• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
TQEnLxB.jpg

I love it. A gallery needs to be opened. In Ronda's honor and all.

99Luffy

Banned
You know if Ronda wanted she could stay in the UFC, seems like she could still make millions as people enjoy watching her get beat so much.

Fury451

Banned
You know if Ronda wanted she could stay in the UFC, seems like she could still make millions as people enjoy watching her get beat so much.

I don't think there would be a crowd for that after this. People like to see someone who they perceive as having an attitude get put in their place. That's happened twice now and I'm not sure what kind of pleasure can be derived from that.

Alienous

She didn't take her last loss well, so losing as pathetically as this is concerning. She was talking about suicide last time so hopefully she has a really good support network right now.

When you make three million dollars in one night, do you need future earnings?

Going back to boxing, Tyson earned over $400 mil in his career was bankrupt before retirement

Thinking everyone who makes a lot of money doesn't need to be smart with it, is just about as silly as the vast majority who aren't smart with it and don't care until it's all gone

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thinking everyone who makes a lot of money doesn't need to be smart with it, is just about as silly as the vast majority who aren't smart with it and don't care until it's all gone

The two mindsets you just listed aren't distinct. People who think people don't need to be smart with it are obviously the same as people who don't feel the need to be smart with it, so I don't know why you're sub-categorizing those two types of people.

Secondly, I hope your comment isn't directed towards me. I never implied she wouldn't need to be smart with her cash, only that three million dollars is enough to make most people set for life and that Ronda won't really need to rely on any other organization to make "a living".

Xe4

Banned
She didn't take her last loss well, so losing as pathetically as this is concerning. She was talking about suicide last time so hopefully she has a really good support network right now.
Yeah, I hope she goes to see a therapist and stuff. I've never liked her, but the last thing I would want her to do is hurt or kill herself.

Levito

Banned
People keep talking about Ronda going to WWE but I still don't see how she'd be good at that:

-She's an amazingly terrible actress
-She is no longer an undefeated martial artist, that whole aura of invincibility is gone
-She's not a very mentally strong person, she'd never do a WWE show where she lost, and the crowds would mock her relentlessly
-I doubt she'd make enough money to make it worthwhile

Ronda is going to sell fitness programs and direct to video action movies, unless she totally changes big parts of her life she's going to fade into obscurity.

One of my friends just posted the fight on Facebook. Goddamn, Ronda had absolutely no business being in there with Nunes. She looked horrible! Nunes sure can throw them hands.

Vixdean

Remember when she said she could beat Floyd Mayweather? I'm pretty sure your average gym rat that weighs more than 160 pounds could last longer......

Remember when she said she could beat Floyd Mayweather? I'm pretty sure your average gym rat that weighs more than 160 pounds could last longer......

That old lady Gabi Garcia killed almost lasted as long as Ronda (7 seconds of more rope running would have done it)

The Beard

Nah, that's bullshit. Ronda ran through the division until she met two terrible matchups in a row. Cat Zigano outlasted Amanda's first round rush and beat the hell out of her after that, then Ronda tossed her out in 14 seconds. Alexis Davis also beat Nunes and lasted 16 seconds against Ronda. Sara McMann has Olympic medal wrestling credentials and did about as well against Ronda as Ronda did against Nunes. Meisha Tate wasn't great at anything but she was certainly among the best competition in the division every time they fought.

Against any brawler and most grapplers, Rousey was untouchable. Not many women fighting have the striking that Holm or Nunes do. She's probably done now but taking away Rousey's accomplishments isn't fair to her or the women who stopped her. The division is moving on but that has happened to every champion in the history of the UFC with the exception of GSP so far.

Exactly. She wasn't being fed cans on purpose, she ran through everyone in the division, including finishing women who have beat Nunes, in under 20 seconds. She has looked horrible in her last two fights (especially last night. Goddamn) but she's not just some skill-less having attractive girl plucked off the streets who was marketed for no reason, she was a legit force for a while. I honestly think if she had a top tier coach, she'd still be champ, or at the very least she wouldn't have looked completely lost against elite strikers. Fuck Edmond.

RK9039

I don't have a problem with goldberg yeah he promotes sponsors alot because thats one of his main job, roegan is the main commentator so you never really see him promoting the sponsors. The next guy they bring in is going to do the same because someone on the commentating has to do it. Everyone is gonna be butthurt with the next guy for the same reason.

I didn't say I had a problem with it, I said that's all he was good for. His actual MMA commentary was always a joke.

Holy shit she lasted 48 seconds ?? Damn. Anyone knows the point in thread where the fight starts because I sure could use some hilarity right now.

BSsBrolly

Banned
One year later and I still cant process that shit. For the longest time I was sure it was all an elaborate joke thread of some kind until her fanboys started getting banned.

So embarrassing.

A boxing match and a fight are two different things. I'd still put money on Rousey in a fight with Floyd.

The Beard

A boxing match and a fight are two different things. I'd still put money on Rousey in a fight with Floyd.

She's just got destroyed by a 135lb woman in a fight. Do you honestly think Amanda Nunes can punch harder and faster than Floyd Mayweather jr?

Even Mayweather Sr would beat her senseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom