• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It creates more soft tissue damage and would also allow her to aim the arm more accurately (conservation of angular momentum and all that).

Corkscrew punches are a long staple of old style boxing when they did it without gloves.

That's a STYLE?!

It really looked like no one taught her to keep her wrist straight.

Fox318

Edmund can suck rocks

Fucking amazing how somebody like Ronda with connections like her mother and Gene Labell ends up with a hack as a coach.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what happens if Ronda loses? is she done?

Its amazing how fast yo can be on top of the world on UFC and then quickly it all crumbles and nobody cares about you.

Yaari

so what happens if Ronda loses? is she done?

Its amazing how fast yo can be on top of the world on UFC and then quickly it all crumbles and nobody cares about you.

I can't see her coming back if she loses again. She has never been good at dealing with losses. She doesnt have to do it for the money anyway.

phaonaut

Edmund may suck, but why would you completely switch coaches / camps when you got so far with them. Some of the most respected coaches still have fighter go out and get completely embarrassed. Look at Eddie/Henry as a good example, and jackson/wink still couldn't save Holly from losing 2 in a row and killing all the post Ronda hype behind her.

I too think Ronda is finished. I'm afraid she is completely rocked. Does she have any confidence left? That is what makes so much of the difference. It's what got her so far. So much of fighting is psychological.

Edmund may suck, but why would you completely switch coaches / camps when you got so far with them. Some of the most respected coaches still have fighter go out and get completely embarrassed. Look at Eddie/Henry as a good example, and jackson/wink still couldn't save Holly from losing 2 in a row and killing all the post Ronda hype behind her.

A good coach wouldn't have told the judo/grappling expert to go in there and try and stand and bang with the 18 time women's boxing champion.

It's one thing for a fighter to buy into their own hype but a good coach/team should try and keep them grounded, not buy into it right along with them. Edmund is a hack. Look at what's happened to Ronda's BF since switching to him.

N° 2048

I hope Ronda destroys this woman. Nunes is too ugly to be a champ.

wtf?

A good coach wouldn't have told the judo/grappling expert to go in there and try and stand and bang with the 18 time women's boxing champion.

It's one thing for a fighter to buy into their own hype but a good coach/team should try and keep them grounded, not buy into it right along with them. Edmund is a hack. Look at what's happened to Ronda's BF since switching to him.

Well said.

N° 2048

I got my "beauty killed the beast" post ready already. Go Honda, you a star.

Ok, I laughed haha.

Sleeping beauty;
Holly-Holm-Ronda-Rousey-_0015.jpg

Haunted

I'm not super invested in either fighter, but I sure hope Nunes wins - for the good of the division and women's MMA as a whole.

Cruz is a great defensive fighter if you're into that sort of thing, myself I prefer the Garbrandt type of Just Bang, Bro. Outside the ring it's reversed, so I've got mixed feelings about that one.

Monocle

Looking forward to the day when I don't have to hear or think about Rousey ever. Thank god her "acting" "career" seems to be on hiatus.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Rousey needs to take a page out of Demian Maia's playbook and stop fucking around with striking. She's got an Olympic medal in Judo, use it.

8iikJxh.png

I don't care how much money she could make the company they shouldn't let her fight if she won't promote.

UFC ain't gonna cancel the main event 3 days out over something like this. Ronda is exercising her leverage knowing that. I can't be mad at an mma fighter using what little leverage they have, especially now when the UFC is involved.

phaonaut

8iikJxh.png

I don't care how much money she could make the company they shouldn't let her fight if she won't promote.

https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/813827730525425664

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I just don't think coaching is something you replace easily. And Ronda got the clinch in the Holly fight several times, she just couldn't do anything with it.

I think ronda is winning don't see her risking and going for standup like the fight against holly. After this bet their gonna have her go for the new title for a superfight against holly.

Savitar

Considering her reaction after losing before and wanting to have babies I wonder what would happen if she loses again badly.

If Ronda loses at least she'll have a paycheck of being the only person allowed to give Stephanie McMahon her comeuppance in a mixed tag with the Rock against her and Triple H.

Afrikan

This PPV is also being broadcast in 4K.

If you order the HD version, I believe you get the 4K version as well.

Sony 4K TV (2015/16) owners can download an app labeled UFC 207 4K I believe.

and just found out last night Directv Owners with a Directv 4K Ready TVs or some other Directv Genie 4K device... will also be able to Order it.

I've never done the Directv route, but I'm going to try. My cousin has a 65" LG C6, so it should be compatible. He has an older genie, but I read that since he has a Directv 4K Ready TV...it should still work.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
lol

Why does she punch this way? What is this twisting supposed to accomplish?
Torsional force can cause a little extra soft tissue damage, but not the way she's doing it.
Those punches... I think I've seen toddlers throw better punches. There's no form, no power, no aim...

Camwi

I give zero shits about Nunes, but I guess I have to cheer for her over the idiot she's fighting.

Cruz/Garbrandt is the real main event.

Afrikan

Damn SO many people underestimating Ronda.

I've followed Amanda Nunes' career since the early part of her career..

used to have a crush on o'l girl.
Amanda_Nunes-e1341869462190.jpg

And I'm obviously rooting for her.

THAT all being said, I'd never count out Ronda...just because if she ever grabs you...there is a high chance she is going to drop you...and from there her instincts take over.

Amanda could be lighting her up, but if she gets too close...I'd still be worried.

If Ronda rematched Holly, I'd probably take Ronda...unless it's K1 Ronda shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom