• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 |OT| Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's moose. Looked alright. Title contender fight.

that was Mousasis last fight on his contract.. hes asking for more money and based on his performance and crowd reaction hes most likely not getting anywhere close to what he wants. ill be surprised if he has a title fight without a rematch with Weidman though.

I think they left because they didn't expect him to get a chance to be interviewed. The losers usually just leave.

losers always walks out with the full camp.. before the change in interviews and after. i cant recall one time where a fighter was left hanging like Rumble was.

He's moose. Looked alright. Title contender fight.

It's Moose. The dude doesn't have the best tdd in his weight class but he is still dangerous. I think if he fought Jacare and Yoel, he's getting demolished. Yoel and Jacare are too good with their wrestling and will take Moose down and destroy him.

I feel like if he wants more money he will sign with Bellator. He's had a taste of the UFC and the pay was decent. Let's see what the other orgs can offer him.

I wasn't too impressed with Mousasi either. Had a feeling he'd run through Weidman at first, but by the second round I thought Chris would get the decision.

BadAss2961

Rumble's still cool, but this fight and his following retirement validated everything DC said about him in the buildup. Can't handle adversity. Quickly loses confidence and checks out.

Mega

Banned
Yeah, same. Ring rust is real for everyone, only time it didn't come into play in recent memory was with Korean zombie.

And Dominick.

Hasn't Jones been competing in submission/grappling tourneys? It's not the same as UFC but the rust shouldn't be too bad.

YaGaMi

Crappy PPV. Weidman got what he deserved for stalling. Rumble had a poor gameplan and his retirement showed he didnt wanna be there. DC vs Jones rematch will be interesting since JBJ looked poor VS OSP.

I think he did. Or at least I don't think his heart was in it so he went with a gameplan that involved less punches to his face.

His couches probably bounced because they were too disappointed :p

That would explain the craziness of trying to grapple.

DC will have to think strike first. He's not big or strong enough at 205 to wear Jones down with grappling.

Jones is a better striker, but maybe ring rust could play a factor like Obliterator said.

Chumley

Banned
Dana should be going to Rumble right now with a huge pay raise offer. The dude is a draw and LHW has fuck all else besides Jones, and DC is retiring this year.

LMAO i just noticed Dana White has no mention of the Weidman vs Mousasi fight on his twitter account.. dude is probably pissed about how it played out.

I also wonder if Rumble was trying to wrestle so much because he might have been hurt a bit and it spooked him. That was a really hard shot that DC landed in round 1, and if you notice Rumble started shooting quickly after that.

Syder

Looking forward to Jones taking the title back
tumblr_nnjtxouXYP1td4rqfo2_400.gif

Chumley

Banned
I also wonder if Rumble was trying to wrestle so much because he might have been hurt a bit and it spooked him. That was a really hard shot that DC landed in round 1, and if you notice Rumble started shooting quickly after that.

That hit + retirement already being on his mind is what did it. His head wasn't in it going in, and it definitely wasn't once he got tagged by DC.

They need to stop focusing on NY so much . Fighters don't even want to fight there with the taxes they need to pay.

Weidman needs to just go to 205. That weight class is screwed and he can handle a lot of those dudes.

Weidman goofed. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're gonna play the "I'm concussed because he fouled me!" card, you're pretty much toast when it turns out that you weren't fouled. Shitty ending, but it's on Weidman either way. Either he was so hurt that he could barely communicate and was bound to be knocked unconscious in mere seconds or he was lying/snaking and got buster. Tough break.

Rumble's a head case. Not much to say. Terrible choices.

Cormier's gotta be the weirdest heel of all time. I like him and I love that he can't get over. Too funny.

Will Brooks is a total bust. Feel bad for the guy because he's had a tough life.

Pitbull looked legit for the first time since 2009. That was weird.

BadAss2961

Jones is a better striker, but maybe ring rust could play a factor like Obliterator said.
Jones is the better striker, but unlike Rumble, he's a guy you can trade with. I think DC has a much better chance of rocking Jones than grappling him into submission. He'll just wear himself out trying the latter again.

He should come into that fight guns blazing like Rumble would, and wrestle second to mix it up a little.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I bet we won't see Mousasi fight in the UFC again. He wants more money for his new contract and I don't see the UFC giving it.

Chumley

Banned
What is DC talking shit for? He lost to Jones. Shut your mouth man.

He's talking shit because Jones is such a fuck up that he got his belt stripped for crashing into a pregnant woman, and then a year later got another 1 year suspension for taking boner pills.

Also, it's called cutting a promo. It would be pretty boring if he didn't say anything.

That football question was weird. Wonder if that reporter has inside info on Rumble gettting an NFL tryout or some shit? And if that throws a wrench into the "letting Conor box" thing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That football question was weird. Wonder if that reporter has inside info on Rumble gettting an NFL tryout or some shit? And if that throws a wrench into the "letting Conor box" thing.

He put the Rams helmet on his twitter background and a bunch of Rams hashtags in his bio

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Floyd / Connor actually happening?

Chumley

Banned
Dana just said he's been talking to TMT for a while.

So either Floyd was lying or Dana is lying. I'd actually take Dana's word between those two scumbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom