• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predicing Jimbo's Sony E3/big summer event State of Play

That list of OP is wishful thinking.
Sony's event will probably be good but I doubt they'll go balls to the wall with their show after all the lackluster shows of this E3.
Sony knows it doesn't need to do much to dominate after seeing this E3.
They'll probably show just enough to get everyone excited but not enough to blow everyone's mind away.

R6Rider

Gold Member
PSVR2 info would be fantastic, but I think they'd have a separate State of Play focused only on VR for that.

Last edited:

SSfox

So here what i think could be in, and i'm excited as fuck about all those games:

GOW Ragnarok, GT7, The next Uncharted game, FF16, FF7-2, more about Horizon FW (show us controlling air and underwater machines), maybe more i may have forgotten some.

Extra hopes, announcement for a new fighting game:

- Tekken 8 (Unlikely, but god can't wait for MY BABY)
- Street Fighter 6 (Unlikely since season 5 still going on, but can't wait too)
- Marvel fighting game by NRS, now that has more chance than the 2 others i think.

And maybe some other surprise like:

- New Nier?
- New Bloodborne or FS game (Yosp maybe invited Hermen in a dinner to give some gaming taste lessons)

Banjo64

cumsessed
The next Uncharted game

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

I’ve played all 5 (got the platinum in 1-4).

The story is told. The characters we fell in love with have all had fulfilling and satisfying arcs.

Let it lie, don’t just sequel it to fuck. Don’t reboot it with Nate’s daughter being the lead.

ND should move on.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Fucking easy. I can't name every game, but these must be 100% guaranteed.

God of War Ragnarok
Call of Duty
GT7
Resistance trilogy remaster
MGS remake
New Jade Raymond IP
Spider-Man 2
Dragons Dogma 2
FF 16
New Guerrilla Games IP
Silent Hill
PSVR 2

MrS

Banned
Bluepoint MGS Remake reveal, GoW trailer, Horizon release date and Death Stranding Director's Cut release date would make this a dream show for me. Throw in Factions info and you've got yourself an all-timer. Not even that unrealistic imho.

Last edited:

NahaNago

They won't have a big summer event but a state of play. Prepare to be thrilled by one game and disappointed with the rest.

I do expect another state of play for death loop and ghost wire tokyo before those games come out. Although I'm burnt out on death loop trailers. Just find that game boring.

Last edited:

SSfox

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

The story is told. The characters we fell in love with have all had fulfilling and satisfying arcs.

Let it lie, don’t just sequel it to fuck. Don’t reboot it with Nate’s daughter being the lead.

ND should move on.

It's something i already said in a another thread, i love ND games but their forumula is getting old and you can already feel it in TLOU2, ND need to make a big step forward when it comes to gameplay, exploration in their games.

I would agree with you if they stay with the same formula of linear action games with super easy puzzles, but iif t change enough, like something similar to TR trilogy with more polish, that would do it.

Last edited:

SSfox

Bluepoint MGS Remake reveal, GoW trailer, Horizon release date and Death Stranding Director's Cut release date would make this a dream show for me. Throw in Factions info and you've got yourself an all-timer. Not even that unrealistic imho.
I would almost apologize talking shit about Hermen after porting games on PC if he do that. Almost.

kyliethicc

God of War Ragnarok
Call of Duty
GT7
MGS remake
New Jade Raymond IP
Spider-Man 2
Dragons Dogma 2
FF 16
New Guerrilla Games IP
Silent Hill
PSVR 2

Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
No
Maybe
No
Yes
Maybe
No
No

Zones

So here what i think could be in, and i'm excited as fuck about all those games:

GOW Ragnarok, GT7, The next Uncharted game, FF16, FF7-2, more about Horizon FW (show us controlling air and underwater machines), maybe more i may have forgotten some.

Extra hopes, announcement for a new fighting game:

- Tekken 8 (Unlikely, but god can't wait for MY BABY)
- Street Fighter 6 (Unlikely since season 5 still going on, but can't wait too)
- Marvel fighting game by NRS, now that has more chance than the 2 others i think.

And maybe some other surprise like:

- New Nier?
- New Bloodborne or FS game (Yosp maybe invited Hermen in a dinner to give some gaming taste lessons)

God of War Ragnarok
Call of Duty
GT7
MGS remake
New Jade Raymond IP
Spider-Man 2
Dragons Dogma 2
FF 16
New Guerrilla Games IP
Silent Hill
PSVR 2
You guys are dreaming... BIG.

But seriously, what’s up with these ridiculously unrealistic, wishful thinking predictions, especially after this truly lackluster E3?

Seeing that GOW was apprently going to release this year. A trailer shouldnt be far away.

But Sony could just release a spiderman 2 video game title and a spiderman 3 movie trailer and call it a year.

Last edited:

SSfox

God of War Ragnarok
Call of Duty
GT7
MGS remake
New Jade Raymond IP
Spider-Man 2
Dragons Dogma 2
FF 16
New Guerrilla Games IP
Silent Hill
PSVR 2
Can Jade Raymond do it again, CAN SHE????? (Big part of The golden age of Ubisoft)

SSfox

Believe in the power of a MILF
I really want to, if Sony trusted her so much and is investing into her project it have to be good right? ... RIGHT????

Man Assassin's Creed was so revolutionary back then, yes first game was repetitive AF BUT still amazing characters, amazing setting, incredible atmosphere, animation super dope and even today there are barely any game that has as much satisfying climbing gameplay and animations.

Fuck me man that lame E3 really made me too nostalgic BTW, can't wait for Sony Event, and they better make us forget about those lame E3 conferences.

Great Hair

Banned
Confused Liam Neeson GIF

ND should move on.
I agree, but its one of Sony´s stronger IPs with beloved characters. A prequel with Sully or another with Nathan, Elena could still work (no more Sam though). If others milk their franchise for the 12th time, why can´t we have another 5+ Uncharted?

And since MS has now Indiana Jones ... you can bet ya arse Sony will counter that one.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
You guys are dreaming... BIG.

But seriously, what’s up with these ridiculously unrealistic, wishful thinking predictions, especially after this truly lackluster E3?

Lol. You think these predictions are unrealistic? Jesus, you must have some very low expectations if you think my predictions are unrealistic. Lol

Last edited:

ksdixon

I'm thoroughly sick of the rumors that Sony have surrounding them. It's been years now. I personally don't even care about MGS/CastleVania/BloodBourne/Silent Hill(s)/SOCOM 2 Remakes. I didn't play the originals. I'm just sick of hearing about them, since the middle of the PS4 generation it seems. Shit or get off the pot.

You know what I tune into Sony streams for?
- TLOU MP Game
- PS's solution to backwards compatability and/or the rumored PSNow 2.0 overhaul.

Iced Arcade

- A remaster of some sort.
- Horizon demo played.
- God of War cutscene in game trailer.
- expandable storage enabled.
- Tlou2 MP
- COD and typical times exclusive maps
- info on PSVR2

Last edited:

God of War Ragnarok
Call of Duty
GT7
MGS remake
New Jade Raymond IP
Spider-Man 2
Dragons Dogma 2
FF 16
New Guerrilla Games IP
Silent Hill
PSVR 2
This is a joke list? GG haven't even got a release date for Horizon, so no nothing from them. Spiderman 2? 😆 Years away. GOW yeah, Silent Hill who's making that? Resistance trilogy? Is that a rumor? MGS remake? This is list based on nothing.

I really want to, if Sony trusted her so much and is investing into her project it have to be good right? ... RIGHT????

Man Assassin's Creed was so revolutionary back then, yes first game was repetitive AF BUT still amazing characters, amazing setting, incredible atmosphere, animation super dope and even today there are barely any game that has as much satisfying climbing gameplay and animations.

Fuck me man that lame E3 really made me too nostalgic BTW, can't wait for Sony Event, and they better make us forget about those lame E3 conferences.
It was lame if you don't have an Xbox but I do 😃

This is a joke list? GG haven't even got a release date for Horizon, so no nothing from them. Spiderman 2? 😆 Years away. GOW yeah, Silent Hill who's making that? Resistance trilogy? Is that a rumor? MGS remake? This is list based on nothing.

We know GG has been working on a multiplayer game for at least over 2 years now. So yeah it's entirely possible they'll reveal something new

Last edited:
Ahh i see you're afraid
No mate I'm saying GG are hard at work on Horizon, they ain't showing something else while they are desperately trying to hit 2021 with Forbidden west. To put on a demo takes time and effort, I don't think it's a priority for them. Obviously they have other projects on the go, but be realistic.

No mate I'm saying GG are hard at work on Horizon, they ain't showing something else while they are desperately trying to hit 2021 with Forbidden west. To put on a demo takes time and effort, I don't think it's a priority for them. Obviously they have other projects on the go, but be realistic.

They'v grown from like 250 when they were working on Horizon 1 to nearly 400 and we know they've been hiring for this multiplayer game since 2018

You're the one not being realistic here, or is Microsoft's studios the only ones who can announce multiple projects?

Last edited:
i have an Xbox other than Forza i was underwhelmed
Then you're not playing with a full deck. There was a ridiculous number of games shown all day 1 on Gamepass, most looked really good. Forza and Halo for Holiday this year, seriously? At least one new game on Gamepass every month for the rest of the year!

They'v grown from like 250 when they were working on Horizon 1 to nearly 400 and we know they've been hiring for this multiplayer game since 2018

You're the one not being realistic here, or is Microsoft's studios the only ones who can announce multiple projects?
Like who showed multiple projects? Forbidden West is a very ambitious game I think those 400 are all working on it to get it done, my opinion of course.

Like who showed multiple projects? Forbidden West is a very ambitious game I think those 400 are all working on it to get it done, my opinion of course.

They have multiple studios now. They didn't hire multiplayer developers to go work on their single player game the last 2 or three years.

Arkane? Bethesda? Obsidian? Ninja Theory?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What Sony have been very good with doing over the past few years is keeping out of the way of their 3rd party partners big releases. For example, no doubt they'll be sticking with Activision and CoD to cover FPS around holiday season, while staying pally with Epic about Fortnite seasonal stuff throughout the year.

Similarly I'd expect them to swerve Elden Ring's January window for anything too closely competitive.

Horizon's a nice thing to have because its a pretty distinct offering, its a T-rated action title that can fit in anywhere in the quarter. Meanwhile they can start ramping up marketing for GoW alongside it in order to slingshot its mindshare for a release in the first or second quarter of 2022.

ZywyPL

Banned
Hard to predict anything after the the recent info/backlash about cross-gen games and 2022 delays to be honest... New GT7 trailer, new gameplay bits from HFW, those are easily doable since they are the closest games they have to release. IG just released R&C and MM recently so they're completely dry. SP finished GoT last year which took them an entire generation to make, so I don't expect to hear about them anytime soon, unless they have some story expansion for GoT coming. ND finally finished TLoU2 last year as well, so the only thing they could show next it Factions, revel trailer would do the job. Is Bend ready to show anything? I don't think so. SSM showed just a placeholder name last year, so I don't think they have anything to show at all as well, they are actually Sony's studio that takes most time to make their games.

So long story short, I'd expect a new GT7 trailer, highlighting some new features, HFW trailer with new gameplay parts, a GoT expansion trailer, Fractions 2 reveal gameplay, MAYBE a short GOW teaser, that's all I can think of. Plus maybe some 3rd party deals like a MGS remaster made by Bluepoint or something like that.

EDIT:
Forgot about 60FPS PS5 patches, they still have a bunch of their games to patch, at least BB, that one alone would make the internet boards explode.

A new IP. Third-person action adventure game with emphasis on story.

1bfpq4.jpg

Like that's what the platform is lacking of...

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

ND should move on.

You could say that about other games as well - GoW? The story was completed after 3rd, Kratos has found his peace. TLoU? Didn't ever need a sequel at all, it was perfect as it was. And so on. As long as those sequels sell, and sell a ton, Sony will continue to make them. UC4 sold close to 20M copies now, a sequel would be a guaranteed smash hit, and Sony's best chance for a MP game with decent community (DLC/MTX). It wouldn't have to surround the characters from previous entries, it could've been a sort of a soft reboot, with different cast and their own storyline, like young Sully, more Elena, Sam even, or someone totally new, but everything kept within the same (successful) formula, gameplay, and story about treasure hunting and exploration.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
I just found out Salt and Sacrifice was coming. Fck its exclusive again, but im fine. breathe.

Dreams PC, this is just ridiculous to be making games with a controller.

And where is that MP for LoU2? Or are they going to rebox it it into next gen bs, yea probably.

Kokoloko85

Probably a bunch of repeats, Kena, Deathloop, Little devil inside, Stray, horizon etc. Probably some God of War gameplay trailer
And then 1-2 new announcements + bunch of new indies, 3rd party games.

Im not expecting much. Apart from the PS5 reveal event, the state of plays have been awful and mostly repeats apart from the Final Fantasy 16 announcement.

I want new 1st party exclusive annoucements, some with gameplay and some without. Not just the rumoured MGS and Silent Hill Or timed exclusives.

I dont want to be shown anything I already have seen apart from God of War.

Kokoloko85

buy square enix, buy capcom, buy bamco, buy housemarqe, buy blue point games,

internet go BOOM.

Do it Jimmy.

(jk you dont need to ps already dominating)

I dont think they can buy Namco, Nintendo has stakes in it.
Just like no1 can buy Fromsoftware, its parent company is in partnership with Sony

Buying Sega would be there best move.
I dont normally agree with Companies buying a bunch of IP’s they had nothing to do with building ( like MS buying Zenimax/Bethesda etc ) but if MS are doing it more and more than I guess Sony should do the same. Otherwise MS will just end up owning them all.

With Sega they get Atlus ( Disgaea, Persona, SMT etc ), Total War Games, and a bunch of IP’s like Yakuza to Phantasy Star, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi etc.
Basically a ton of JRPG’s, Fighting games, sports games, strategy games and more.

Capcom would be great too but I doubt they would buy Square, Capcom or Sega etc

Bluepoint, Housemarque and Kojimastudios would also be awesome and the most realistic

Kokoloko85

A state of play of God of War gameplay would already put E3 in the pocket.

Now is just a matter of kill or overkill, Sony's choice. We will see soon.

They need some new 1st party announcements. Basically we have 3 games coming out, God of War, Horizon and GT7. More is needed

Top Bottom