• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nunes faded pretty fast in her last 3 round fight against Valentina Shevchenko. I really don't think she is a world beater at all, especially if someone takes her into the championship rounds

Yeah Miesha is tough and crafty -- like a Jim Miller type I guess -- but pretty middling. She barely won most of the fights leading up through the title, so I don't think beating her classifies anyone as particularly great. Ronda really should have rushed back for that easy money.

Luke Thomas, is that you?!

Seriously, though, that excuse is such BS. Yes, Silva had a lockdown applied but DC made no attempts to improve position. Stop making excuses for his piss-poor performance. He even made it know in the post-fight press conference that he "did what he had to".

I don't know what that little snipe at the beginning is supposed to mean, though I am familiar with Luke Thomas. That said, you need to rewatch the fight if you don't think DC wasn't attempting to advance position. Silva's lockdown was immensely successful, and nobody has a strong top game against the lockdown.

You don't see it in MMA much because not many people train to use it, and even fewer have a game built around it or any offense from it. As a result, most times it's used, it's used as a stall tactic to either force a standup, make your opponent waste energy, or conserve your own.

The last time Silva used the lockdown was during a single round against Chael Sonnen. Do you remember what happened then? Chael had almost 4 minutes of top control and landed six strikes. Six. That's it. It worked so well that it's not surprising that the next time he faced a smothering top game, he pulled out the technique immediately.

If Nunes comes out like she did against Tate I don't see her losing that belt any time soon.

Nunes always comes out like she did against Tate, and has still lost even when that early victory seemed certain. I would probably favor Rousey against Nunes because Ronda is stronger in an almost-inevitable clinch. The gigantic x-factor is how the hell will Ronda look when she comes back from this extensive, movie-focused vacation. I would also favor Holm against Nunes.

NHale

Buyrate estimated at 1.1-1.2 million, less than 100 (1.6m) and 196 (1.5m).

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom