• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the State of Play (31st January 2024)

Rate the state of play

• Total voters

My likings are Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin. The majority of the rest don't even have a release date.

DS2 trailer is way too long for my liking, and Kojima's new game is gonna "Blur the boundary between games and movies." WTF is that, didn't he already got the money from Microsoft for the cloud game to chase his film dream?

Last edited:

Traxtech

Yep, slow start with very strong finish. 100% Ff7 rebirth will drop at the next state of play in 6 days

B. Little bit of everything. Not everything resonated with me but it was good solid mix with gameplay included.

Few games that interested me from the showing.

Silent Hill2
V rising
Stellar Blade
Sonic

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty good, but no amazing new announcements. Kojima making a new not-MGS will be cool, looking forward to playing it on PS6.

Fake

C of Cunt.

There was some terrible games, but others pretty good.

Stellar Blade, Ronin and DS2 are the MVP of the show.

Falling into the C category. started off with dat ass and a release date. slowed down to a crawl in the middle with the exception of Judas, dragons dogma 2, rise of the ronin. got it back up with kojima and death stranding/this new ip.

Last edited:

ssringo

Good start with some sporadically nice stuff. Should've looked at the time when Koji showed up then I'd have know to dip out early. I just can't with the long windedness of his stuff anymore.

Reactions: Isa

Holammer

D.
Nothing for me really. Rise of the Ronin was kinda interesting, but it looked like it was a generation behind when it come to movement & controls.

Metal Gear movie/game or both tease? Neato.

Gojiira

Amazing, DS2 looks incredible,Stellar Blade looks great, Rise of the Ronin bring Open world Sekiro,FUCKING MGS SUCCESSOR ANNOUNCED!
Sorry but nothing is going to top a MGS successor at all…

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
My question is when the hell is Kojima making OD? Are they a 2 game studio now? lol

Saber

Gold Member
I usually give a C at best and D at worst.
But Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade and a few other highly increased that score.

Unfortunatelly that ugly woman at the end made me reduce points. So a solid B it is.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I will go with an A. At least 4/5 games shown that I will definitely get, and some freebies thrown in too. Couldnt ask for much else really.

FUBARx89

Yep, slow start with very strong finish. 100% Ff7 rebirth will drop at the next state of play in 6 days

Wot?

Anyways. I was intrested in Kojima when he said a new action espionage game. Then it suddenly sounded like Quantum Break. I instantly don't care.

Also Silent Hill 2 looks like complete shit. We've known for a while they're following REMake 2, but the combat looks piss poor and the enemy hit reaction was laughable. REmake 2 is 5 years old now and still looked far superior graphically & animation wise to whatever that was.

Last edited:

TheShocker

I didn’t see anything they grabbed my attention as a must have.

Rise of the Ronin looked like a GoT clone, but not as good.

Admittedly, I haven’t played Death Stranding, so I don’t have a solid opinion. The sequel looks good for those that enjoyed the game though.

**edit**

I also saw a good chuck of first person games from Sony…wonder how much motion sickness that’s going to induce?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'll go with a C+, since I didn't got my SEGA surprise.

Some rough games were shown.

Stellar Blade and Kojima's madness saved the show.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
I actually have more interest in Rise of the Ronin now and saw a few more things that are now on my radar. Um, Silent Hill 2 should have been shown before the other one, because it looked worse.

Death Stranding 2 was good and weird, and the other news was exciting even without a teaser. Glad Kojima is working on multiple projects. Was expecting rebirth and the demo drop, but I guess waiting a week won’t be so bad.

Top Bottom