• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas teen admits she made up hoax claims about abduction, rape by '3 black males'

Status
Not open for further replies.
smh, people still pulling this trick? fucking dangerous

hoax23n-3-web.jpg

A Texas teenager has admitted that her claims she was kidnapped and gang-raped by “three black males” were a hoax, according to police.

Breana Harmon Talbott was reported missing earlier this month by her fiancé, who said that he had found her car with its door open and personal effects such as her phone nearby.

The 18-year-old later reemerged in the city of Denison the same day, interrupting a service at a local church by walking in with visible scratches and only a shirt, bra and underwear.

Talbott told police that she was abducted, taken to a wooded area near the church and gang-raped by men wearing ski masks that she described as “three black males.”

Medical examiners “were unable to corroborate that Talbott had been sexually assaulted,” police said.

Denison Police said in a statement released Wednesday, two weeks after the alleged incident, that detectives soon developed doubts about her account and that the teen admitted to the hoax on Tuesday night.

She also allegedly admitted to staging the church entrance and causing the cuts to her body herself.

Talbott now faces a misdemeanor charge of making a false report to a police officer, though officers say that the false allegations had already caused damage.

“Breana Harmon Talbott’s hoax was also insulting to our community and especially offensive to the African-American community due to her description of the so-called suspects in her hoax,” police said in their Wednesday statement.

“The anger and hurts caused from such a hoax are difficult and all so unnecessary.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

hodgy100

but-why.gif

Things like this always leave me in a state of confusion. Whats the reasoning and motivation behind doing something like this?

akira28

well at least we are in an age where "are you calling a white person a liar?" didn't make them immediately go out and find a black person to accuse and execute.

Recently listened to the Tom Dennison episode from the Podcast The Dollop, people should go listen to it to get an idea on just how fucked up this kind of thing is, it can lead to shit so much worse than wrongful arrests. It's disgusting.

tbm24

Sounds like a plot to put up a fund page and have racists pour money into her recovery. Beyond that and just being a generally shitty person, I can't think of why someone would do this.

Binabik15

Like, what was even her motive for doing this? Just for lulz?

18, engaged, in the States. In Texas.

Could be everything from racism to mental illness to lulz to a "cry for help" in a situation of stress.

Hard to tell just from the story, because, sorry, neither (mental) health care nor the multiracial interactions are in a healthy state in the US, looking in from the outside.

I enjoyed tweeting out this article and a #FAKENEWS ! hashtag to the MAGA supporters that went ballistic over this story and cited it as evidence of "the Black male on White female rape epidemic" the "(((liberal))) run" media is suppressing.

Kazuhira

I don't even care to know the reason behind this idiocy,this is pretty offensive for real rape victims and the African-American community.

StayDead

Why on earth would someone make something up like this? Just awful.

At least nobody was wrongly convicted in the end.

Hyun Sai

I'm not used to the way mugshots work in the US, but what is the point of the second one with the hair covering the face ???

breana-harmon-talbott.jpg

DrBo42

The racist plant showed up to church with no pants
(Clap clap clap clap)
DEEP In the Heart of TEXAS!

No excuse for this shit. Hurts rape victims and further pushes some racist fears.

Donos

When keeping it real goes wrong.

She never thought about it how the act of one person (her) can influence so much in the community.

Reminds me of a recent case of a 13 yo girl in Berlin/Germany who said that she was abused/raped for days by refugees. Russian community in Berlin was up in arms and even the russian foreign minister made a statement. After all she just bailed from home and hung with some friends...

Busty

Banned
I'm not used to the way mugshots work in the US, but what is the point of the second one with the hair covering the face ???

breana-harmon-talbott.jpg

All US Police stations have an annual 'Who wore it best' competition.

I don't imagine this young lady will rank very highly.

I wonder how my facebook friends who pointed to this to justify diet racism 'We shouldn't take race into account, white people are victims of black violence too' will respond to this.

GhostBed

Fuck people who lie about rape. That shit is not a joke and is not to be treated as such.

Fuck this racist ass idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom