• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje

Ferguson or Gaethje?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HarryKS

Not sure what the point of complaining about technique is when it comes to heavyweights. They're not normal people. A shitty jab from a behemoth will floor you as long as it lands. I sometimes think people don't really understand how much more powerful trained big men are.
Probably because the majority are manlets.

Not sure what the point of complaining about technique is when it comes to heavyweights. They're not normal people. A shitty jab from a behemoth will floor you as long as it lands. I sometimes think people don't really understand how much more powerful trained big men are.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing his technique. If he had any, he'd be a boxer making nearly a billion dollars a year instead of fighting for UFC tokens.

DKehoe

The joke was that Ngannou is able to operate without a high level of technique. That’s all. But the problem with it is the heavyweight power dynamic can work both ways. They can knock you out too. If you’re gonna leave yourself wide open like that there’s gonna come a time where that shot of yours doesn’t land and you’ve left your chin sticking right out there.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
7ktlj8xvg0y41.jpg

;_;

V2Tommy

Did I go back In Time to 2017 ?

it’s nice here actually. Conner is still relevant. Anyone wanna catch an Astros game? They look like a good team this year.

I love baseball.
Doesn’t compare to combat sports, though. Baseball has way too many games in a season for any one game to matter.

GymWolf

God conor is such an obnoxious cunt...

He is 2win and 1 loss in the lightweight division and the most embarassing and disgraceful fighter outside of the octagon and he still doesn't shut the fuck up.

I'm ready to pay 500 dollars to see justin breaking his fucking jaw.

Last edited:
God conor is such an obnoxious cunt...

He is 2win and 1 loss in the lightweight division and the most embarassing and disgraceful fighter outside of the octagon and he still doesn't shut the fuck up.

I'm ready to pay 500 dollars to see justin breaking his fucking jaw.

I don't think he can beat any of the top 5 in welterweight or the champ. Featherweight same thing (maybe ortega). 155 his best shot (very tough though).

GymWolf

I don't think he can beat any of the top 5 in welterweight or the champ. Featherweight same thing (maybe ortega). 155 his best shot (very tough though).

why you say that he can't beat a top 5 featherweight? i think they are all doable, no one is gonna wrestlefuck him like khabib or tony are gonna do and no one hits harder than gaetjie in the 145 division...of course with an old school conor.

manfestival

I meant to ask this the other day but while watching the fight, I saw these stupid tweets keep popping up but the name of a twitter account caught my attention....
Dude had his name changed to Fight Island the other day lol. He changed it back to Funky Ben but I thought it was hilarious.

why you say that he can't beat a top 5 featherweight? i think they are all doable, no one is gonna wrestlefuck him like khabib or tony are gonna do and no one hits harder than gaetjie in the 145 division...of course with an old school conor.
Don't think he can get to 145 anymore. If he did Volkanoski, Zabit & Zombie can all beat him IMO. Welterweight is even worse, he'll be in better shape but Leon Edwards I think will beat him, so will Masvidal. Woodley, Colby & Usman present different problems.

He'll pick his fights, try & get in peoples heads but people know this so won't be as effective. I think Khabib will retire when he hits 30 wins or so. So stay at 155 if you can & maybe in a few years.

mekes

Conor is only viable as a champ at 145lb IMO. And he can’t make the weight anymore, so Conor is done winning belts unless the landscape changes dramatically. However I still think he elevates any matchup he wants to participate in and is a great asset for the UFC. I would love to see him fight 7-8 more times, but I’m not sure he will.

GymWolf

Don't think he can get to 145 anymore. If he did Volkanoski, Zabit & Zombie can all beat him IMO. Welterweight is even worse, he'll be in better shape but Leon Edwards I think will beat him, so will Masvidal. Woodley, Colby & Usman present different problems.

He'll pick his fights, try & get in peoples heads but people know this so won't be as effective. I think Khabib will retire when he hits 30 wins or so. So stay at 155 if you can & maybe in a few years.
I think he can starch all the top 5 featherweight tbh...
No one of them has a better stand up or a flash ko punch like conor and no real wrestling guy in there.
Of course they are not easy match, but more easy than khabib, justin, dustin, masvidal, usman etc.

I think he can starch colby too, the guy has pillow punch, if he stand with conor it is good night for him...

Top Bottom