• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is showing PlayStation 5 Slim in three new colors | CES 2024

The new black color PS5 Slim console covers:

eGdiYHt.jpg

Last edited:

FingerBang

Somehow missed this. Those new colors look great. Hopefully the pro will be offered in more colors or will support plates

GHG

Im convinced you either love or hate how these consoles look. No in-between. I think they look great, especially these new colours. When people say they look shit, im just not seeing it. 🤷‍♂️

I think the disc drive bulge ruins it. It was the same for the original PS5 design (as in the disc drive making it look ugly).

I believe the digital editions look as the designers intended them to be, but I understand why that's not a viable option for most people.

onQ123

Reminds me of end of life consoles to keep sales going as they move on to next generation but these consoles are still $499.

Amazingly is hitting the "I'll get this for the kids" market even at $499

I'm not even sure how Series S didn't dominate the "I'll just get this" market .

Reminds me of end of life consoles to keep sales going as they move on to next generation but these consoles are still $499.

Amazingly is hitting the "I'll get this for the kids" market even at $499

I'm not even sure how Series S didn't dominate the "I'll just get this" market .

Respectfully, that just doesn't add up.

These are modular, so it doesn't quite apply to when say the GameBoy Pocket and GameBoy Color were adding additional color schemes to boost sales.

This is about sustainable revenue throughout the life of the system. Selling the unit in white was to precondition consumers to replace them. They know black is the most popular color.

Selling these for 55 dollars is a subtle price hike that they largely won't get called out for it, if anything the win points for giving options.

The reason why the Series S didn't dominate the "I'll just get this" market was that no kids are asking for it, no one really wants one. 200+ dollars is still a lot to spend for a console you can already tell is clearly reduced in quality and is part of an ecosystem that no one wants.

Normally, when you "just get it" you also get a game... what kid game is driving Xbox sales? Starfield? No dice. Microsoft could have and should have used Rare to create more family-friendly games.

I'm sure they're looking at Toys for Bob and Crash and Spyro, but that dog won't hunt. Even with the millions they'll pour into marketing.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm really hoping that the Pro version changes up the design a bit and doesn't make the Disc Drive look like a piece of tumor on the side.

Top Bottom