• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it will be hilarious to hear all the WA locals complain about

a) Victorian conspiracies
b) plane flight ticket costs skyrocketing
c) Why no local final
d) Secession
e) Who gets subiaco for the fans day/commiseration day afterwards
Be even funnier if the game is a draw and they have to play again the week after.

Kanyon

Should sit down and watch the Adelaide game.

I need more Brisbane friends who follow AFL.

I'm from Brisbane and I'm watching the Crows game, but I live in Adelaide now so I've let you down there... This Crows v Dogs game has been a cracker of a game, could go either way!

I reckon it will be hilarious to hear all the WA locals complain about

a) Victorian conspiracies
b) plane flight ticket costs skyrocketing
c) Why no local final
d) Secession
e) Who gets subiaco for the fans day/commiseration day afterwards
For who get Subi, Winners get Subi, losers get a choice of the WACA or the working site of the new Perth Stadium :D

Glad Richmond lost, always funny seeing them think they have turned the corner but get bungled out in the elimination final hehehehee.

A shame to see fremantle fans booed Goodes yesterday. Thought they were better than west coast ferals.

Number 37 is a saint and has done nothing wrong on a football field...................

WA's supporter base are a different kind of football fan and boo anything/everything.

Getting on my crows to win the flag at $26 at the start of the year doesn't seem like such a stupid idea now.

Doubt they'll be able to back up their performance against the Hawks.

They can beat them if they play to their potential, I'm just worried they spent all their tokens on satdy night.

Getting on my crows to win the flag at $26 at the start of the year doesn't seem like such a stupid idea now.

Doubt they'll be able to back up their performance against the Hawks.

They can beat them if they play to their potential, I'm just worried they spent all their tokens on satdy night.

They just might, I've read how people assume they played their grand final last night. I think it'll be a very tough contest for Hawthorn and they might not be able to nullify Adelaide's attack.

Omikron

I think West Coast now get the easier side of the draw which they would be pretty happy with given they will also have players back.

This week:

Hawthorn v Adelaide (Friday Night)
Sydney v North Melbourne (Saturday Night)

Next week:
Fremantle v Hawthorn/Adelaide
West Coast v Sydney/North

jambo

Yeah I think West Coast pretty much secured their spot in the GF this year by beating Hawthorn on the weekend.

I don't think Adelaide can get over the Hawks, as they will be out to regain some pride and demolish the opposition. But then Adelaide have had some huge upsets this year.

West Coast are definitely in the GF now. I think they should be favourites now too. The other side of the draw could still go either way imo. If Hawks can get some form back, I think they can challenge Freo.

My tips this week are:
Hawks & Roos.

AxeMan

Some pretty interesting rumours floating around concerning Buddy.
The AFL had better not let Sydney out of the contract with him

bomma_man

Some pretty interesting rumours floating around concerning Buddy.
The AFL had better not let Sydney out of the contract with him

He definitely does/has done coke.

Very weird situation. Surely they wouldn't be ruling him out for the whole finals series if it wasn't something beyond 'normal' mental illnesses like depression or anxiety (not that they aren't serious).

Maybe it's drug addiction - misleading, but not untrue.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm picking Adelaide for the upset this week. Think they match up well enough to cause problems in key areas against the Hawks.

Edit: I'm going for both upsets. North to win also.

Adelaide and Sydney for mine. Maybe it's just because I live in Adelaide that the buzz is getting to me. I hate the crows but I just gave a feeling and it would be so sweet for no preliminaries in Melbourne.

jambo

3cfPUPj.png

Friday September 18th
Hawthorn vs. Adelaide @ The MCG [2nd Semi Final]

Saturday September 19th
Sydney vs. North Melbourne @ ANZ Stadium [1st Semi Final]

Finals Week 2 Teams

jambo

Hawthorn and Sydney for me.

I'd love to see North win, but I just don't see it happening.

Also, both the Prelims are in Perth, so no Melbourne prelim even if Hawthorn win.

Hawthorn and Sydney for me.

I'd love to see North win, but I just don't see it happening.

Also, both the Prelims are in Perth, so no Melbourne prelim even if Hawthorn win.
This is true and so Hawthorn destroying the Crows makes no difference to me now.

Crows are pretty woeful tonight, good thing I don't bet money.

Darren870

Go Roos!

Went to a North Melbourne pub and ran into a fellow american who actually played for them.

Obv a rookie and wasn't playing tonight. Good to see the team amongst the crowds though!!

Westlo

So if Adelaide matches Geelongs contract for Danger... it's not actually a contract and he could walk in the PSD? What sort of stupid system is that? Should be like NBA, if they match they keep the player.

bomma_man

So if Adelaide matches Geelongs contract for Danger... it's not actually a contract and he could walk in the PSD? What sort of stupid system is that? Should be like NBA, if they match they keep the player.

He'd still be out of contract, he's not forced to take it. He just can't leave as a free agent. It'd be like the old days when he's either have to be traded or take his chances in the draft.

legend166

Couldn't cover the injuries in the end.

Goodes booed out of the game. Stay classy football fans. Happy to not pay attention to this for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom