• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Says it never planned to release Rise of the Ronin in South Korea

Draugoth

Gold Member
maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking to IGN, Sony confirmed Rise of the Ronin will not release in South Korea but refuted various outlets that claimed it had been cancelled in the country, saying instead it was never planned to release there in the first place.

"Rise of the Ronin for PlayStation 5 was never officially announced for release in Korea," a Sony spokesperson said. "We can confirm that the title is not going to be sold or published in South Korea in any form, physical or digital."

The creator/lead has some "Japan had the right to invade Korea and China" type comments, and it seems like there's a decent chance that stuff is in the game, too. Not surprised they don't want to get drawn into the political drama.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The creator/lead has some "Japan had the right to invade Korea and China" type comments, and it seems like there's a decent chance that stuff is in the game, too. Not surprised they don't want to get drawn into the political drama.

Whoa! Is this normal Japanese thought or abnormal?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Whoa! Is this normal Japanese thought or abnormal?

This thread covers it very well.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I think a similar thing happened with Bulletstorm VR. Drama surrounding that game that some YouTubers pounced on but it seems like it was never rated for release in S. Korea.

nowhat

In related news, I never planned to enter the Mr Universe competition of 2024. I mean I could. But it would be just cruel to the co-competitors.

Eiknarf

Banned
That's alright. The Korean game Stellar Blade will feature 22 languages EXCEPT Japanese. The Japanese dub won't be available anywhere in the world except for Japan.

Take that Sino-Japanese War !!!

Top Bottom