• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 213 OT - Nunes vs Shevchenko. The Lioness, the Uber, and the The Soldier of God

Was anyone else surprised at how good Werdum took Ubereem's shots? Sure he really felt the knees and kicks but he wasn't entirely out of it compared to Ubereem's last opponents. Surprised the shit out of me tbh.

Whittaker put on a cerebral performance. Super impressive win against a very dangerous opponent. I wish Yoel could still somehow get his shot at fucking up Bisping but right now I'm more interested in seeing these young new champs rise up. Cody, Holloway and Whittaker all had amazing years in 2016 and now they're all champs. That's so impressive and bodes well for the UFC. A generation of true hybrid fighters are on the rise.

Yeah, I don't remember where it was first said, but MMA has been popular for long enough now that we are getting a new generation of fighters who have been training for MMA all their lives, as opposed to guys coming over from other single disciplines like the earlier days.

Australian MMA fighters have traditionally been weak on td defense, good to see that's not the case.

Wrestling has never been big in Australia unfortunately. Even today I feel like we don't emphasise it enough, in my area at least.

Amazing fight and really happy for Whittaker, greatly enjoyed this card overall.

FUME5

Wrestling has never been big in Australia unfortunately. Even today I feel like we don't emphasise it enough, in my area at least.

Amazing fight and really happy for Whittaker, greatly enjoyed this card overall.

I'm an Aussie, almost all of my mates have studied some form of martial arts over the years, no one has studied a grappling based one though.

All I see is MMA gyms in industrial areas these days.

Whittaker definitely won and is far more valuable to UFC now and in the future than Romero is but I'm bummed we will never get the Yoel/Bisping fight that we should have.

Lmao, I love Bisping, though I don't think he will make it against Whittaker. Had it been Yoel, I'd give him a chance, as I could see Romero underestimating him the same way jackass Luke did and forget that he is an athlete. Glad he knocked out Rockhold, and I'm glad he is already pumping up the Whittaker matchup.

I'm an Aussie, almost all of my mates have studied some form of martial arts over the years, no one has studied a grappling based one though.

All I see is MMA gyms in industrial areas these days.

Victorian here. Jiu Jitsu is massive in Melbourne, we have a lot of black belts in the area. Our Jiu Jitsu coach received his Black belt last week in fact (Jake Matthews.)

You very rarely see a wrestling class anywhere. They exist, but you have to search through quite a few gyms to find one.

Whitaker is only 26, dude is gonna be on top for a while .

Feel bad for Yoel...legit needed just one of those rounds . He was getting hit with some tough shit and shouldn't have drained so much energy in point takedowns .

dabig2

Poor Yoel, got some family in Cuba who were betting on him becoming champion. Maybe some day, but considering his age...

Oh well, got full faith that Whitaker i going to feast on Bisping's dodging ass, and maybe we'll see a rematch cause that fight was great.

av2k

I was looking at the two yesterday and thought bochnovic would come out on top. Good luck to your instructor.

god damn that was a mauling. i was wrong lol

Ah hah, thanks thanks! Trevin did pretty amazing considering this was on 8 day notice. I'm glad to hear James Bochnovic is recovering as well, we were all nervous for his opponent after getting knocked out in that fashion, the stoppage was very late on that.

He put on a beat down and will probably get a performance bonus out of that.

Make sure he buys beers lol

Ah hah, that would be awesome to see him back at the UFC fighting bigger names.

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Trevin_Giles_vs_James_Bochnovic_Full_Fight_UFC_213/10183078 has the replay if anyone is interested in seeing my coach in action, cheers!

Top Bottom