• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas teen admits she made up hoax claims about abduction, rape by '3 black males'

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Those little white lies that get black people lynched and dismembered.
The same defense force that shows up to shield her by blaming mental illness would be the same bystanders that would watch a riot happen over a made up offense to her virtue.

I love how when white people do something like this they are mentally ill and when other races do things like this it's because they are "savages" or "thugs" or something of that sort....

Yeah. Is it so hard to believe she's just a bad person?

This sort of thing is not without historical precedent.

It ain't some kind of mystery.

Dude Abides

Banned
I've always been of the mindset that false accusations for something like this should get the equivalent of what the perpetrators in a real case would get. Just as a message has to be sent about the punishment of rape, a punishment that is real in weight and severity also needs to be created against those that lie about these accusations as well.

Yeah, accusations of rape are just as bad as rape. Just like how accusing someone of racism is as bad as actual racism.

I've always been of the mindset that false accusations for something like this should get the equivalent of what the perpetrators in a real case would get. Just as a message has to be sent about the punishment of rape, a punishment that is real in weight and severity also needs to be created against those that lie about these accusations as well.
I feel you, but it'd be even more shameful to be delivering justice to liars at ratios and punishments far larger than the justice real rape victims will ever see. We've got bigger problems with rape than racist liars.

http://www.endthebacklog.org/

This gets people killed. Don't fucking do shit like this

My largest fear even as a black man living in Texas is that some white woman will claim I raped or injured her. Being gay wont matter then. Only the darkness of my skin.

If these people don't like being called deplorable then maybe they ought stop behaving in deplorable ways.

I'm always serious.

3seed_medium.gif

disco

How f***ing awful. When she was cutting herself, did she not think, 'god, this is a waste of time to spite a group that haven't done any of this to me'. Outside of this girl's obvious racism - I think we can also guess what she really wants in the deepest subconscious of her mind.

How f***ing awful. When she was cutting herself, did she not think, 'god, this is a waste of time to spite a group that haven't done any of this to me'.
I grew up in the south, so I learned this from an early age: white racists believe minorities have done everything to white people. Citations never provided nor even searched for by the racists.

Lagamorph

Wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant and was looking for a way to justify having an abortion to her family who would otherwise be against it, or she's had sex outside the engagement and needed a quick excuse to explain it away. "It's the rapists baby I can't possibly have it"

a.wd

Yeah, nah she is a piece of shit. She should be shamed for the things that she has done and other people should see her plight and not be sympathetic.

She is not mentally ill.

She is not endangered in any way.

She lied in the most heinous way and perpetuated racism in a society that already has major problems with this.

People who do this should be shown up to the light and made to feel shame.

Yeah, accusations of rape are just as bad as rape. Just like how accusing someone of racism is as bad as actual racism.
It definitely was for the hundreds of Black men that swung on trees, had their communities destroyed or got thrown in jail over a crime they didn't commit.

Dude Abides

Banned
It definitely was for the hundreds of Black men that swung on trees, had their communities destroyed or got thrown in jail over a crime they didn't commit.

Just think of how she's ruined the lives of these three non-existent men! Capital punishment would be too good for her!

smurfx

get some go again
wonder how many black males the police enthusiastically beat or harassed looking for the suspects of this hoax.

Christ, i just watched to kill a mocking bird again last night and i was near tears at the fact that someone can make up a story and end/ruin someones life like that, the fact that this is happening fucking years after that book was written is a travesty

Lock her up. At least this didn't end up in dudes getting rounded up and falsely accused or worse.

And why is she being referred to as a teen when she's apparently 18 and an adult?

Akainu

Well the town was demanding blood. This became high profile real quick. When a case like this becomes national news, they have to make it a priority. Diverting resources that would have been used for other cases.

Oh, and as for the poster that hopes the backlash destroys this girl for the rest of her life: The hell is wrong with you?

She's going to have a criminal record. She'll probably have to pay restitution. She's going to lose her job. She's lost her fiance. She's lost the trust of her community. She's embarrassed her family. She's a pariah on social media. This will follow her for years to come.

Why would you want her to be tortured for life? What's the end game? Do you want rehabilitation, or do you want vengeance?
You know what your rig...nah fuck her.

Well the town was demanding blood. This became high profile real quick. When a case like this becomes national news, they have to make it a priority. Diverting resources that would have been used for other cases.

Oh, and as for the poster that hopes the backlash destroys this girl for the rest of her life: The hell is wrong with you?

She's going to have a criminal record. She'll probably have to pay restitution. She's going to lose her job. She's lost her fiance. She's lost the trust of her community. She's embarrassed her family. She's a pariah on social media. This will follow her for years to come.

Why would you want her to be tortured for life? What's the end game? Do you want rehabilitation, or do you want vengeance?

lol Nah..fuck her.

Actions have consequences. If she understood why this story would get attention, especially the racial element of it, then she understood what the effects might be. She was selfish.

akira28

It'd be a long stretch for her to do longer than 1-2 years anyway, but the consequences of her little fishing expedition would have put 3 innocent men in jail for probably life. depraved sexual acts and kidnapping, etc, and the media would have blown the thing up. So..yeah no sympathy and let her face her crimes.

and lets quickly sweep this under the rug because it clashes with the theme.

pashmilla

Banned
White female infantilization. She could have been 30 or 40 and talked about as if she was a teen.

Well technically she is a teen. But infantilisation of women has no age limit. Paternalistic infantilisation is just as toxic and damaging as malevolent sexism. It also has the side effect of letting this kind of racist bullshit slide because "the poor little girl who is a grown ass adult didn't know any better".

Naw, she can get fucked.

Well technically she is a teen. But infantilisation of women has no age limit. Paternalistic infantilisation is just as toxic and damaging as malevolent sexism. It also has the side effect of letting this kind of racist bullshit slide because "the poor little girl who is a grown ass adult didn't know any better".

I don't disagree that she is a teen at 18. However a person of color at 18 would have been referred to as a man or woman at that age. While it can happen at any age I find women that are older or unattractive left out of the effect's umbrella just as much as women of color.

I also don't disagree that paternalistic infantilization is a bad thing too. My goal wasn't to make a list of all the toxic pieces of our culture that lead to excusing this but the one that I thought was most pertinent in this particular case. I apologize if my comment made it seem as if I didn't think those were also bad things.

trixx

I feel like this entire story is an example of why you need to take extra precautions especially as a black male living in the US, and you should be aware of this. Not just the rape allegation but especially the reactions across the board prior to it being revealed as a lie.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Is this a joke or some bizarre American thing?

Also what's with all the calls for jail time? How does that help anyone?

As a black male who fits the description it'll help me feel safer if she was behind bars.

Perpetuate deadly racial stereotypes and hurt real victims of sexual assault brehs.

Just think of how she's ruined the lives of these three non-existent men! Capital punishment would be too good for her!

And when this kind of fuckery is let off without real consequences, it continues and the next time, perhaps the next accuser isn't so sloppy with her lying.

Is that when Dude Abides will admonish this behavior? After it's too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom