• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Man Arrested in Hoax Claiming Members of #BlackLivesMatter Vandalized His Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only tangetially related to the story:

The stupid thing about pitting BLM against police sympathizers is that it keeps two working class groups fighting, distracting from the ruling class that pass legislature to keep each of the two groups down.

jmood88

Why do people always try to use black people to better their situation? Clearly insurance fraud, mis use of police, etc.

All because he hates a type of person, and the way to prove it was to demonize them for something they didn't do?

"See these guys? They busted up my truck! Hate them!"

Need a good psychologist to try to explain this type of mentality. I dunno, maybe it was just about having an easy target and knowledge that if you pander to the right crowd, they will crowd source something to you.
Because there's a large segment of the population that will not only believe whatever outlandish story is told if it involves black people being racist and/or threatening but will throw their money to support the supposed victim.

zzC9BNU.jpg

Was gonna quote this. Why, my white peeps?

FiggyCal

Banned
Lol. Reminds me of that guy from NY who shot himself and claimed that a group f racist black kids did it. Then it turned out there was security camera footage.

lol get fucked. I'm sure someone will explain why we should empathize with this man and look at it from his perspective and mental illnesses.

Apathy

Racist idiot. Glad he got caught. Op why were you surprised that he could stoop so low cause he's a disabled vet? Being in the military does not make someone automatically better than the normal population. There are idiots and racists in the military just like there are in the real world.

Racist idiot. Glad he got caught. Op why were you surprised that he could stoop so low cause he's a disabled vet? Being in the military does not make someone automatically better than the normal population. There are idiots and racists in the military just like there are in the real world.

oh i know, guess i give the benefit of the doubt too much

Two Words

But the whole world has issues with racism. This is a world problem.

#notallamericans
I'm not saying #notallTexans. I'm saying stop acting like this problem is a Texas problem. It implies a false statement that other parts are not with this issue in the US.

atr0cious

I'm not saying #notallTexans. I'm saying stop acting like this problem is a Texas problem. It implies a false statement that other parts are not with this issue in the US.
Texas has a state monument that was only famous for fighting for the rights to keep their slaves, and it's one of their main tourist attractions, fuck Texas.

commedieu

Banned

The only person acting like its a texas, and only texas, issue is you. Its literally just you. Laughing at texas due to its historic flavor of racism is the best thing in the world to do, besides laugh at florida. This is just that same old boring neogaf-generalization debate that happens when someone, you, is taking issues with texas being laughed at. They then put on blinders and pretend the statement is an absolute, or that Neogaf doesn't have its own ribbing of regions in the world.

The USA has racism everywhere. Texas has a seeming ever-flowing-stream of unique news-worthy racist scenarios. Not sure how many times I can say that you're making up an argument that people who make fun of texas are without dispute, declaring that only texas has racism!

The entire world knows America has that problem. So..... what do we do now? North Korea has even chimed in on it.

I'm done if your response is going to be:

"But you can't say that it's just texas that has racism." Again.

Do you go through this every G/A/F thread?

TalonJH

I guess at lest he's not that cop that shot his own car and claimed it was the war on cops, triggering a man hunt until they figured out that he made it all up.

Why do people always try to use black people to better their situation? Clearly insurance fraud, mis use of police, etc.
White extremists and opportunists fabricating stories of black misdeeds to whip up hysteria is a centuries old American tradition.
It's comparable to extremists and opportunists around Europe promoting anti Jewish propaganda for centuries.
In pre Ww2 Europe nothing was more hated than the imagery of the conniving Jew, in America its always been tales of black criminality that gets the angriest reaction.

BLM gave racists the entitlement to victimize themselves even further.

And make some side money it seems...a racist using racists to cash out. The power of groups.

Two Words

The only person acting like its a texas, and only texas, issue is you. Its literally just you. Laughing at texas due to its historic flavor of racism is the best thing in the world to do, besides laugh at florida. This is just that same old boring neogaf-generalization debate that happens when someone, you, is taking issues with texas being laughed at. They then put on blinders and pretend the statement is an absolute, or that Neogaf doesn't have its own ribbing of regions in the world.

The USA has racism everywhere. Texas has a seeming ever-flowing-stream of unique news-worthy racist scenarios. Not sure how many times I can say that you're making up an argument that people who make fun of texas are without dispute, declaring that only texas has racism!

The entire world knows America has that problem. So..... what do we do now? North Korea has even chimed in on it.

I'm done if your response is going to be:

"But you can't say that it's just texas that has racism." Again.

Do you go through this every G/A/F thread?
I've typically not been one to point and laugh at an issue from a particular place. I don't really jump on the Florida hating bandwagon or other similar bandwagons. Nobody is explicitly saying this is a Texas and only a Texas issue. But I believe that when you emphasize an issue to a subset of the domain, you create an environment where people carry the illusion (spoken or not) that the issue is absent in the complement of the subset.

Yes, saying it is an issue in Texas is not saying it is an issue in other parts of the US. That is assuming mass groups follow things logically when we know they often do not. When people are coming together and galvanizing around mocking Texas on this issue, they build a sense that Texas is outside of the group and separate. Basically, at best I think you get some laughs out of making fun of Texas and at worst I think you help create a false equivalence for those that are bandwagoning. So I see no real reason to do it. I'd rather talk about the issues of Texas as they are instead of going "Texas, you so racist!"

Now this is race baiting

I wouldn't say he's racist or race baiting. An asshole? Sure, but racist? Now let's not go crazy with the acusations and what not. We don't even know the whole story, besides I think he might be mentally ill. No one of fine mental health would do something like this so obviously it must be a mental illness.

Order

I wouldn't say he's racist or race baiting. An asshole? Sure, but racist? Now let's not go crazy with the acusations and what not. We don't even know the whole story, besides I think he might be mentally ill. No one of fine mental health would do something like this so obviously it must be a mental illness.
It's all fun and games until somebody post this for real.

Dai101

Banned

g6Pbult.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom