• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 |OT| Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mousasi going in hard, but it's not racism/xenophobia like he implied. Like Dana said, Netherlands/Iran do not buy cards when he fights the way Ireland buys them when McGregor fights, Brazil buys when Silva fights, or England buys when Bisping fights.

Mousasi going in hard, but it's not racism/xenophobia like he implied. Like Dana said, Netherlands/Iran do not buy cards when he fights the way Ireland buys them when McGregor fights, Brazil buys when Silva fights, or England buys when Bisping fights.

He also is a pretty boring personality (and fighter at times). If we saw the Mousasi of that post-fight more often maybe he'd be a bigger draw but he doesn't seem like the type of dude.

Rumble is pretty old to just be starting an NFL career. That's pretty surprising if he really has some sort of offer on the table from the Rams

Rumble is pretty old to just be starting an NFL career. That's pretty surprising if he really has some sort of offer on the table from the Rams

I mean.. it's The Rams.

More seriously though he could maybe make the practice squad or even ride the bench and make decent money.

Kelsdesu

images

Sits at home quietly being the best lb for lb champion of all time.

Is more inspired more by Dr. Disrespect than Anderson Silva.

UFC again... Really needs to start paying these guys.

I'm starting to think that Rumble doesn't know what his job is. He's gonna wake up tomorrow morning and log in to Monster.com.

Lol given Rumbles seeming level of intelligence this wouldn't surprise me. (Still seems like a super nice dude though, despite the rumors of his past history of violence outside the cage)

images

Sits at home quietly being the best lb for lb champion of all time.

Is more inspired by Dr. Disrespect than Anderson Silva.

UFC again... Really needs to start paying these guys.

DJ couldn't draw flies to shit. It's not like there are competing MMA promotions that would be knocking down his door.

Chumley

Banned
Rumble is kind of a contradiction. He seems incredibly nice and sweet but on the other hand clearly has a dark side and enjoys the "alpha male" shit.

Rumble's going to wake up tomorrow morning and say, ok I just want everyone here with me. Where's my family? Where is everyone? Uhhh, where'd everyone go?

Jones is too stupid to be champion, otherwise, he'd still be champion. DC is the real champion, which is why he has the belt, and Jones hasn't even been able to attempt at taking it.

Looks like Rumbles corner (somewhat obviously) didn't want Rumble to wrestle DC at all either

Confusion reigned in Johnson’s corner during his rematch with Daniel Cormier in the pay-per-view headliner at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, N.Y.

According to corner audio from the event, Johnson’s cornermen pleaded with him when he elected to wrestle Cormier (19-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) rather than engage in striking. They begged him to disengage and keep his distance, and expressed anger when he didn’t.

At one point, Johnson’s longtime striking coach Henri Hooft exclaimed, “This is stupid.” Between rounds, Johnson said nothing.

When Johnson (22-6 MMA, 13-6 UFC) submitted to a rear-naked choke in the second round, he exclaimed, “Why, why the (expletive) does this happen every (expletive) time, man?”

http://mmajunkie.com/?p=241729

Kinda makes me wonder if indeed, that heavy punch from DC in round 1 shook Rumble up a bit. If you notice he didn't attempt any wrestling prior to that punch. He didn't visibly show that he was rocked, but sometimes guys are hurt and do a really good job of hiding it.

Kelsdesu

DJ couldn't draw flies to shit. It's not like there are competing MMA promotions that would be knocking down his door.

Well yeah. He isnt a huge draw. He bodies everybody he fights.

UFC isn't pushing him enough. Not only that he isn't allowed sponorships that would make him a household name.

UFC isn't pushing him enough. Not only that he isn't allowed sponorships that would make him a household name.

Nah. His personality is lacking and his division isn't competitive. He's a good fighter with great technical ability but there's nothing about him or the division that's exciting.

Guru-Guru

Banned

I like Mighty Mouse, but c'mon man, under no circumstances would he EVER become a household name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom