• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The State of Play

What would you rate this State of Play?

• Total voters

ungalo

3 stars if i want to be objective. But i'll probably never play anything that i saw.

FF7R would be exciting if i was into remake. Great production value. Spiderman 2 will probably be very solid and Avatar is pretty impressive visually.

Honestly still more interesting than Nintendo Direct and shorter. It's not a show problem. Just that i don't find all those games very compelling, as usual.

Last edited:

Caio

4/5 :

I liked Resident Evil 4 VR Mode, the DLC; Avatar Frontiers of Pandora looked good, same for Helldivers 2.
Spiderman 2 was amazing, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth insane, and Tales of Arise Beyond the Dawn a pleasant surprise.

I like seeing RE4. Made me want to do another run once VR drops.

FF is gonna Final Fantasy.

My spider sense is not going crazy over Spider-Man 2, but it's still day one.

They're talking about all these spidersuits, when what I want is more story content, cameos, boss fights, easter eggs, sidequests, and more Black Cat or Gwen Stacy.

Killjoy-NL

4 stars. Solid showing, Spider-Man and FFVIIR looked amazing, RE4 looked good as well.

But outside of FF, there wasn't much of interest for me personally.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

3 stars for me, maybe more: rebirth is coming next year and the technical rendering looks full next gen finally. Maybe less: not being able to play all of Spidey 2 as "Spiderman" killed my day 1 enthusiasm, along with the hud marker overload menu systems and garbage skill tree template continuation, in every Sony first party SP game. I might get it close to launch, but probably looking at getting discounted in 18months when my brain might have started to forget the same skill trees of HFW, GoT and Morales.

jm89

I was cackling when i first saw foam stars a few months ago.

But now i'm seeing this thing could be huge.

Tales of arise and re4 dlc were surprising highlights.

Spiderman 2 and ff7 rebirth expected awesome was awesome.

I give it 4/5

Last edited:
I was hoping Monster Hunter next would be here. Spiderman 2 and FF7 Rebirth looked solid though and Avatar looks sick. 3 out of 5 for me. If a new MH game would of been here, would have been a 5/5 for me. Seeing everything getting Release Dates though was a smart choice.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Pretty good. I'd give it a B, which translates to 4 stars I suppose. It kept my attention for more than half of the presentation, which is probably a record.

rapid32.5

Separate Ways doesn’t even count since it’s DLC and multi-platform. Rebirth should be good one star for that. No surprises and Silent Hill is missing in action again, which is disturbing, since the devs were bragging it was nearly finished.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Resident Evil 4 DLC & FFVIIRebirth and Spider-Man
The exact same thing they showed at the showcase.
In fact if it wasn't for Separate Ways DLC it would have been EXACTLY what they showed at the showcase.
what's worse is this was a better showing for those games too.
So other then announcing the PS Portal, they had NOTHING for that showcase.
Jim has to go and so does that woman who kept staring to my right as if she was talking to someone behind me 🤬

Jigsaah

Gold Member
4/5 stars. I don't play VR but the Resident Evil VR game looks fun.
Spiderman 2 finally gets a proper showing.
Hyped for Rebirth though I'll be waiting to play on PC, since the PS5 pro won't be out til late next year maybe.
Helldivers actually looks pretty fun if you got friends to play with.
Tales of Arise looks...different. I thought it was Granblue at first. Looks like they stepped up their game.

Didn't care for much else, but I came away satisfied.

3.5 stars because of Rebirth and new Spidey footage. Ada DLC dropping soon was welcome news, Helldivers 2 looking good and we've got a release date. Solid overall but nothing new, still waiting for a mind-melting 1st party showcase.

Last edited:

Hoddi

Little that interested me. I've yet to play FF7R so it was nice to see a release date for the next part. And I guess Avatar seems okay though I'll wait for the reviews.

supernova8

Banned
Avatar looked great but I cannot remember what they showed last time... FF Rebirth looks amazing (FFVII remake looked like it had no business being on PS4 in the first place and this looked even better)...

Spiderman 2 eh... felt like they described it as "hey look it's the exact same game but now with a bigger map, more costumes.... and you can be a flying squirrel yay!"

Other than that pretty meh. Foamstars looks amazing obviously /s

I was going to give it 2/5 but bumped it up to 3/5 to reward them for that epic troll in the middle where they had all those crazy Playstation animations, probably making everyone think the PS5 Slim was about to be announced and then they were like

"BUY THESE FACEPLATES YOU PEASANTS!"

Last edited:

Crayon

I have no idea why foam stars is appealing to me. I don't play stuff like that and I never found splatoon appealing. I think I just like the way the foam looks, which is odd. It looks all nice and fluffy.

Ozzie666

Marginally better then the Nintendo Direct today. I was all in for Spider-man 2 and FF7 Rebirth already. Sony is really playing the slow roll this generation, either nothing is ready or they are just so confident. Like many gamers, I'd love to hear or see something new in the pipeline. I have to wonder if some third parties held back for the upcoming Japan show? Mihght explaint he absence of titles like Pragmata. I went into the SOP expecting disappointment, it was better than the last effort and I left feeling 'meh'.

Maybe that sounds strange, but Baby Steps is the first game, which made me want to have a PS5 (even if it looks like it could also work on my PS4).

I wish we have more characters like him, not everybody needs to be a superhero or badass. I miss quirky characters like him or the Deadly Premonition guy :)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Had deja vu watching that. Felt like every game has been at the last show.
1imKpFm.jpg

Dumb And Dumber GIF

Bridges

I feel crazy watching that and seeing 4/5s here. Just longer trailers of a bunch of games we've already seen.

Final Fantasy looks incredible but otherwise this felt pretty pointless.

... Definitely wanna play Baby Steps though, I'll give them that

1/5

Would be 0 if not for VII Rebirth release date and even that doesn’t really matter to me because I’ll just wait a few months and play the game on PC.

What’s happened to Sony? This show and the last one was awful. Guess I’m not getting a PS5 until 2025 lol

Top Bottom