• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift Up, the first Korean developer to formalize a publishing contract directly distributed and supported by Sony

nial

Gold Member
That won’t go well with the woke crowd and for some reason Sony is afraid of them 🤷‍♂️
But they're publishing the game, and even then it's being co-developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (the Japanese branch), so they don't have any reason to care about them.

Lmao the purples are super mad about this :lollipop_squinting:
You were not joking; just look at these comments lmfao

r6EJ99k.png
XOmi0WA.png
XpNRPOE.png

zUH4gmB.png
x70bbxe.png

wwdMzLA.png

Pelta88

That won’t go well with the woke crowd and for some reason Sony is afraid of them 🤷‍♂️

There's a gargantuan difference between gaf's and the entire market. I've only ever seen it brought here and ree. Largely, I don't think the market cares about these issues sees these issues in gaming.

I never have. SM2 was the last time I remember it being brought up here and someone was venting about a painting in a fictional world.

Aenima

too bad for them NIKKE continues to print money so it's irrelevant
I actually tought Nikke did average revenue because the game only has waifus so is not exactly being targeted to a big mobile audience (Female players), I was surprized when i saw the recent top revenue gacha games with Nikke in the Top 5 alongside games like Genshin and Star Rail.

Been playing Nikke since day 1, and the game just keeps getting better and better. ShiftUp is by far the best mobile dev when it comes to pamper they players with free stuff and listening to the comunity.

Nikke is the type of game you start playing for the ass and tiddies, and then you keep playing for the amazing story, characters, art and OST. And later when the game gets challenging, for the gameplay as well.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
You were not joking; just look at these comments lmfao

r6EJ99k.png
XOmi0WA.png
XpNRPOE.png

zUH4gmB.png
x70bbxe.png

wwdMzLA.png

I bet these people tell every half naked girl they see on the streets to cover up. Right RIGHT?? 🤦🏻‍♂️

This reminds me of that gay dude from DF saying the same thing about this game. Don’t remember his name tho.

I mean dude you like having a stick up your ass why are you pretending to speak for straight people… these people have a screw loose somewhere.

Last edited:
I mean the game looks like ass no pun intended, but it's an interesting first foray into South Korea for Sony.

It's especially interesting given how much Tencent already owns of the company.

I think South Korea will be really important to their GaaS strategy in the long run.

killatopak

I mean the game looks like ass no pun intended, but it's an interesting first foray into South Korea for Sony.

It's especially interesting given how much Tencent already owns of the company.

I think South Korea will be really important to their GaaS strategy in the long run.
If there’s one thing that’s constant in Korean games is that they have impeccable gameplay. That I do not doubt.

However, another thing is also true. They probably are the pioneers and continue to be the bastion of fucking gaas. They are the home of MMOs. The number one complaint of people who play Korean games is how draconic its service elements are. It is quite nice to finally play another Korean game without any gaas elements hopefully.

Honestly, I rather Sony stay away from Korean gaas. I’ve played so many of them on the PC space that it isn’t just pay to win. It’s pay to access. You have to pay for character upgrades just so you can access a higher tier playspace. Unless you can stomach staring for months at people who spent money just so your free character can catch up. The only reason people keep playing is because their games is actually that damn good.

YukiOnna

I actually tought Nikke did average revenue because the game only has waifus so is not exactly being targeted to a big mobile audience (Female players), I was surprized when i saw the recent top revenue gacha games with Nikke in the Top 5 alongside games like Genshin and Star Rail.

Been playing Nikke since day 1, and the game just keeps getting better and better. ShiftUp is by far the best mobile dev when it comes to pamper they players with free stuff and listening to the comunity.

Nikke is the type of game you start playing for the ass and tiddies, and then you keep playing for the amazing story, characters, art and OST. And later when the game gets challenging, for the gameplay as well.
Yeah. I returned for the 1st Anniversary (I can't play more than a maximum of 1-2 mobage at a time) but was following JP revenue monthly and it comfortably held on, so that was good to see. 1st Anni was great

Top Bottom