upset. He got some good shots in, especially in round 2. He just needed to come up with something in the later rounds instead of letting Jones go into grind mode.

After rewatching their first fight, I really think DC has a shot at pulling the upset. He got some good shots in, especially in round 2. He just needed to come up with something in the later rounds instead of letting Jones go into grind mode.
He wasted a lot of energy trying to take jj down just to make the point that he could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom