• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what world is a fight limited to only your fists? In what world is a fight limited to wrestling only? Either way, you're watching one aspect of actual fighting. One very limited aspect.

In what world can a person win a fight where she can't dodge a punch to save her life, and repeatedly gets punched in the head, able to win a fight agaisnt a person who throws punches at people's heads professionally?

BSsBrolly

Banned
In what world can a person win a fight where she can't dodge a punch to save her life, and repeatedly gets punched in the head, able to win a fight agaisnt a person who throws punches at people's heads professionally?

In one where she doesn't think she can stand with a person who throws punches at people's heads professionally and goes for a takedown instead.

Leunam

In what world is a fight limited to only your fists (boxing)? In what world is a fight limited to grapling only (wrestling)? Either way, you're watching one aspect of actual fighting. One very limited aspect.

I can think of one very recent, very relevant example.

BS is very appropriate.

In what world is a fight limited to only your fists (boxing)? In what world is a fight limited to grapling only (wrestling)? Either way, you're watching one aspect of actual fighting. One very limited aspect.
No one said it's necessarily limited to those things.

The point is in fact that you could have an "open" fight and he would still beat the complete shit out of her.

The Beard

But she would easily take Floyd down. You just don't understand real fighting.
/s

BSsBrolly

Banned
No one said it's necessarily limited to those things.

The point is in fact that you could have an "open" fight and he would still beat the complete shit out of her.

The point is the opposite. Floyd has one way to beat the complete shit out of her. Ronda has dozens of ways to beat Floyd. Floyd is extremely one dimensional. If he doesn't get a hit on her or does but it doesn't KO her, he's finished. He'd be on his ass and either KO'd (via ground and pound) or submitted.

The Beard

The point is the opposite. Floyd has one way to beat the complete shit out of her. Ronda has dozens of ways to beat Floyd. Floyd is extremely one dimensional. If he doesn't get a hit on her or does but it doesn't KO her, he's finished. He'd be on his ass and either KO'd (via ground and pound) or submitted.

Dude, no, just stop. It's getting embarrassing.

BSsBrolly

Banned
You do realize Floyd can probably easily over power her right? You do realize men are stronger than women?

You've never taken a BJJ class. Women can, and do, get the better of men all the time. It's designed for the smaller person to defend against bigger (and stronger) opponents. Floyd would get rag dolled, even by a woman. Why? Because he only knows how to box.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
bud speaks the truth. If you're in a fight and get someone down, you soccer kick the shit out of them. Especially on the street.

Fighting multiple people, yeah, go for killing blows. Never kick or stomp a downed person in a true 1v1 on the street. At least, not in the head. Shooting a fair one isn't a about death and brain damage. Shit ain't worth prison time. Only go that far when you have to neutralize multiple assailants.

That's different from a sanctioned professional match. You have to be prepared to use everything that's within the rules, because your opponent will. If you can't bring yourself to do it, go fight in a league where the stuff you don't like isn't allowed.

99Luffy

Banned
Dude, speak for yourself or your area. Not where I grew up in North West area of Toronto.
lol Toronto.

Noone fights fair in the real world. As much as you may want to fight fair, you wont because you will be at such a severe disadvantage its just a giant race to the bottom.
Not disputing that most fights arent fair. But wth does that have to do with this thread. Are we still talking about Ronda and Flloyd? how are people bringing up knives and getting swarmed.

Chumley

Banned
I wish everyone would just stop talking about Floyd. He was a great but boring fucking fighter and one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever grace the sport. Let's move on.

The Beard

Delusional boxing fans are embarrassing. They have no idea how limited boxing truly is.

Ronda is a judoka, she's not even formally trained in BJJ or wrestling. She has to get in a clinch to be affective. Last night was a perfect example of why Judo is ass. She couldn't get through Nunes' punches to get her in a clinch.

She sure as hell wouldn't be able to get through Mayweather's punches either.

Lmao

I feel dumber for even participating in this conversation.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Ronda is a judoka, she's not even formally trained in BJJ or wrestling. She has to get in a clinch to be affective. Last night was a perfect example of why Judo is ass. She couldn't get through Nunes' punches to get her in a clinch.

Lmao

She has an extensive back ground in grapling. Has belts in Judo, Sambo and JuJutsu. She's was a white belt in BJJ as of 2013. I'm sure she's been training since...

Lmao

Lol, I thought about responding to him, but then I realized that this conversation is on the same level as arguing who'd win between King Kong and Godzilla, but Godzilla has to have his mouth taped so he can't blow fire. Reality is straight out the fucking window here!

The Beard

She has an extensive back ground in grapling. Has belts in Judo, Sambo and JuJutsu. She's was a white belt in BJJ as of 2013. I'm sure she's been training since...

She'd have to be a world class wrestler and at least a purple belt in BJJ to have a chance against an expert MALE boxer like Mayweather, she's neither of those.

Once again, she's an expert in Judo. She'd have to get through Mayweather's punches to even have a chance at being effective. Judo sucks.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Not much of an advantage when she's unconscious on the ground seconds into the fight.

Just like the 47 year old Randy Couture when he faught a professional boxer?

10001522.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom