• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously she had a bad gameplan. She didn't even attempt to clinch or a takedown. Obviously, she'd be destroyed attempting to stand with any competent striker.

This is wrong Ronda did try to at least clinch Nunes was having none of it and swatted her off. Nunes is the most well rounded female fighter in MMA even attempting to go to the ground would have been a problem Nunes is one of only two women in the UFC with a Brazilian jujitsu black belt.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Im sure youve been in many.

But yeah. People generally tell the other person to 'Get up' before they continue fighting.

Only one as an adult (thankfully) and I would never want to again..

I don't know where you're from but I've never seen a fight like that.

dream

bud speaks the truth. If you're in a fight and get someone down, you soccer kick the shit out of them. Especially on the street.

99Luffy

Banned
bud speaks the truth. If you're in a fight and get someone down, you soccer kick the shit out of them. Especially on the street.
Well at that point, the person that can pull the trigger is the best fighter.

I think that soccer kicking and stomping when the persons down is also against MMA rules. And headbutts.. And pretty much alot of things that would go down in a real fight.

N° 2048

But yeah. People generally tell the other person to 'Get up' before they continue fighting. Its the decent thing to do.

BAHAHAHA
mjl.gif

This guy has never been in a fight. I almost got killed if I didn't have fast hips to get up, almost got soccer kicked into brain damage... holy shit I hope you never get into a fight.

"let me up!"
"let me up!"
"be decent"

But yeah. People generally tell the other person to 'Get up' before they continue fighting. Its the decent thing to do.

Is that before or after that person's friends swarm the guy on the ground with kicks and punches? Or after the downed guys friends jump in and take a cheap shot at the guy still on his feet?

BAHAHAHA
mjl.gif

This guy has never been in a fight. I almost got killed if I didn't have fast hips to get up, almost got soccer kicked into brain damage... holy shit I hope you never get into a fight.

"let me up!"
"let me up!"
"be decent"
I've seen both kinds of fights actually. Just depends on the people involved and the reason for the fight.

99Luffy

Banned
BAHAHAHA
mjl.gif

"let me up!"
"let me up!"
"be decent"
That sucks.

I would let you up.

Fighting is matter of life or death. There is no waiting for the person to get up. It's about beating the person into submission.

After my cousin died in a fight. I don't take fighting lightly. Strangers will not wait for you to get up and their friends will join in as well.

If you're in a real fight you don't be courteous and allow them to recover. You keep going untill the fight is clearly over one way or the other.

If you want to give them the opportunity to pull out a knife or just recover and turn the tide, then it's your funeral.

There was no MMA displayed here. It was pretty much all boxing.

Big mouth Rousy got what she deserved. Wheres all that talk about taking on any man in the world. lol.

She would get destroyed by a rank amateur boxer from what ive seen so far.

Love to see a Rousy and Maywhether fight. lol. It would be over in 10 sec.

Chumley

Banned
I hate Mayweather as a human being and would love to see a woman beat the shit out of him like he's done to numerous women himself, but Ronda is not the one to do it.

99Luffy

Banned
If you're in a real fight you don't be courteous and allow them to recover. You keep going untill the fight is clearly over one way or the other.

If you want to give them the opportunity to pull out a knife or just recover and turn the tide, then it's your funeral.
Kinda odd that this convo turned into being about fighting for your life. Obviously the best thing to do in those situations is to have a gun, not get into a full mount.

dream

I think I'm giving this to Shields, even though I know the judges will give it to Fitch because they are dumb.

this_guy

Geez you guys have never been in a fight. I once got jumped by 10 guys and they all came at me, one at a time like a Bruce Lee movie or Nolan directed Batman film. I came out on top but congratulated them for fighting with honor.

A boxing match and a fight are two different things. I'd still put money on Rousey in a fight with Floyd.

She can't throw a punch or take a punch, she's been absolutely embarrassed twice in a row and went from the hottest thing in MMA to a coli face. She's not going to last more than 5s against one of the best boxers ever

BSsBrolly

Banned
She can't throw a punch or take a punch, she's been absolutely embarrassed twice in a row and went from the hottest thing in MMA to a coli face. She's not going to last more than 5s against one of the best boxers ever

I agree, she wouldn't last more than 10 seconds against Floyd in a boxing match. However, I'm not talking about a boxing match.

Exr

Wall of shame posts are usually pretty petty and lame. I never go back and do call out's when I'm right.

I'll happily take L's when I'm wrong though. I was all in on blind Rousey hype back in the day. Don't regret it either, it was fun ass times to be caught up in.
You were embarassing with that shit, come on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've never seen someone come and go from public conscience as quickly and strongly as Rousey.

The only way she'll be remembered nwo is on like VH1 decade talk shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom